The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+15
directtel
Tim Spears
Rambo
Moonlight
Sunrise
TelFan
Expert
fustachio.tel
Telminator
Telnamer
mikeseaton
Alex
silvano
Boracay
Tely
19 posters

Telnames Mobile Website Builder

Tely
    Tely

Warning level : 100 %

Telnames Mobile Website Builder  Empty Telnames Mobile Website Builder

Post by Tely 2012-11-11, 3:35 am

Boracay
    Boracay

Telnames Mobile Website Builder  Empty Re: Telnames Mobile Website Builder

Post by Boracay 2012-11-11, 7:11 am

It's very simple. It's the only tool you need. It accesses the iPads photos etc
    I have a few family members with telnames and they are "newbies". this app has made "more sense" regards "visiting" of their website as opposed to "updating or working" on their website.

Good job telnic.
    Lets get back to the pro.tel
    An update to my.tel is a very very long time overdue.
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2012-11-11, 8:43 am

Great idea!

Telnic: global world market
    >>>.
    Telnames: only UK market
    >>>
    Telnames Mobile Website Builder: only UK with iPhone

We are seeking niche markets increasingly restricted.

And already there is MY.TEL of Telnic for Android and iPhone with a laughable 1000 downloads with Android, don't know the numbers with iPhone.

This week less than 180 new domains registered by Telnames, despite the radio advertising. A weekly income of approximately 180 pounds. Enough to pay the cleaning woman for the office!

It was better if Telnic/Telnames worked on the templates.

Boracay wrote:Good job telnic.
    Not Telnic, Telnames! A little, local, reseller of .tel domains.
    :-)
    Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex 2012-11-11, 10:29 am

Telnames Mobile Website Builder
    iOS iPhone

Telnames is the first app of its kind that enables you to create your own website only using your iPhone.
    Within a few minutes you can buy, build, manage and share a mobile-friendly website that you own and control. No technical skills are required.
    This free app lets you purchase a .tel name directly via in-app purchasing and fully manage it from your phone!

Product Features

Each telname has one page containing:
    • A short description including your logo or profile picture
    • Up to 20 pieces of contact information (including telephone numbers, email addresses, web links, and social media links)
    • A map and address location
    • An offer where you can describe your goods or services on promotion
    • An image gallery containing up to 5 photos
    • A video displayed on your page
    • A full business profile
    • An additional information section
    • A design wizard to personalize your background image for desktops, iPads and tablets

Terms of Use

• To take advantage of all of the features of this app, you need to subscribe to a one-year registration of a .tel name from Telnames through the in-app purchase process.
    • The price of this one-year subscription is £14.99 (or commensurate local price adjusted for currency by Apple)
    • Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
    • Your annual subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
    • Your Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will again be £14.99 or commensurate price adjusted for currency by Apple
    • Should the subscription price change, a manual renewal at the end of the subscription period will be required to confirm the new price.
    • Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the Settings in the Telnames app after the initial purchase
    • No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
    • For information about our Privacy Policy please visit: http://iphone.telnames.com/privacy.html
    • For information about our Terms of Use please visit: http://iphone.telnames.com/termsofsale.html

What's new

Bug fixes, iPhone 5 improvements.

Screenshots

Telnames Mobile Website Builder  Mzl.wesfubkx.320x480-75 Telnames Mobile Website Builder  Mzl.blztutwh.320x480-75 Telnames Mobile Website Builder  Mzl.zmdtuudu.320x480-75 Telnames Mobile Website Builder  Mzl.lehkygvo.320x480-75 Telnames Mobile Website Builder  Mzl.eipaxrmk.320x480-75
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-11, 11:59 am

TelTalk wrote:Telnames is the first app of its kind that enables you to create your own website only using your iPhone.
    Within a few minutes you can buy, build, manage and share a mobile-friendly website that you own and control. No technical skills are required.
    This free app lets you purchase a .tel name directly via in-app purchasing and fully manage it from your phone!
    I remember Henri saying how he was working on this iPhone App some months ago on the Telnic forum.

AFAIK he never confirmed that this iPhone App would be Telnames-only, but knowing the way things are going with Telnic subdomain .tels (or NOT going to be more precise) this fits in with the future development scenario that is unravelling !

Just wonder at what point registrars are going to realise that the Telnic subdomain .tels they are selling are NOT being marketed and NOT being developed any more ?

Why alienate Telnic registrars this way, when you could let them share in the Telnames future by releasing the template to them ?

Is there a plan to drop Telnic registrars in favour of direct sell by Telnames ?

If not, then Telnic have a funny way of rewarding loyalty by their registrars !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer 2012-11-11, 12:43 pm

Boracay wrote:It's very simple. It's the only tool you need. It accesses the iPads photos etc
    I have a few family members with telnames and they are "newbies". this app has made "more sense" regards "visiting" of their website as opposed to "updating or working" on their website.
    Yes, there is no better app for registering AND creating a domain, doesn't matter what domain extension.
    Really amazing!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-11, 12:56 pm

Telnamer wrote:Yes, there is no better app for registering AND creating a domain, doesn't matter what domain extension.
    Really amazing!
    @Telnamer - are there any differences (in the end result) between a Telnames page created by the iPhone App and one created by the normal Telnames Control Panel ?

Hopefully the answer is No !

It does look like Telnames is doing a good job technically in laying the groundwork for the future of .Tel as a Mobile site generator - see http://www.telnames.com for confirmation of this being the direction that .tel is heading in.

Hmmm - maybe I need to adjust the price of these Premium Keyword .Tel Domains upwards a bit ?

http://MikeSeaston.tel

Last edited by mikeseaton on 2012-11-11, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer 2012-11-11, 1:23 pm

Mike, I've read your previous comment which has been deleted by your last update of it.
    The big advantage is you can do everything only with one app (buying, creating and updating the domain).
    But your comment made me think: Why I need an app?
    If Telnames would provide a mobile version of their website Telnames.com, I wouldn't even need the app.
    But when going to Telnames.com from a mobile I get the following information:
    How to buy
    To buy a .tel name today for your business or organisation, simply go online to www.telnames.com from your computer.
    Accessing the control panel with a mobile version of Telnames' website would be an even faster solution, because then the app doesn't need to be downloaded.
    At least Telnames should update the quote above and link to the new app.
    Anyway downloading the app is a good option for new (and old) customers, because if you buy the domain, you really could use the app (which usually loads faster - even than most mobile websites).
    The app itself provides pretty much what the desktop version from Telnames.com provides (the easiest and fastest way to accomplish what you need).

Last edited by Telnamer on 2012-11-11, 2:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer 2012-11-11, 1:28 pm

Ah, there is your question again:
    mikeseaton wrote:@Telnamer - are there any differences (in the end result) between a Telnames page created by the iPhone App and one created by the normal Telnames Control Panel ?
    Nothing!
    mikeseaton wrote:Hopefully the answer is No !
    It is!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-11, 1:36 pm

Telnamer wrote:The big advantage is you can do everything only with one app (buying, creating and updating the domain).
    But your comment made me think: Why I need an app?
    If Telnames would provide a mobile version of their website Telnames.com, I wouldn't even need the app.

Accessing the control panel with a mobile version of Telnames' website would be an even faster solution, because then the app doesn't need to be downloaded.
    It always struck me as odd that Telnic never developed a Mobile version of http://www.Telnic.org - this applies even more with http://www.Telnames.com since they are clearly focussing on the Mobile market as the future for the .tel extension.

I agree with your comment about using a standard Control Panel within a Mobile version of http://www.Telnames.com

The iPhone App sounds good - but AFAIK every new release of an iTunes app has to be submitted for re-approval - this will make minor bug fixing hard work.

Additionally you will need different versions of the app for Android and Windows devices.

So much simpler just to have a Mobile Telnames site !

Hopefully this development by Telnames is not too far off ?

Tely
    Tely

Post by Tely 2012-11-11, 1:55 pm

silvano wrote:Telnames: only UK market
    http://www.teltalk.org/t497-telnames-in-the-eu-and-us

silvano wrote:Telnames Mobile Website Builder: only UK with iPhone
    Bowen-Morris says next on the list for Telnic are apps that allow registry and management of .tel names via iPhone or Android.
    http://www.teltalk.org/t343-four-important-software-projects-will-be-released-by-telnic-telnames-soon
    Tely
    Tely

Post by Tely 2012-11-11, 2:05 pm

mikeseaton wrote:I remember Henri saying how he was working on this iPhone App some months ago on the Telnic forum.

AFAIK he never confirmed that this iPhone App would be Telnames-only, but knowing the way things are going with Telnic subdomain .tels (or NOT going to be more precise) this fits in with the future development scenario that is unravelling !
    On 26/04/12 Boracay wrote:Henri, how soon before the logo, pictures, background, and specifying the video field ....will be accessible via the my.tel app???
    On 26/04/12 Henri wrote:It'll be a Telnames app. I agree that one needs to be able to do everything from the mobile (to the extent possible).
    Note though that My.tel is the general purpose .tel management app, and won't support whatever the Telnames brand is doing. For example, My.tel fully supports subdomains.
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post by Telminator 2012-11-11, 2:30 pm

silvano wrote:This week less than 180 new domains registered by Telnames, despite the radio advertising.
    Yes, the radio advertising from Telnames is useless. Such a small campaign can't generate a lot of interest.
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telminator 2012-11-11, 2:33 pm

TelTalk wrote:Telnames is the first app of its kind that enables you to create your own website only using your iPhone.
    This is indeed a special and unique feature from Telnames.
    The app works very well, doesn't matter if the .tel was bought with the app or through Telnames.com.
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telminator 2012-11-11, 2:36 pm

On 26/04/12 Henri wrote:It'll be a Telnames app. I agree that one needs to be able to do everything from the mobile (to the extent possible).
    Note though that My.tel is the general purpose .tel management app, and won't support whatever the Telnames brand is doing. For example, My.tel fully supports subdomains.
    Really bad!
    Telnic really wants to keep the benefits from both solutions separated: Great design and easy handling at Telnames and subdomains at Telnic.
    The worst business idea I have ever heard about.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-11, 2:38 pm

Telminator wrote:
    This is indeed a special and unique feature from Telnames.
    The app works very well, doesn't matter if the .tel was bought with the app or through Telnames.com.
    Just need that first deal with a major Telco to bundle a .tel in with every new mobile phone contract at a nominal price (for the first year).

Vodafone is my favourite Telco - just along the M4 from Telnic/Telnames office !

Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telminator 2012-11-11, 2:41 pm

mikeseaton wrote:It always struck me as odd that Telnic never developed a Mobile version of http://www.Telnic.org - this applies even more with http://www.Telnames.com since they are clearly focussing on the Mobile market as the future for the .tel extension.

I agree with your comment about using a standard Control Panel within a Mobile version of http://www.Telnames.com

So much simpler just to have a Mobile Telnames site !

Hopefully this development by Telnames is not too far off ?
    After more than 3 years we know the work pace from Telnic (Telnames) already.
    Nothing can be expected soon!
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telminator 2012-11-11, 2:44 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Just need that first deal with a major Telco to bundle a .tel in with every new mobile phone contract at a nominal price (for the first year).

Vodafone is my favourite Telco - just along the M4 from Telnic/Telnames office !
    There was already a deal with the biggest Telco in the world:
    http://www.teltalk.org/t31-telchina-and-china-mobile-to-build-mobile-payment-solution-with-tel
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-11-11, 4:07 pm

App looks great from the pics you posted.
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2012-11-11, 6:21 pm

silvano wrote:only UK with iPhone
    [/color]
    We are seeking niche markets increasingly restricted.

It's not just UK. I downloaded from the Oz app store, and to say iPhone is niche is ridiculous.
    It works just as well on the iPad and iPad mini (tested), so with idevices in the wild nearing a staggering 1 BILLION active internet users... Telnames could be ready to go!

A pro.tel update , then app, would hopefully follow.

This is good work.
    Focus on a massive user base.
    The app is very easy to use.
    You can go to market with it.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2012-11-11, 11:14 pm

It's very funny: Telnic have shown several times they are capable of building great products.
    This new app is a real innovation!
    But why it takes so long to make very small steps?
    We are waiting for so many things for so long (even for years):
    Customizing of pictures and videos at Telnic
    Background pictures at Telnic
    Folders at Telnames
    Offering Telnames in the US and the EU
    No update of Telpages since March 2009
    No update of Telfriends since March 2009
    Announced activities from the roadmap for the beginning of 2011 (haven't happened yet)
    Finishing template 8 as it was designed in the competition
    Countless, but reasonable suggestions and requests from customers - often very important and very often with little effort only (Telnic hardly reacts to those questions - and thinks about realization even less.)
    TelFan
    TelFan

Post by TelFan 2012-11-11, 11:31 pm

The Telnames app logo:

Telnames Mobile Website Builder  881396
    TelFan
    TelFan

Post by TelFan 2012-11-11, 11:32 pm

The initial app screen:

Telnames Mobile Website Builder  3122-1-telnames-mobile-website-builder
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2012-11-11, 11:48 pm

Is it fair to say this new app is the best thing happened to .tel in combination with the template from Telnames.
    But there is a big problem: How people will notice the existence of it? Certianly not by one radio ad in Bristol only!
    Since Telnic offers only a product with a much lower qualtiy level and Telnames avoids any market attention, it will last long until the world will hear about .tel.
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post by Moonlight 2012-11-12, 12:01 am

Boracay wrote:This is good work.
    Focus on a massive user base.
    The app is very easy to use.
    You can go to market with it.
    Absolutely!
    But I agree with many other members that a few subdomains or folders are still missing at Telnames.
    It would have been good if Telnames would have provided those before the app launch.
    Now it seems this important improvement won't happen soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 1:08 am