The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

How owner of a directory can protect himself from unexpected claims?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

How owner of a directory can protect himself from unexpected claims? Empty How owner of a directory can protect himself from unexpected claims?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:18 am

maximka12-20-2009 10:37 AM

How owner of a directory can protect himself from unexpected claims?

The least thing we need - is to have troubles with crazy people or people who want to save us from our money with various means. When we do a project in Internet we expose ourselves to all these dangers.

So, what common means of protection me need to undertake?

For the beginning, want to ask all members of the forum, how you think should it be written on the first page of the tel-directories a sentence that information this directory provides is taken from open sources, and that the owner of the directory is not responsible for the obsolete information?

Shahid12-20-2009 11:34 AM

that is a great thing to be discussed i think, lets say you have 100 people who are on your directory and out of which 5 or 10 scam people the directory should not pay any claims if that is what you meant.

for that we can write an ad on the top clearly stating the directory takes no responsibility for any business done between the companies listed here and your self and we shall not entertain any kind of claim later on.

tel4rent12-20-2009 12:24 PM

Do you guys mean a sort of disclaimer? It would be great to get some guidelines.

maximka12-20-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 3576)
    Do you guys mean a sort of disclaimer?

[size]
    I meant - claim; grievance; reclamation; complaint; action; lawsuit; discontent.[/size]

markske12-20-2009 10:20 PM

If you look at this weeks Tel of the week oxfordstreet.tel http://terms-and-conditions.oxfordstreet.tel/ they have their terms and conditions listed.

For my site I am looking at Terms and Conditions for both those who use the site similar to the Oxford Street directory example and Terms and Conditions for those who are listed on my site and they will have to agree to these when they sign up to be listed on the site.

Bunjie12-20-2009 10:27 PM

First thing I did on mine was add one, like you said these days almost everyone's out for what they can get from us.

furry.tel

Quote:

© Copyright 2009 The Furry Directory · All other Brand Names, Logos and Information from us are properties of their respective owners.

We are not responsible for the content of external internet sites.

No liability is accepted for anything listed here.

All information is supplied or collected from public sources in good faith.

[size]
    I might do this though

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by markske (Post 3603)
    If you look at this weeks Tel of the week oxfordstreet.tel http://terms-and-conditions.oxfordstreet.tel/ they have their terms and conditions listed.

For my site I am looking at Terms and Conditions for both those who use the site similar to the Oxford Street directory example and Terms and Conditions for those who are listed on my site and they will have to agree to these when they sign up to be listed on the site.

maximka12-20-2009 11:04 PM

markskeBunjie, thank you!

Bunjie, can we use your "Terms and conditions" for us?

How do you think, if I, for example, will put my own "Terms and Conditions" to my domain not in English but in another language, will it be still valid?

Bunjie12-21-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 3605)
    markskeBunjie, thank you!

Bunjie, can we use your "Terms and conditions" for us?

How do you think, if I, for example, will put my own "Terms and Conditions" to my domain not in English but in another language, will it be still valid?

[size]
    I don't think it matters with regards to language all tos are valid, with regard's to a I didin't understand because it was in another language defence I believe it's been tried and failed in what ever case.

And you can use anything you want it's all generic Just to be sure I would check with a lawyer forum to see if this covers you for all undisclosed scenarios.

You could add, in english one part that states, By using this site you agree you understand our tos in "language"?[/size]

Redirects.tel12-21-2009 07:07 AM

Plagerism.

Directories will come across that "threat" hurdle at some point. If you are listing information that is of specific origin, designed purposely to catch out those who harvest bulk data, I'm not so sure a disclaimer will save you.

Great topic.
    On the other hand, adding "carefully crafted perfectly legal" listed data to your own directory will catch out those that plagerise your hard work too right? A simple google and wham... gotcha

tel4rent12-21-2009 09:16 AM

Indeed great topic to follow.

That's why i think we should be able to stop "copy and paste" on dot tel domain. Even if we know people can still copy the content with extra skills

I am also checking with lawyer for better advise.

maximka12-21-2009 12:12 PM

Bunjie, Redirects.teltel4rent, thank you!

Perhaps, for better study of the subject, we should divide into two main parts of "data", we are talking about:

1. Copying from open sources (websites, Google, booklets, manuals) such data as:
    a) name of firm
    b) web-site adress
    c) email
    d) telephone
    e) fax
    f) adress

2. Copying from open sources fragments of texts - descriptions of what this firm is busy, shot lists of product it proposes, etc.

Thus, all of the above comments apply to paragraphs 1 and 2? Or we may copying the data from the paragraph 1 with less restrictions?

dottel.net12-21-2009 12:21 PM

fyi - we did have our terms and conditions legally reviewed - you should look at your respective projects/tel and add something which covers your areas of concern. I do think its important to have a t&c link or keyword though.

maximka12-21-2009 12:46 PM

dottel.net, thank you! Can I use your t&c ? Or it is better to write my own t&c, because to use yours it will be a plagiarism?

dottel.net12-21-2009 12:50 PM

sure go ahead and use subject to my t&c's!!! :) 
    just use at your own risk

Shahid12-21-2009 01:04 PM

guess i need to work on some of mine too, what i plan to do is build directories 

www.AutoParts.tel ( Completed )

www.MarineParts.tel ( completed ) 

www.Equipments.tel ( 10% as its huge )

www.SpareParts.tel ( not done yet )

so once directories are made mail all the people that are on it and inform them they are listed there in any case they wish not to be there they can notify you. so if you hear from them well and good if not you have done your part in informing them 

is this also a good way of doing it ?

maximka12-21-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 3642)
    sure go ahead and use subject to my t&c's!!! 
    just use at your own risk ...

[size]
    dottel.net, thank you very much for your kind assent! It would be a really very big problem for me to find a lawyer who speaks English, understands about Internet matters and is available by his prices. Thank you once more! :) 

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 3648)
    ... so once directories are made mail all the people that are on it and inform them they are listed there in any case they wish not to be there they can notify you. so if you hear from them well and good if not you have done your part in informing them ...

[size]
    Now I also began to think about informing people listed in my directories and asking do they like to be in the directory or no? I think to write them and inform that now I will list them for free - for a year or a half of a year. Then they will already be prepared and knew about .tel, and at the next time it would be easier to negotiate with them about their Ads - which will be not for free.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 1:30 am