The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Here is how to place advertising with Perl and WebService-Telnic module

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Here is how to place advertising with Perl and WebService-Telnic module Empty Here is how to place advertising with Perl and WebService-Telnic module

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:20 am

JLouisBiz12-24-2009 11:02 AM

Here is how to place advertising with Perl and WebService-Telnic module

1 Attachment(s)
    It looks like WebService-Telnic module from Peter Makholm is working.

Here is small KNOW-HOW, on how to place advertising on Dot Tel domain by using Perl, although part is hand made, part with Perl.

1. Use the supplied small script, where you will change on bottom the advertising title, URL, description and position priorities.

2. Run the script like this: 
    perl tel-putads2.pl -domain=yourdomainhere.tel -user=Z12345678 -pass=123pass111

Soon, you will be enjoying the placement of advertising on your Dot Tel, like here shown http://adresar.tel

If you need help, let me know, and I can help you on this simple task.

I don't know, but for some reason I really like Dot Tel. It has search engine power, and most of all, you don't need nothing but domain to run it.

dottel12-24-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 3785)
    It looks like WebService-Telnic module from Peter Makholm is working.

Here is small KNOW-HOW, on how to place advertising on Dot Tel domain by using Perl, although part is hand made, part with Perl.

1. Go to web control panel of Dot Tel, and add subdomain _ad for the domain or subdomain where the advertising shall appear. For example if advertising is to appear on http://adresar.tel the sub-domain you should add would be _ad.adresar.tel and it will not show on Internet.

2. Use the supplied small script, where you will change on bottom the advertising title, URL, description and position priorities.

3. Run the script like this: 
    perl tel-putads.pl -domain=_ad.yourdomainhere.tel -user=Z12345678 -pass=123pass111

Soon, you will be enjoying the placement of advertising on your Dot Tel, like here shown http://adresar.tel

If you need help, let me know, and I can help you on this simple task.

I don't know, but for some reason I really like Dot Tel. It has search engine power, and most of all, you don't need nothing but domain to run it.

[size]
    thanks for the info, much appreciated.
    Now i can just feed the ads straight rather than depending on third party tools[/size]

JLouisBiz12-24-2009 11:12 AM

Exactly. I have seen the trend to close the access to Dot Tel features by providing such third party commercial and closed source tools, which basically is machine to drive traffic to them. It is what we all want and need. But I still think that way of providing service is past.

That is why I miss open source development for Dot Tel domains on Sourceforge.net and other open source project websites.

I can think that various Dot Tel browsers will come up. Also simple scripts to place advertising with GUI and such. 

Important is to have command line tools, Perl or other languages, because how can you manage hundreds and hundreds of advertising with web control panel, and waste so much time?! 

I have now simple way to place advertising and I can plug it into the database and place advertising all over the bunch of Dot Tel domains we have. That would need: to read all sub-domains on a domain, to add to each sub-domain _ad. subdomain, so that subdomain is prepared for advertising and then to place advertising on each subdomains.

JLouisBiz12-24-2009 11:36 AM

The script is now simpler. There is no need to go into web interface to add _ad subdomain, it is done automatically by script.

Redirects.tel12-24-2009 01:36 PM

Welcome and thanks for sharing from the developer world. What we need is .tel to arrive. Like apples app store did. ....well, the rest is history.

dottel12-24-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 3788)
    The script is now simpler. There is no need to go into web interface to add _ad subdomain, it is done automatically by script.

[size]
    much appreciated for this info..
    I do appreciate if you could update such tools info in future too (hope I am not asking for too much)

this helps everyone and even more to people like me who don't cant participate/view dev.telnic.org (due to different reasons, non-techy/busy/don't get the point/too techy/etc)[/size]

JLouisBiz12-25-2009 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
    Somebody asked me for more information on how to run that script. Of course, not everybody is on Linux. Who is on Windows, should have Perl installed. Who is on Mac or Linux, opens up terminal, and run the updated script attached below like this:

perl tel-putads2.pl -domain=example.tel -user=MyNameHere -pass=Incorrect -adtitle="Here comes the Blue Title" -adgreen="www.greenurl.com" -adurl="http://www.example.com" -addesc="Text description with not that much text." -position=bottom

This is not run over website. It is run locally on the computer. This script does not delete previous ads, it simply ads new advertising. Position can be specified as top, bottom or right.

Someone could boot into Linux with some stick or Live-CD and run it in terminal simply. Or install Perl and required modules on Windows.

I could make web based version, but that was not my purpose. Imagine you have 10 advertisers to change all over Dot Tel or you have 100 different ads to advertise, so that has to be done through database and maintenance has to be done by program, not through website. But I could provide simple website version, only then you never know if I am taking your password or not, but you have to trust me. :cool:

JLouisBiz12-25-2009 06:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
    Here is sample web based script Let Me Put At Least One Ad On My Dot Tel Domain.

No guarantees. Beware, as the ad will not be deleted by that dirty script. Here is also the same script attached, so that you can install it on your own server. 

You have to install WebService-Telnic module for Perl which you get here:
    http://search.cpan.org/~pmakholm/WebService-Telnic-0.2/

It did work on one of our domains, http://otok.tel but I don't guarantee anything. Further, there is no guarantee and no SSL encryption, and you have to trust me with password as well.

I am interested if it works for you. Use it only on playground Dot Tel domains, not on production domains. For example, make test.example.tel and try placing it on that subdomain.

I could make full featured version too.

marimax12-25-2009 10:35 AM

Polak zawsze znajdzie wyjscie

JLouisBiz12-25-2009 12:09 PM

My Google translator says that is: Pole, there is always output

maximka12-25-2009 12:39 PM

"Polak zawsze znajdzie wyjscie" = "A man when being in a difficult situation will always find a solution of a problem".

This will be more correct translation of this Polish proverb.

Shahid12-25-2009 12:41 PM

welcome JLouisBiz

Good to know someone knowledgeable is here who is willing to share rather then make money of people i respect people who share what they know and i think your one of them too.

Good luck and hope you do well, i have no choice but to stick to tools mark made as i trust him besides that i have not or neither will ever use third party tools as i dont know programing or scripting my self.

Shahid

mactel12-25-2009 06:50 PM

Thank you so much for your fantastic contribution!.... (!)
    - I added your info to my .tel/Linux blog:
    http://telforlinux.blogspot.com/
    Any additions, follow ups and updates, are welcome.
    Have a fantastic Christmas holiday! Enjoy!

marimax12-27-2009 08:39 AM

Maximka is a smart girl

Current date/time is 2024-05-13, 5:34 pm