The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

2 posters

Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35 Empty Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35

Post by Alex 2012-05-04, 5:12 pm

After shying away from the public markets for years, Facebook is ready for its debut.

On Thursday, Facebook set the estimated price for its initial public offering at $28 to $35 a share, according to a revised prospectus. At the midpoint of the range, the social networking company is on track to raise $10.6 billion, in an debut that could value the company at $86 billion.

The company is finalizing its prospectus, as it prepares for a road show to meet investors in cities like New York, Boston, San Francisco, Chicago, and Baltimore.

On Friday, Facebook executives will meet in New York with the sales forces of the company’s underwriters to brief them on the I.P.O. presentation, according a person with knowledge of the matter. Those salespeople will then reach out to prospective investors to begin shopping the offering. The I.P.O. has attracted a small army of 33 underwriters, led by Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs.

Read the full story at The New York Times.
    Alex
    Admin

Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35 Empty Do you need a proof Facebook is overrated?

Post by Alex 2012-05-21, 8:17 am

Facebook Raises $16 Billion in I.P.O. That Values It at $104 Billion

As investors raced to get shares, whose price Facebook set at $38 each, the sprawling social network raised $16 billion on Thursday in an initial public offering.

Now let's see where the course is going at the stock exchange rate here.
    Alex
    Admin

Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35 Empty Re: Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35

Post by Alex 2012-05-21, 4:22 pm

TelTalk wrote:Now let's see where the course is going at the stock exchange rate here.
    My prediction was right: 10 % loss on the second trading day - value per share now only $ 34.

The IPO was much overpriced for a company which reached the top of its potential already!
    Alex
    Admin

Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35 Empty Facebook Highlights: The beginning of paid social networking?

Post by Alex 2012-05-22, 3:56 am

Facebook is changing its strategy and thinks about earning money:

Facebook is testing a system that lets user pay to make their status updates more visible. What's the idea? And where is this going to lead?

Facebook is testing a new pay-to-promote system for status updates: the idea is that users can pay a small fee to Facebook to have a particular status update appear on their social networks in a more-visible manner. Right now, the test service appears to be only running in New Zealand (although a few others claim to have seen it), and the company has not announced any plans to take the feature to other markets, or even if it’s going to stick with the idea.
    What’s behind Facebook Highlight, and what could it mean for other Facebook services? How might other social networking services respond? Are we starting to enter an era where social networks carry so much noise that only those willing to pay have a chance to be heard?

Read the full story at Digitaltrends.com.

It won't take long until you can get a Facebook account free of ads for a fee.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35 Empty Re: Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-22, 1:47 pm

TelTalk wrote:Facebook is changing its strategy and thinks about earning money:

Facebook is testing a system that lets user pay to make their status updates more visible. What's the idea? And where is this going to lead?

Facebook is testing a new pay-to-promote system for status updates: the idea is that users can pay a small fee to Facebook to have a particular status update appear on their social networks in a more-visible manner. Right now, the test service appears to be only running in New Zealand (although a few others claim to have seen it), and the company has not announced any plans to take the feature to other markets, or even if it’s going to stick with the idea.
    What’s behind Facebook Highlight, and what could it mean for other Facebook services? How might other social networking services respond? Are we starting to enter an era where social networks carry so much noise that only those willing to pay have a chance to be heard?

Read the full story at Digitaltrends.com.

It won't take long until you can get a Facebook account free of ads for a fee.

Why pay when adblock works fine?
    Alex
    Admin

Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35 Empty Welcome to the reality!

Post by Alex 2012-05-22, 4:29 pm

Are we talking about the most overrated internet company of the world?

Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35 Facebo10

Continue to follow the crash here!
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-24, 3:45 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/mark-zuckerberg-loses-friends-on-wall-street-as-regulators-probe-19bn-slump-7778894.html

investors worried about Facebook's long-term prospects

In a little-noticed amendment to the company's share prospectus before the initial public offering (IPO), Facebook said that revenues were unlikely to keep pace with the growth in its user numbers, because many new users were coming to the social network via smartphones, whose screens have little space for it to sell adverts.

The trend is mobile as we always knew, .tel just needs to fill the void that advertisers and small business need to connect with their potential and current customers, websites just need to be plugged into .tel just like they're plugged into your facebook or twitter and sucking out the information, but the other way round taking a cache of it that I can cut when I no longer wish to take part, and know that data will be expunged in 24 hours from the site who had access to it.

My .tel is me...
    Alex
    Admin

Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35 Empty Some background about the current development of Facebook

Post by Alex 2012-05-24, 5:44 pm

Headlines:

• Facebook chief operating officer begs students to 'click an ad or two' on social network as IPO woes continue
    • Underwriter says it will adjust prices for investors who overpaid for shares
    • Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg saved $174 million by selling off 30.2 million shares at $37.58 each
    • Shares at $32.30 today - down 15pc from IPO
    • Shareholders filed a lawsuit alleging banks that underwrote the IPO downgraded revenue projects for company but never released the information to the public
    • Facebook insider warned privileged clients before the IPO that revenue would fall short of expectations and that shock price would drop
    • Facebook's big winners cashed in early before the price tumbled

Read the interesting background story at Dailymail.co.uk.

PS: And don't forget to read the comments to this article at the bottom of it.
    That makes me think why more than 900 million users are registered on Facebook while everybody hates it!
    Alex
    Admin

Ahead of I.P.O., Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35 Empty Be at the right place at the right time!

Post by Alex 2012-05-24, 6:41 pm

While observing the beginning of the collapse from Facebook it's a pity TelFriends has never been really developed.

TelFriends could be a great alternative to Facebook with extended privacy protection and implementation in all widespread networks!
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-30, 5:21 am

Mark Zuckerberg is a very smart business man:

He arranged the I.P.O. right at that moment after Facebooks revenues have reached its peak and could arrange the highest possible share value, read at CNN.com:

Article from April: Facebook revenue falls

Since this information was public long before, why people were willing to pay $ 38 per share?

Unfortunately Zuckerberg forget to consider the damaging factor for the company reputation by a disastrous Facebook stock price of less than $ 29 at the moment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 11:48 pm