The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Correct format for emergency phone numbers

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Correct format for emergency phone numbers Empty Correct format for emergency phone numbers

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:09 am

Blunderer06-25-2010 11:40 AM

Correct format for emergency phone numbers

@Telnic,

Please advise on the correct format for emergency phone numbers when dialled, through a .tel, from a mobile. In the UK there are two - 999, and the European (and elsewhere) 112. I assume that they should be expressed as +44999 or +44112 but obviously can't dial them just to check.

I also assume that phone numbers for other emergency response organisations, such as the National Gas Emergency Service (0800 111999) should be expressed as +44800111999.

I don't expect that many people would need to dial the emergency services whilst looking at a .tel but, stranger things have happened.

Aled06-25-2010 02:55 PM

Blunderer,

With regards to 999, just the "999" is sufficient on mobile phones as shown on http://norfolk.constabulary.tel/. Please note that many VOIP providers (e.g. Skype) do not support emergency numbers however. 

With regards to other numbers then yes, they should be treated as a standard phone number with the country code first.

Blunderer06-25-2010 05:15 PM

Hi Aled,

Just to be clear, I should enter 999, then disable the validation check, then save?

Regards,

Roy

Aled06-25-2010 05:16 PM

Yes, that's right Roy.

Blogger06-25-2010 07:45 PM

I have run into this problem before. I just have a message; "Please disconnect from this web browser and dial 999 from your mobile phone or land line."

The last thing you want is to be sued because the call could not be made VoiP.

Another version is "Emergency calls are not supported (reliably) by VoiP. Please shut down your web browser and call 999 from your mobile phone or land-line"

With the VoiP the main thing is that the person reaches the emergency service fast. VoiP is not reliable enough yet Skype gives a message that it can not be used for emergencies.

dutchstreetdog07-22-2010 01:51 AM

Aha THE trick is dissable the validation check thats Nice !

Current date/time is 2024-05-11, 3:59 am