The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

are image ads supported on mobile proxy?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

are image ads supported on mobile proxy? Empty are image ads supported on mobile proxy?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:52 am

dottel.net03-15-2011 11:43 AM

are image ads supported on mobile proxy?

hi - i've read various posts regarding viewing image ads on the mobile phone proxy.

Can somebody please confirm whether these do indeed work out of the box?
    We're experimenting with image ads but only see those on the desktop proxy version, when viewed in a mobile browser on both a blackberry and Nokia N97 the image ads don't show up....

nadya03-15-2011 04:28 PM

Dottel.net, you need to create a resized version of your banner ads and have them under a different display preference value to be able to show them on mobiles. Effectively, you create two different ad sizes for the smartphone and for the web, as per the whitepaper about adverts.

dottel.net03-15-2011 04:31 PM

ah - makes sense.

can you please point me to the whitepaper? hadn't realised it was updated and now I can't locate it anywhere obvious.

Aled03-15-2011 05:10 PM

have a look here - http://dev.telnic.org/docs/advertisements.pdf. Page 4 shows the different display preferences and dimensions.

dottel.net03-15-2011 06:37 PM

great - thanks.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-15-2011 08:37 PM

www.telmasters.tel has 2 mobile ads, one at top, one on bottom. They are visible on iPhone and HTC Android (in mobile view mode). However, I have a Blackberry and cannot see them. Can anyone see them on BB?
    Mark

dottel.net03-16-2011 12:00 AM

see both the gaga tweet and telmasters test ad on my bb.... 

with the bb you have several options to disable images,etc. Can you see other images on other websites?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-16-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 13401)
    see both the gaga tweet and telmasters test ad on my bb.... 

with the bb you have several options to disable images,etc. Can you see other images on other websites?

[size]
    Can't see any options that control this. Isn't this the function of the mobile proxy Telnic? I have the latest BB Torch and only text ads are visible.
    Mark[/size]

dottel.net03-16-2011 08:20 AM

on my bb version under advanced options I can set show/hide images when showing a webpage.

you'll notice no images are shown (which includes the new mobile image ads) if such an option is set for all websites. try http://bbc.co.uk do you see images?

Aled03-16-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 13402)
    Can't see any options that control this. Isn't this the function of the mobile proxy Telnic? I have the latest BB Torch and only text ads are visible.
    Mark

[size]
    I also see your ads on an iPhone. Mark, the mobile proxy can't override any image settings that your phone/browser or provider may have.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-16-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 13404)
    I also see your ads on an iPhone. Mark, the mobile proxy can't override any image settings that your phone/browser or provider may have.

[size]
    It's the BB that cant see any images (logo or ads) on .tel. I see images and ads at bbc.co.uk - 3 images at top and 1 ad at the bottom.[/size]

Aled03-16-2011 02:45 PM

Are you not seeing the smartphone proxy, or is it that the images are not appearing?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-16-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 13411)
    Are you not seeing the smartphone proxy, or is it that the images are not appearing?

[size]
    I can't scan the device to give you an image, but on BB the screen contains no images whatsoever for any TEL. Starts with usually title, header and Sponsored Links then shows naptr records, and ends with Sponsored Links. I can see images from BBC etc, just not TEL.[/size]

Aled03-16-2011 03:00 PM

there's a screenshot of the smartphone template on http://ilovemytel.com/smartphones.html. Does the display look like that with the contact records in the grey blocks, just with no logo showing?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-16-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 13413)
    there's a screenshot of the smartphone template on http://ilovemytel.com/smartphones.html. Does the display look like that with the contact records in the grey blocks, just with no logo showing?

[size]
    Nothing like that. 
    All white background, no grey. No logo, no images.
    I'll try to get a picture of the phone with various sites later today.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-16-2011 05:06 PM

Screen shots emailed to community@

Aled03-18-2011 04:18 PM

Mark,

We've now identified that the proxy is not recognising the Torch as a smartphone. A fix will be released for this shortly. I will confirm on this thread when it is. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-18-2011 05:57 PM

excellent

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 2:12 pm