The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+11
Tely
TelFan
kprobe
Tel
Sunrise
Telminator
mikeseaton
fustachio.tel
telrific
hobo
Rambo
15 posters

Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows?

Poll

Who to blame?

[ 85 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_left57%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_right [57%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_left8%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 33 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_left22%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_left0%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_left0%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 19 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_left13%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 149
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Empty Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows?

Post by Rambo 2012-09-05, 11:33 pm

I guess this question isn't difficult to answer.
    hobo
    hobo

Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Empty Re: Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows?

Post by hobo 2012-09-06, 3:32 am

I would change the first option in poll to this : 'The management of Telnic, because their strategy is based on looking personal profit for them, good salary and nice sinecure for them - and not profit for Telnik or investors in Telnik'
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? Empty Re: Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows?

Post by Rambo 2012-09-06, 8:14 am

hobo wrote:their strategy is based on looking personal profit for them, good salary and nice sinecure for them - and not profit for Telnik or investors in Telnik'
    Well, I guess that behavior is included in the term miscalculation!
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-06, 9:33 am

TEL buyers, because they only complain and don't develop their domains

There's always a clown in every bunch voting against the obvious !

HELLO, YOU CAN'T DEVELOP A LIVE DIRECTORY UNTIL THERE ARE LIVE REGISTRANTS BASED ON MANAGEMENT ALONE !

Ha, Ha, Ha - Dead information stuffed into dead directories is not development, IT'S THE PROBLEM !

Voting for a LANDFILL OF GARBAGE doesn't solve ANYTHING, DUH.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-09-06, 9:59 am

The point of any business is to secure income to maintain the service and customers who depend on it and if you're an employee then I don't see why attempting to keep your job(income/salary) is a problem unless it's destroying it. I only see .tel being maintained and shifting in focus (market) on their behalf which is what I would expect to see when the original target market fails to visionate with their product, aka I don't see them actively attempting to destroy the service regardless of your point of view and experience on the matter.
    So in all respects being income focused especially for investors is not the issue as they have backed .tel and lost more money than those of us at the customer level but are still moving forward, investors(resellers) used to be the majority of .tel registrants thus I don't see why applying blame to a company as just for profit is anything other than hypocritical should anyone wish to do so who came in from that direction and seems to be ignorant the fact telnic re-invested to shift to a target market they believed to be more attainable rather than sinking in the mud further or abandoning us and selling off it's obligations completely, though I don't think telnames was made just for us but I do think some of our needs and complaints went into the final product that they hope would meet the needs of it's customers and potential customers.
    I also don't see why applying blame will solve anything, the fact seems to be that telnic and the investors missed the market by delivering the service too late or didn't hit the right marketing target thus telnames was born and thus it will continue to develop to maintain and expand in that market, as for the other half of telnic it appears to becoming what I would see as dead weight, that it's obligated to maintain and many of you have said that you've been afraid that telnic would fold into telnames but as it legally can't it's good for you and bad for them.
    Though at this point I would like to see telnic do that and get out of it's obligations to the dead weight half so that the service can move forward to meet our needs and stays profitable, but I don't see why this would have to mean everyone is forced to use the single contact card, telnames should be able to offer both solutions but primarily focus on marketing .tel as a simple solution for new start-ups while still allowing the sub domains for other templates for people interested in developing them further.
    I would like to see telnames join forces with kickstarter to reach out to those new brand savvy startups who might not have a website but still have incredible skill in the market they want to reach out too.
    But as it stands it's clear that re-seller registrars don't have the money or vision to develop their own proxy so I think it would suit telnic to compress all the technology into the telnames proxy but still allow 3rd party sellers to sell .tel domains but all going through telnames and make it all simpler to maintain.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-06, 10:40 am

fustachio.tel wrote:But as it stands it's clear that re-seller registrars don't have the money or vision to develop their own proxy so I think it would suit telnic to compress all the technology into the telnames proxy but still allow 3rd party sellers to sell .tel domains but all going through telnames and make it all simpler to maintain.
    I agree and have suggested in previous posts that such a move makes commercial sense for the future of Telnic/Telnames and the .tel project.

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    hobo
    hobo

Post by hobo 2012-09-07, 5:59 am

fustachio.tel wrote:I think it would suit telnic to compress all the technology into the telnames proxy but still allow 3rd party sellers to sell .tel domains but all going through telnames and make it all simpler to maintain.
    Reading such posts, I begin to think that in this forum live more than one or two paid posters of Telnames.
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-07, 6:42 am

hobo wrote:
    fustachio.tel wrote:I think it would suit telnic to compress all the technology into the telnames proxy but still allow 3rd party sellers to sell .tel domains but all going through telnames and make it all simpler to maintain.
    Reading such posts, I begin to think that in this forum live more than one or two paid posters of Telnames.

I have ZERO vested interest in Telnames myself.

"MisterX" represents 99% percent of those who "discover" .tel, and so since the only representation of a quality .tel listing page (A.) in a quality .tel global directory (B.) so far is a Telnames page, who wouldn't suggest it to those expecting what is advertised ? It's all there is of quality for what's been advertised since 2008, even if only (A.) !

http://www.teltalk.org/t428-is-tel-a-joke#1804
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post by Telminator 2012-09-07, 8:15 am

hobo wrote:
    Fustachio.tel surely isn't connected to Telnames, since he was banned from Telnic's forum for speaking out the truth!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-07, 9:08 am

Telminator wrote:
    hobo wrote:
    Fustachio.tel surely isn't connected to Telnames, since he was banned from Telnic's forum for speaking out the truth!
    Along with myself twice (for 2 weeks each time) !

Of course there are no such problems with TelTalk's forum - freedom of speech is both allowed and encouraged !

Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2012-09-07, 2:28 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Along with myself twice (for 2 weeks each time) !
    Everybody who raised voice against the inflexibility, stubbornness and slow work pace of Telnic was banned temporary or even irrevocable.
    As soon only criticism was left at Telnic's forum it was a consequent step to conceal it completely from the public.
    And this is a strong sign Telnic don't want to have any influence from registrants. They want to be left alone doing their own thing. Nobody knows what it is since not many things happen.
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Rambo 2012-09-08, 7:23 am

Sunrise wrote:And this is a strong sign Telnic don't want to have any influence from registrants.
    Unfortunately (and unbelievable in a way) this is true. Telnic has a broken and disturbing relationship to .tel buyers: .tel owners (of the old templates) don't develop or publish their domains (because no serious tools exist for this), so Telnic earns a lot of criticism. But Telnic doesn't want to change anything, so they try to stop all debates about them.
    But I have to admit also good things about their team:
    1.) The team at Telnic is always honest. They never play dirty, they never lie and they never give promises they are not willing to keep. (They just reschedule, reduce activity and keep quiet!)
    2.) The strategy of Telnic to provide a global directory failed until today, but Telnic still doesn't give up the hope this will happen one day.
    3.) Telnames is different than Telnic (even it's the same company): their registrants are real end users and almost all registered .tels at Telnames get developed right after registration. 95 % of Telnic's domains are empty, but 95 % of Telnames' domains show proper content!
    Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2012-09-08, 8:03 am

mikeseaton wrote:Along with myself twice (for 2 weeks each time) !

Of course there are no such problems with TelTalk's forum - freedom of speech is both allowed and encouraged !
    Half of the comments on this forum would have been censored by Telnic.
    Telnic have to ask themselves why people don't show enthusiasm about the current status of their product. It has a lot of capability for development. At least their customers have noticed this fact.
    As I noticed people don't complain about the product itself, but about the unwillingness to realize the full potential.
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2012-09-08, 8:32 am

The enthusiasm is there with some of us. I keep developing my domains as do others I know. This constant criticism is getting you nothing in return. Although diminished, at least the Telnic forum has some positive spirit from time to time. Develop your domains because that's the only positive awareness you will get. The negativity here sends a bad message to those who visit and that's not the publicity that .Tel needs. Nothing here helps the background efforts that are in play trying to push .tel into the forefront. Those that keep sending the same broken message over and over again are working against your own wishes. Be patient. Develop. Put in some content. Use this forum to showcase domains.
    Mark
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-08, 9:39 am

kprobe wrote:The enthusiasm is there with some of us. I keep developing my domains as do others I know. This constant criticism is getting you nothing in return. Although diminished, at least the Telnic forum has some positive spirit from time to time. Develop your domains because that's the only positive awareness you will get. The negativity here sends a bad message to those who visit and that's not the publicity that .Tel needs. Nothing here helps the background efforts that are in play trying to push .tel into the forefront. Those that keep sending the same broken message over and over again are working against your own wishes. Be patient. Develop. Put in some content. Use this forum to showcase domains.
    Mark

You're suggesting that the comments are negative.

Such as "pessimistic" versus "optimistic".

Sadly, the comments here are simply .... "REALISTIC".

If realistic comments can't be properly interpreted and used wisely, it's the fault of the reader and those in power, not the commenters.

Realistic feedback is shown by those like "MisterX" who aren't afraid to admit they've been taken by the propaganda. Thousands of others won't comment, but that doesn't change the reality of what .tel is, very sad at best.

We've tried positive comments that have been scoffed and trampled, you of all people know this best. If you're making progress, great, but until the world sees a sincere focus on what Telnic advertised for many years, you will get REALISTIC comments, which as Justin Hayward personally replied to as such:

"We may not always like what we hear, but we're glad to hear it."

... and that still doesn't change the negative status they've earned worldwide.

Try to see the reality IN the comments, not the perception OF the comments.

"You can put lipstick on a pig, and it's still a pig."

That's a realistic cliche, not a negative one.

Pigs are good for many things, but it's still a pig in a world of thoroughbreds.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-08, 9:54 am

telrific wrote:Realistic feedback is shown by those like "MisterX" who aren't afraid to admit they've been taken by the propaganda. Thousands of others won't comment, but that doesn't change the reality of what .tel is, very sad at best.

We've tried positive comments that have been scoffed and trampled, you of all people know this best. If you're making progress, great, but until the world sees a sincere focus on what Telnic advertised for many years, you will get REALISTIC comments....
    @telrific

I agree - you can't bury your head in the sand forever - I tried it for a while but no more !

Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telminator 2012-09-08, 11:10 am

kprobe wrote:The enthusiasm is there with some of us. I keep developing my domains as do others I know. This constant criticism is getting you nothing in return. Although diminished, at least the Telnic forum has some positive spirit from time to time. Develop your domains because that's the only positive awareness you will get. The negativity here sends a bad message to those who visit and that's not the publicity that .Tel needs. Nothing here helps the background efforts that are in play trying to push .tel into the forefront. Those that keep sending the same broken message over and over again are working against your own wishes. Be patient. Develop. Put in some content. Use this forum to showcase domains.
    Mark
    Mark,
    You address a very important topic:
    In fact if everybody is complaining about .tel and Telnic, it will give people who don’t know this project yet a bad impression about this domain extension.
    You are also right all complains don’t bring any benefit, because Telnic has proven they don’t improve their effort, behavior and planning against all common sense.

People who own .tel domains have two possibilities:
    They accept that they can’t change anything and try to live with the situation that .tel was never developed or enhanced. So everybody can build some limited websites with .tel which are not able to compete with all other domain extensions
    OR
    they try to make their point even clearer by repeating the urgent needed measures which Telnic consequently ignores for years.

Instead of listening to their customers Telnic tore down the bridges behind them and invented something new with Telnames without any information or coordination to their loyal supporters.
    And you can see the success of it: within almost a half year Telnames sold about 1.500 domains! Will these 1.500 domains rescue the domain extension .tel?

Why the rest of the .tel owners have no access to the design from Telnames yet?
    Why every small design improvement takes years to be realized?
    Why Telnic provided the internet addresses for Telfriends and Telpages, but nobody can find anything valuable there?
    Why Telnic doesn’t speak to us anymore?
    Why no marketing is present?
    All that is not acceptable!!!!!

Low registration numbers for .tel are one thing, but total inactivity by the registry was never foreseeable in the year 2009.
    If we would have known this situation 4 years ago, nobody would have ever bought a .tel domain!

It’s a very difficult situation for people who are still hoping for improvement. They have only bad choices:
    Destroying the image of .tel by pointing out the weaknesses which need to be eliminated
    OR
    accepting the current failure and keep quiet (and hoping for Telnic will wake up after bumping the head against the wall many more times).
    What reaction is better?

Mark, I really feel with you – and I can understand that all this negative talking hurts everybody who ever invested money into .tel!
    But what we can talk about if not about the reality?
    And I really want to follow your suggestion and I would love to develop my own .tels, but I’m deeply sorry about I’m not able to do it, because Telnic doesn’t provide me the ability for that!
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-08, 11:15 am

I see some clown figured out how to get around the 1 vote process ! funny stuff !

Oh Yeah, Yelp is quaking in their boots because of TelPages !

They waltz into the UK years after .tel and TelPages launch and kick their butt easily.

You don't have to read anything in this forum or any other, or hear positive or negative discussions of .tel and TelPages to see what a joke it is today !

Ha Ha Ha .... no good point to saying this is damaging.

Funny how you can shut down all forums and they still laugh LOUDLY, because Telnic has damaged themselves to a faint heartbeat ALL BY THEMSELVES.

That's the REALITY for years now, and hoping and asking for more hasn't worked, so trying to blame people just chatting about reality must be YOUR tonic !
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telminator 2012-09-08, 11:22 am

Telrific,
    I know what you mean. Yesterday poll options 3 and 7 had no votes and now they are leading.
    But at least it shows somebody still tries to defend Telnic. That's not really a bad sign!
    Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2012-09-08, 11:32 am

Telminator wrote:Why Telnic doesn’t speak to us anymore?
    I'm convinced the feedback for Telnic wouldn't be so bad if they would still say something, but it's impossible to get a reaction!
    Telnic, please find your voice again and everything can get only better!
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-08, 11:45 am

Telminator wrote:... at least it shows somebody still tries to defend Telnic. That's not really a bad sign!

Not a bad sign at all ! I do it every day !

I own them, standard and Telnames, I use them, I have switched all my email addresses to @---.tel, I promote the purchase of them FOR WHAT IS REAL.

The point is simple, we are discussing .tel in this forum, the good and the bad.

Reality is reality, when we all face reality, we all win in reality.

Garbage is garbage, gold is gold.

When we stop trying to turn garbage into gold and gold into garbage we all win in the end.

There are those pushing garbage as gold, it is not.

There are those pushing gold as garbage, it is not.

Reality wins, and the sooner we face that with .tel and TelPages we at least have a REAL chance.

( And it will never be because we stuff domains with garbage or claim that we have real directory companies scared - what a CLOWN ! )

There are those who are heavily invested in garbage, that's how they act when they perceive an enemy instead of realizing a friend.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-08, 12:07 pm

Tel wrote:
    I'm convinced the feedback for Telnic wouldn't be so bad if they would still say something, but it's impossible to get a reaction!
    Is this the ultimate internet irony ?

A company that was set up to change the way the world communicates refuses to communicate with its customers !

As they say, "You couldn't make it up !"

Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telminator 2012-09-08, 12:14 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Is this the ultimate internet irony ?

A company that was set up to change the way the world communicates refuses to communicate with its customers !

As they say, "You couldn't make it up !"

You're so right!

Okay, I'm reflecting on my own impatience. It becomes obvious to me that complaining leads to nothing.
    I'll wait until the management of Telnic gets replaced by some people who are willing to work hard and improve their product.
    I rather speak to them and stay calm until then.
    TelFan
    TelFan

Post by TelFan 2012-09-08, 1:38 pm

kprobe wrote:Although diminished, at least the Telnic forum has some positive spirit from time to time.
    Would you give us some examples for positive comments? I would be happy to read about it.
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2012-09-08, 4:33 pm

Tel wrote:

Dunno. Best bet would be to itemize suggestions at the Telnic forum, not here.
    Mark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 5:01 am