The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+11
Tely
TelFan
kprobe
Tel
Sunrise
Telminator
mikeseaton
fustachio.tel
telrific
hobo
Rambo
15 posters

Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows?

Poll

Who to blame?

[ 85 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_left57%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_right [57%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_left8%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 33 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_left22%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_left0%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_left0%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 19 ]
    Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_left13%Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 149
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows?

Post by Rambo 2012-09-08, 5:49 pm

The problem at Telnic's forum is no public discussion is possible. In addition only positive feedback is allowed, otherwise it will be censored (very often with the consequence that the member gets banned). And suggestions get reactions neither here nor at Telnic (not to mention the realization of suggestions)!

Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows?

Post by Telminator 2012-09-08, 6:06 pm

kprobe wrote:Dunno. Best bet would be to itemize suggestions at the Telnic forum, not here.
    Mark
    The question is what should be the target of this discussion:
    If we just want to follow up on the news delivered by Telnic, then it would be enough to read the restricted, censored and hidden conversation at Telnic. Unfortunately Telnic doesn't produce much news.
    But if we want to keep the hope that Telnic will improve their actions and their product, an open and public discussion would be necessary. Doubtlessly this is currently not possible at Telnic.
    Tely
    Tely

Post by Tely 2012-09-08, 7:12 pm

I doubt this forum was invented to criticize Telnic and ruin the public opinion for .tel domains. But Teltalk went live in the time of crisis.
    If better times for .tel would come (especially with an advanced product), the public opinion about it would heal, too.
    But what else we can expect in the current situation which let frustrated domain investors behind who collected a lot of anger during the last years?
    Of course it is understandable they speak out their mind about the mistakes of the past!
    On the other hand it isn’t understandable why there is no reaction from Telnic and no explanation what the plan is or what the reasons are for the refusal of the obvious activities everybody asking for.
    Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex 2012-09-08, 8:54 pm

Looking at the votes for the poll above which exploded this weekend makes me think it was wrong to allow guests to vote. It is very obvious some have voted more than once. *

For those people who are wondering if the comments on this forum reach Telnic I want to let you know that by far the most page views for TelTalk.org happen in London.

The United Kingdom has even twice as many page views as the USA.

Telnic have decided to make a break in response to declining registration numbers, but I’m convinced they still care!

* = To avoid speculations: Clearly the poll manipulation didn't happen by Telnic, because it isn't in their favor (and Telnic always used to play fair).
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2012-09-08, 9:16 pm

My suggestion would be to itemize in detail the technical issues that people find lacking in .Tel. I see on the left there is a poll. Perhaps
    that is the starting point. The various facilities where concrete discussion can be targeted include:

CTH, Templates (mobile and desktop), TelPages, TelFriends, Registrar support, (anything else?).

Areas like marketing, domain investing, lack of news/roadmap I would omit for now. Concentrate on what you'd like to see changed technically, but
    always provide details. I find in the past that the more details you provide especially including benefits of a feature will get more
    action. We've done this in the past, and if some recall, the result was AdSense support and images. These were community suggestions. We can
    probably do it again if the tone is positive and there is structure in the discussions.

Alex, can I suggest you start a thread for
    technical suggestions
    and we stay strictly on topic (ie you moderate to
    keep the focus)? I have to assume that a focused discussion will get Telnic's attention and separate the wheat from the chaff.

Mark
    ntervu
    ntervu
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by ntervu 2012-09-08, 9:51 pm

All..

A magnitude of energy in this thread.

---IMHO---

I agree that a functional approach is necessary for community members (guest, investors, enthusiasts, or developers) to gain value from the experiences of others. Alex has done a fantastic job of bringing many together. After 5 months of "Bashing & Dreaming" -- The challenge now is to determine "Where WE go from Here" and collectively Evolve to support forward progression.

I also agree that "A new structure of input adds VALUE." Continuous feeds of anguish and mis-perception only provide a dramatic distraction or perceived weakness for the person posting a negative correspondence.

What is the "Forward" approach of progression. The forum should be a medium of relationship building not relations discouragement.

Misery does enjoy company.

Telnic is not to blame for any personal or business related failures. As business people we have responsibility to execute, manage, control and grow. Telnic provides the tool, we use the tool to make our businesses work.

telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-08, 10:15 pm

ntervu wrote: ... Telnic is not to blame for any personal or business related failures. As business people we have responsibility to execute, manage, control and grow. Telnic provides the tool, we use the tool to make our businesses work.

It's not about blame, it's about accountability.

Telnic is DIRECTLY responsible for making false statements that have DIRECTLY caused losses that would not have occurred had the statements they made been true when they were made, or in a timely and reasonable fashion thereafter. This is a simple fact anyone that has a legal clue can see and appreciate. Misery ?

Misery - a cause or source of distress.

Telnic is the misery, and we are here as their company because of our involvement with them.

If Telnic were successful and delivering on the promises as advertised, we would still be company, so Success loves company is a problem too I suppose ?

Twisted words and deflection are ridiculous.

We know exactly what has happened and who is responsible for what.

Suggesting that the world has failed to recognize Telnic's genius and that we can help the world recognize it is a disasterous statement at best.

When Telnic pulls it's collective head out, as they have proven they can do with Telnames, and follows that up with a valuable directory without GARBAGE, we can have all kinds of positive cliches.

In the meantime whatever company we are today is a result of Telnic's choices and our investment of time and money that is somewhat wasted until THEY provide a competitive value that is not the misery to the world that TELNIC chose.

In a timely and reasonable fashion as proven to date and we will all be dead of old age.

Death loves company too ? Is that a good one we should appreciate ?
    ntervu
    ntervu
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by ntervu 2012-09-08, 10:28 pm

Accountability...

Is the responsibility of the person(s) that sign up for the effort. As business owners we are each responsible for our teams and accountable for our shortcomings.

We each made investments in Telnic. Hell, some of us are and have been invested in many domain ventures for years.

To blame Telnic and hold them accountable is not fair.

As business people, we need to have plans and strategies. If the plan or strategy is not working... Then the accountability resides on the shoulders of the CEO that made the investment and led his team down a path. If the desired outcome is not reached then as leaders we must make a choice.

Negative reflection on another CEO's vision and that CEO's teams work is NOT the disposition of a strong leader with a proven or forward thinking strategy.

We all chose to invest in Telnic by buying what they sell the same way a person invests in a hamburger to satisfy hunger. If the burger is not good to the person, throw it out and don't eat there again. That is the choice.

The burgers will continue to be served because the hunger of others WILL be satisfied.

If my efforts fall short, I am accountable NOT Telnic.

In the meantime, re-assessing Strategy is instrumental.

telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-09, 5:37 am

ntervu wrote:Accountability ... instrumental.

What you have decided to do is convey your choice to have a certain perspective and attitude towards the situation as it has transpired with .tel and TelPages.

accountable - the state of being liable or answerable.

telrific wrote:Telnic is DIRECTLY responsible for making false statements that have DIRECTLY caused losses that would not have occurred had the statements they made been true when they were made, or in a timely and reasonable fashion thereafter.

This is not my opinion or yours that is involved, and it is no game of attitude.

It is in fact a legal reality that can only be answerable to date as either gross incompetence or fraudulent action or both. A jury in a simple poll knows it all too well and has conveyed it clearly as the actions that began this thread.

incompetence - not possessing the necessary ability, skill, etc. to do or carry out a task.

fraudulent - unjustifiably claiming certain qualities.

Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Top2

Telnic has made fraudulent statements, if only through gross incompetence, and the world knows it all too well.

There is no legal action being taken by anyone that I know of, and the above is not some threat of action, it is the simple reality of the situation.

If you want to play games with attitude, or take it upon yourself concerning their projections, calculations, statements, and gross incompetence, that is your choice, don't try to tell me how it is in truth, "hell, I've been dealing with legal reality for years" is a statement that many involved can see clearly.

If we weren't "on Telnic's side and patiently waiting" you would see a genuine negative attitude.
    Spocky
    Spocky
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Spocky 2012-09-10, 4:15 am

telrific wrote:Whose fault is it that TEL lives in the shadows? - Page 2 Top2

Telnic has made fraudulent statements, if only through gross incompetence, and the world knows it all too well.
    I don't believe Telnic ever had bad intentions. Their people believed what they told us a few years ago. They just underestimated the effort which is necessary for delivering the scenario described in this screenshot. Certainly they know this better now. The central question is if this scenario is still achievable.
    Telnot
    Telnot
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnot 2012-10-20, 2:45 am

Okay, people! I admit the whole situation is my entire fault, because I haven't written my comments here earlier!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 9:22 am