The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Video in the CTH

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Video in the CTH Empty Video in the CTH

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 8:19 am

supercyberheroes09-02-2014 03:50 PM

Video in the CTH

Does anyone notice that now we can add videos using the CTH and not 3 parties in .tel pro. or is telnic testing the new feature.

I always update movie.tel on Monday or Tuesday I will add videos tonight using the CTH

http://movie.tel

See here:

Click the add button to link to a video that will play in your .tel
    Keywords.

I just added video using CTH and it was instant display, check here in my soon project, I will delete the video later, guys the girl in the video is my little girl in my home.
    here you go: www.ieye.tel

Aled09-02-2014 04:48 PM

supercyberheroes, you beat me to it!

We have today added video functionality to the .tel control panel (CTH). This will automatically appear when you log in (If not, please try refreshing the page) and is located between the “Contact Information” and “Keywords” sections.

You can show a video that is hosted on YouTube, Vimeo or Daily Motion. To do so:

- Click Add in the Video section
    - Select the Source of the video from the dropdown (YouTube, Vimeo or Daily Motion)
    - Add the link to the video hosting service. For example, with YouTube click the “Share” button just below the video to see the link that needs to be added

I have held back on making this announcement as registrars do need to activate the functionality. The Video section will still appear even if it isn't activated, but you would get an error if you tried to save. I believe the majority are now activated but if anyone has an issue please let us know and we can follow up with the registrar. 

Any other questions , please let me know

boracay.tel09-02-2014 04:50 PM

its a step in the right direction.
    image location referencing/handling has been the most requested need.
    thanks

supercyberheroes09-02-2014 05:26 PM

[QUOTE=Aled;28070]supercyberheroes, you beat me to it!

We have today added video functionality to the .tel control panel (CTH). This will automatically appear when you log in (If not, please try refreshing the page) and is located between the “Contact Information” and “Keywords” sections.

You can show a video that is hosted on YouTube, Vimeo or Daily Motion. To do so:

- Click Add in the Video section
    - Select the Source of the video from the dropdown (YouTube, Vimeo or Daily Motion)
    - Add the link to the video hosting service. For example, with YouTube click the “Share” button just below the video to see the link that needs to be added

I have held back on making this announcement as registrars do need to activate the functionality. The Video section will still appear even if it isn't activated, but you would get an error if you tried to save. I believe the majority are now activated but if anyone has an issue please let us know and we can follow up with the registrar. 

Any other questions , please let me know[/QUO

I suppond is 1 video for page, am i right?

Thanks telnic

tony mayo09-02-2014 06:22 PM

A very welcome addition to CTH functionality. 
    Appreciate Telnic's work.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-02-2014 07:25 PM

Great to see. Thanks for all the recent efforts.
    Mark

supercyberheroes09-03-2014 12:49 AM

@ Aled.
    the feature video at DM is not working if I add video it will display to all folders and subfolders, if I delete it and add new link it will display to all folders and subfolders again, and not allow me to add new video in another folder, because the last link will display to all folders and subfolders again, but you can watch the video in the CTH, but it does not display video at all in the site. ej: http://as-above-so-below.36.2014.movie.tel/ you see the video is save in the CTH but no display in the page

Please let me know.
    Regards

Aled09-03-2014 07:14 AM

supercyberheroes - regarding your first question, yes, it is one video per folder.

I'm not sure I completely follow your issue with DM. Could you please mail me at awilliams@telnic.org, including some screenshots of your control panel?

Thanks

tindaya09-03-2014 07:47 AM

yes, doesn´t work properly.
    The video that is online in a subfolder, doesn´t appert in the CTH. In the CTH always appears the video that is in the principal page.

I have put the video with the CTH in http://xcurrency.innovadoras.criptomonedas.tel/ but the video has been publicated in the main:http://criptomonedas.tel/

Aled09-03-2014 09:23 AM

Thanks for clarifying, tindaya. We'll take a look at that now.

ntervu09-03-2014 05:31 PM

All...

Just attempted to update a video on a subdomain and all pages now show that video. Not sure it this is how this is supposed to work. Don't think so. Domains are hosted at Name.com.

This apparently restricts us to One video per .Tel domain at least that is how it appears in the CTH. When looking at the page, only the Top level displays the video no matter which subdomain is selected.

Thanks

Dan Prather
    www.danprather.tel

Aled09-03-2014 05:54 PM

Dan,

That isn't how it should work. You should be able to add a different video at every subfolder. We are looking at the issue at the moment.

Thanks,
    Aled

ntervu09-03-2014 06:59 PM

Thanks Aled.

supercyberheroes09-03-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 28096)
    Dan,

That isn't how it should work. You should be able to add a different video at every subfolder. We are looking at the issue at the moment.

Thanks,
    Aled

[size]
    That is exactly the problem that I was talking about, not possible to add video in each subfolders.
    Sorry I did not replay before, busy at work all day.

Regards[/size]

ntervu09-04-2014 10:11 AM

Working on the Tel site that had the issue yesterday and it appears to be working now. Will verify with another site in a couple of hours.

Thanks

Dan Prather
    www.danprather.tel

Aled09-04-2014 10:19 AM

Yes, that's right, we have just released an update which we believe has resolved the issues you were seeing yesterday. 

Please let me know if you see anything further.

Thanks,
    Aled

tindaya09-04-2014 01:08 PM

OK, perfect.
    I have put a video in a subfolder, and that video are only in that subfolder:
    http://swarm.bitcoin-2-0.criptomonedas.tel/

supercyberheroes09-04-2014 02:07 PM

@ Aled still not ok, the last video saved in a subfolder will display in the front page as well, it means last video saved delete front page video and we will have 2 videos the same.
    please check front page video here: http://movie.tel 
    and now check my last video saved here: http://the-november-man.36.2014.movie.tel

Look forwards to hearing from you

Aled09-04-2014 02:51 PM

suoercyberheroes, that's very strange. We can't replicate here and I see that it also didn't happen to tindaya who has a different video on the homepage to the folder listed.

Can you please try the following and let me know how you get on:

1 - log out of the CTH
    2 - Clear the cache on your browser and restart the browser
    3 - Log back into the CTH
    4 - delete the video on the home page and the folder - make sure that they are gone from the CTH
    5 - try adding the videos back

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,
    Aled

Blunderer09-04-2014 03:35 PM

Aled,

Any chance of adding provision for a link to a sub folder/.tel/Telname or, at least, a text description of the video - so that people know where to find out more the if contact details relating to the video are in a sub folder/.tel/Telname?
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Video in the CTH Empty Re: Video in the CTH

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 8:19 am

Aled09-04-2014 03:48 PM

So I understand fully, do you mean having a section within the "video" area, above or below the video? Would the rest of the page not relate to the same content as the video?

Blunderer09-04-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 28110)
    So I understand fully, do you mean having a section within the "video" area, above or below the video? Would the rest of the page not relate to the same content as the video?

[size]
    Maybe immediately below the video but above the Map link. 

The video content may not relate to the rest of the page but may relate to the content of sub folders, other .tels (for sign-up, Ts&Cs, etc. or, to Telnames which, being only records (in the context of .tel sites - which is what we are talking about) are not searchable if the search box is set to "search this .tel only".

See http://crediton.tel for an example.[/size]

Aled09-04-2014 04:57 PM

I see, I'll pass on the suggestion. You may also want to make better use of the title of the video in YouTube as this appears above it on the .tel as I'm sure you've noticed.

Blunderer09-04-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 28112)
    I see, I'll pass on the suggestion. You may also want to make better use of the title of the video in YouTube as this appears above it on the .tel as I'm sure you've noticed.

[size]
    I take your point but it's the customers video, and used for a number of purposes - their own website, YouTube in general, etc.. I think that in limiting the hosting source to just three locations (YouTube/Vimeo/Daily Motion) most videos that find their way to Telnic sites will be similarly multi-purpose, and will not refer to a specific .tel/Telnames location, just the name of the business - unless the customer pays the creator for a version with a Telnic domain specific title.

I hope Telnic can do something about this quickly because, as you can see, this particular video link is 90 records below the link to the builders merchants sub folder - a long way to scroll up, and a common problem for anyone using the 100 records per page to anywhere near their potential (I note that the video link itself uses one of those 100).

Is there any likelihood of a top web banner through the CTH?[/size]

Blunderer09-04-2014 06:17 PM

Aled,

"Is there any likelihood of a top web banner through the CTH?" I should have added "so that I can drive traffic to my Telnames VAR site"

supercyberheroes09-04-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 28108)
    suoercyberheroes, that's very strange. We can't replicate here and I see that it also didn't happen to tindaya who has a different video on the homepage to the folder listed.

Can you please try the following and let me know how you get on:

1 - log out of the CTH
    2 - Clear the cache on your browser and restart the browser
    3 - Log back into the CTH
    4 - delete the video on the home page and the folder - make sure that they are gone from the CTH
    5 - try adding the videos back

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,
    Aled

[size]
    I did so, it looks ok now, but I will do the last test next week when add more videos, then will see, hope wo'nt more problem.

Thank you.
    regards[/size]

Aled09-05-2014 07:31 AM

I'm glad that it now seems ok, supercyberheroes. Let me know when you have a chance to look at it further.

Blunderer - Yes the video is included as one of the 100 records in a .tel folder. There are no plans currently for labels on videos but I have passed on your suggestion.

boracay.tel09-05-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 28114)
    Aled,

"Is there any likelihood of a top web banner through the CTH?" I should have added "so that I can drive traffic to my Telnames VAR site"

[size]
    Yes, a simple implementation to reference just 1 imageAd 
    (same as you have implemented for 1 video)

it would be an immediate benefit
    (more images could follow down the track)[/size]

Blunderer01-07-2015 09:36 AM

Happy New Year Aled.

Before this thread vanishes forever, has any further consideration been given to #20-#24 and #25 above?

Aled01-07-2015 12:24 PM

Happy New Year to you also, Roy.

I'm afraid there are still no immediate plans for a title to the video section.

Blunderer01-07-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 28321)
    Happy New Year to you also, Roy.

I'm afraid there are still no immediate plans for a title to the video section.

[size]
    OK, thank you, and #25?[/size]

Aled01-07-2015 03:11 PM

So with "Top web banner" through the CTH do you mean the Telnames reseller version of the CTH?

Blunderer01-07-2015 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 28323)
    So with "Top web banner" through the CTH do you mean the Telnames reseller version of the CTH?

[size]
    No, the .tel CTH, so that I can direct people to my VAR account, or associated website.[/size]

Aled01-07-2015 04:38 PM

How would the system know which CTH accounts to put the banner on? I assume they have different logins?

Blunderer01-07-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 28325)
    How would the system know which CTH accounts to put the banner on? I assume they have different logins?

[size]
    I mean the provision within the CTH for adding web banners. I would probably choose to direct them to my VAR account via my .com site - there being no way to interpose a seamless registration facility, including available name search and payment portal, using a .tel site, other than by a less than conspicuous record link, or third party tools. I would anticipate using the facility on the main and intermediate search pages of .tel local directories but not on customer info pages.

Others might choose to use the banner for other purposes.

Either way, the ability to manage such an enhancement through the CTH would create opportunities to move the TLD along.[/size]

Blunderer01-07-2015 05:15 PM

#35 tie in with #19 at http://www.teltalk.org/t4268-how-do-i-add-a-picture-to-background-of-my-tel
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-08, 11:30 am

Aled01-08-2015 09:15 AM

I'm sorry, I'd misunderstood, thinking you wanted to ad a banner to the CTH itself.

There are no immediate plans for this, but I shall once more pass on the request for Ads in general to be managed through the CTH.

Blunderer01-08-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 28329)
    I'm sorry, I'd misunderstood, thinking you wanted to ad a banner to the CTH itself.

There are no immediate plans for this, but I shall once more pass on the request for Ads in general to be managed through the CTH.

[size]
    Thank you, Aled.[/size]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 9:40 am