The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+4
GoTel
ixida
aliencafe
MWX
8 posters

Rick Latona interview with Telnic CEO Kash

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Rick Latona interview with Telnic CEO Kash Empty Rick Latona interview with Telnic CEO Kash

Post by mikeseaton 2015-01-26, 9:38 am

I came across this interview recently which makes interesting reading - http://www.ricklatona.com/2009/02/23/interview-with-kashayar-mahdavi-ceo-of-telnic-limited-the-people-behind-tel - don't forget to read the 39 comments at the end of the article.

It was all so full of hope back then (February 2009) - where did it all go so wrong ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

PS. I could answer my own question above - but will leave it to others to do so.
    MWX
    MWX

Rick Latona interview with Telnic CEO Kash Empty Re: Rick Latona interview with Telnic CEO Kash

Post by MWX 2015-01-26, 10:02 am

I guess 6 years later it's impossible to get an interview with Khashayar Mahdavi.
    aliencafe
    aliencafe

Rick Latona interview with Telnic CEO Kash Empty Mike you are still flogging it

Post by aliencafe 2015-01-27, 1:24 am

Mike, agreed on many of your points. But you really are still flogging the proverbial dead horse? Dude it's 6 years in and you have posted once a week. It's dead dude- why continue flogging?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Rick Latona interview with Telnic CEO Kash Empty Re: Rick Latona interview with Telnic CEO Kash

Post by mikeseaton 2015-01-27, 7:52 am

@aliencafe - I agree it does seem like flogging a dead horse at times - I've said so myself if you look at a previous post on this forum.

BUT you need to understand I still believe the idea of a SINGLE POINT OF ACCESS TO ALL YOUR IDENTITIES IS A VALID AND POTENTIALLY GLOBAL CONCEPT and keeping the TelTalk forum active is essential to keep this prospect alive !

So we all know Telnic/Telnames have made an absolute ****up of the implementation of the idea and it needs a WELL-FUNDED DYNAMIC 24/7 STYLE ORGANISATION to take over a.s.a.p.

When/If that happens (and Telnic/Telnames is rapidly running out of Money, Staff and New Customers) they will have my full support in their endeavours to resurrect this almighty mess that the .tel project has got into under the current stewardship.

I trust they will also have your support and that of other TelTalk members - I just hope Kash realises that the game is up before it's too late for anyone else to step in and save the .tel project from it's current rapid slide into oblivion !

ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2015-01-27, 12:07 pm

mikeseaton wrote:I just hope Kash realises that the game is up before it's too late for anyone else to step in and save the .tel project from it's current rapid slide into oblivion !

We can only guess what's going on inside of his head: http://www.teltalk.org/t4303-what-is-telnic-s-plan
    GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2015-01-27, 4:23 pm

mikeseaton wrote:
    It was all so full of hope back then (February 2009) - where did it all go so wrong ?

K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid) was non-existent.  EXTREMELY popular at launch based on 2 simple principles they failed to focus on:

Rick Latona interview with Telnic CEO Kash What_t12
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2015-01-27, 7:13 pm

@GoTel - got to agree totally with you on this !

.Tel should be a simple Telnames style 1-page comms hub with automatic entry into a structured country based global directory.

One further point - to achieve market penetration registrars need to be used to sell .tel - but the hassle of running the CTH makes this potentially unattractive, using as it does both machine resources and staff time - unlike selling the New GTLDs which require no extra work at all by registrars.

As I have suggested before it would be far better to have the CTH operation handled centrally by the organisation that is running .tel.

TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2015-01-28, 12:46 am

mikeseaton wrote:@GoTel - got to agree totally with you on this !

.Tel should be a simple Telnames style 1-page comms hub with automatic entry into a structured country based global directory.

One further point - to achieve market penetration registrars need to be used to sell .tel - but the hassle of running the CTH makes this potentially unattractive, using as it does both machine resources and staff time - unlike selling the New GTLDs which require no extra work at all by registrars.

As I have suggested before it would be far better to have the CTH operation handled centrally by the organisation that is running .tel.

Isn't this function already in the Contact Us page of most websites? 

Surely the answer is to open up the CTH to full website development therefore?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2015-01-28, 4:20 am

You already have Telnames for that purpose - so the requirements of both of you are already fulfilled by Telnic. And so there is no obstacles now to develop all your TELs according to your needs.

As for other Telnic customers, who has different requirements and different vision of TEL, it would be better if they will decide what is better for them, not so?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2015-01-28, 8:43 am

maxi wrote:

You already have Telnames for that purpose - so the requirements of both of you are already fulfilled by Telnic.

@maxi - NO the requirements are NOT already fulfilled by Telnic - you are confusing technical existence with everything else that goes to make internet success.

Here are just some of the things that are NOT fulfilled by Telnic even though the Telnames template exists.

1. Selling through Registrars - every successful domain extension does this - but Registrars are NOT allowed to sell the Telnames 1-page template version of .tel.

2. Encouragement of an "ecosystem" - look at Apple and Microsoft as successful examples of this - Telnic seems to do everything it can to DISCOURAGE the involvement of domainers and developers in the .tel extension.

3. An EASY way to access the .tel data held in the DNS. Read the technical specs and it makes your head spin - IMO what's needed is a SIMPLE one-line parameter driven URL that presents the DNS data in XML format ie. as used in RSS Feeds.

4. A structured country based GLOBAL DIRECTORY that is automatically updated every time a .tel is updated - despite Telnic's assurances such a directory DOES NOT EXIST.

5. MONEY to keep going - my estimate is that very little of the original $35,000,000 shareholder investment is now left.

6. STAFF - they are leaving at a rate of knots - in particular the departure of Henri Asseily (CTO, Strategist, Mobile Apps Developer) and Aled Williams (Customer Support boss) is a major blow for Telnic/Telnames.

7. ATTITUDE - when trying to change how the world communicates (Phase 2 of .tel is all about Phone/Email/Skype by Name using the data in the DNS) you can't treat it as a 9-5 job - it's a 24/7 operation !

This list is just what immediately comes to mind - I'm sure there are many other things that Telnic are NOT DOING - and DO NOT INTEND TO DO - which will speed them on their way to internet oblivion.

THAT'S WHY WE NEED A CHANGING OF THE GUARD NOW !

Spocky
    Spocky
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Spocky 2015-01-29, 1:14 am

The current leader doesn't think about how to make .tel big.

If Telnic survives a few months longer, he can earn his salary a little bit longer. And then he has enough money to retire.

That's why he doesn't care!
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2015-01-29, 6:48 am

Spocky wrote:If Telnic survives a few months longer, he can earn his salary a little bit longer.
    That he used company's money for his own benefits, that is not something striking for me. He found fools who do not carry about their money and exploited them.

But the striking thing for me is how these people who invested $35 000 000 of their own money to that project, afterwards stopped completely interesting about the destiny of those their money and allowed to waste them out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 12:45 am