The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+15
maxi
Tely
marimax
Truckdottel
Tel
Toptel
Sunrise
mikeseaton
kprobe
TelKing
Telminator
Rambo
telrific
ntervu
Alex
19 posters

REQUEST FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS: Please tell us your suggestions to improve .tel!

kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

REQUEST FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS: Please tell us your suggestions to improve .tel! - Page 3 Empty Re: REQUEST FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS: Please tell us your suggestions to improve .tel!

Post by kprobe 2012-09-10, 11:48 am

@Mike, the purpose here is to gather and discuss the myriad ideas, instead of providing segments to Telnic ad hoc. I'd rather distill the voice of the community into something organized and focused, including of course the benefits, and only then perhaps provide a requirements documentation in a more formal manner as a whole. It's only been a couple of days into this and still waiting for more additions to discuss. For instance, the poll on the left, if the someone wants to provide a bit more detail along with benefits, then we as a community can discuss them here first. When there is a consensus on a particular feature or an approach, then we can include these suggestions to Telnic. Right now, I'm afraid there is little detail to provide. That's why I asked for this single thread to channel enhancements in a positive, respectful manner, as is the case.
    Mark
    Truckdottel
    Truckdottel

REQUEST FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS: Please tell us your suggestions to improve .tel! - Page 3 Empty SOCIAL BUTTONS

Post by Truckdottel 2012-09-11, 1:25 pm

I didn't know about this topic by Mark but in the same time I had sent a mail to Telnic to ask them if it could be possible to add a social button (Facebook) and tell them it could be a good idea to create an event about the Tel once the buttons are installed, by asking the Tel customers to share with their social network during the same week.
    I was surprised that the answer at Telnic was :
    " It's an interesting suggestion for the promotion of .tel domains. We would need
    to make any such change optional as many owners may not want such a button to
    be added to their .tel after they have purchased and populated their
    names.There are also other similar sharing buttons such as Twitter and Google
    Plus which could potentially be added.
    I shall pass your suggestion on to our product team for consideration as a
    possible future update."

So we shall see for these buttons but it could be a way to increase the fame, performance and value of Tel domains.

Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

REQUEST FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS: Please tell us your suggestions to improve .tel! - Page 3 Empty Re: REQUEST FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS: Please tell us your suggestions to improve .tel!

Post by Alex 2012-09-11, 1:36 pm

Welcome to the forum, Truckdottel!

It's always great to read such valuable suggestions from .tel domain users.

In my opinion the most powerful potential to increase the value of .tel is involving the unlimited creativity from .tel domain owners.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

REQUEST FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS: Please tell us your suggestions to improve .tel! - Page 3 Empty Business Category Dropdown List is essential

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-14, 10:00 am

mikeseaton wrote:For any form of global directory to be created from the raw data of .tels, it is essential that the Country name is entered on the .tel via a dropdown list and not just keyed-in as free text as it currently is.
    Another dropdown list that will be required if a global directory to be created is Business Category of the .tel domain.

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-14, 10:30 am

mikeseaton wrote:
    mikeseaton wrote:For any form of global directory to be created from the raw data of .tels, it is essential that the Country name is entered on the .tel via a dropdown list and not just keyed-in as free text as it currently is.
    Another dropdown list that will be required if a global directory to be created is Business Category of the .tel domain.

The problem with categorizing anything is that you've screwed anyone who has purchased a domain name that is categorical in nature.

They were purchased with the promise of primary TelPages sort order, so now the minute that Telnic chooses a word to list domains under, they have broken their promise to directory supporters.

For example: unitedkingdom.tel or taxis.tel or restaurants.tel or londontaxis.tel, etc. were all purchased, and there are thousands, for the purpose of having categories in TelPages.

As soon as Telnic selects a word, thousands are screwed from what was promised as the #3 reason to "get in" since the launch.

(If it were a Telnames only directory of course, this is completely feasible !)
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-14, 10:44 am

I really don't think TelPages will ever be developed into what most people think of as a global directory i.e. a YP style with results broken down into countries and then business categories.

If I had the time (I don't) I could develop this myself, but I would never consider such a task without being able to know for certain which country and business category each .tel belonged to.

I don't believe any other software developer would either, so without these 2 key components being defined by dropdown lists (rather than free text) this global directory is likely to remain just a pipedream !

telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-14, 10:52 am

mikeseaton wrote:I really don't think TelPages will ever be developed into what most people think of as a global directory i.e. a YP style with results broken down into countries and then business categories.

If I had the time (I don't) I could develop this myself, but I would never consider such a task without being able to know for certain which country and business category each .tel belonged to.

I don't believe any other software developer would either, so without these 2 key components being defined by dropdown lists (rather than free text) this global directory is likely to remain just a pipedream !

I understand that !

It would definitely take Telnic investing in what they promised, and doing themselves to get support anyway.

That same old comparison just keeps coming up:

Google is, and Microsoft wants to compete, so it states it publicly, introduces Bing, and people go Wow !

Yellow Pages is, and Telnic wants to compete, so it states it publicly, introduces .tel and TelPages, and people go HA HA HA HA HA !

Telnames at least has the " Wow ! " factor as a Business/Individual profile, now we just need them to follow through with a (feasibile) Teldirectory of equal quality.

Everyone is still laughing at Telnic since the launch of course, but respect is not competely out of reach ...
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2012-09-14, 10:55 am

Although categorizing geo data to ISO standards is noble and is language-agnostic, it shouldn't present a search problem. However, I do agree that standards make sense and should be implemented in the future via CTH. Google is able to find information without standards. Google uses high-level intelligence to sort through differences like United States vs USA. Telpages, as it evolves, needs to handle aliases in the same manner so that location data is returned no matter what form is saved.
    Mark
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-14, 11:16 am

kprobe wrote:Although categorizing geo data to ISO standards is noble and is language-agnostic, it shouldn't present a search problem. However, I do agree that standards make sense and should be implemented in the future via CTH. Google is able to find information without standards. Google uses high-level intelligence to sort through differences like United States vs USA. Telpages, as it evolves, needs to handle aliases in the same manner so that location data is returned no matter what form is saved.
    Mark

Completely agree.

If you look at the ranking comparison I made in the other thread: http://www.teltalk.org/t466-telpages-the-purpose-of-tel#2053

It's easy to see that there is no shame in using an Industry standard that categorizes, along with a single page to "get the ball rolling" as it were.

TelPages problem has never been content, it's problem has been participation, which all started because it couldn't even match industry standards first.

.tel being compared to other tld's was Telnic's fault when it didn't clearly set itself apart as a one-page, directory oriented tld as it was intended to start.

Participation comes from "1-Up"-ing your competition, not introducing thousands of possibilities in a landfill only to die in shame compared to the perceived competition, websites.

Had they simply taken one step at a time in their industry, and advanced properly, participation would be much greater today and shame would not be predominant.

Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-09-14, 8:21 pm

marimax
    marimax

Post by marimax 2012-09-17, 2:46 pm

In my opinion, ability to add pictures. You can do it now using Mark's tools but it is very complicated. Gravatar was easy and it can be used if you have only a few pictures on your site.

Be careful with Gravatar. These jerks removed all my pictures from all my sites without notifying me. When I contacted them I was told that I had too many pictures stored so they removed all of them. They should have send me a warning so I would have a chance to copy my pictures and remove them myself, instead I lost everything It will take my weeks or months to do it again
    Tely
    Tely

Post by Tely 2012-09-18, 6:35 am

marimax wrote:In my opinion, ability to add pictures.
    Telnic promised this long time ago, but they sacrificed this plan in favor of the creation a new website (Telnames).
    marimax wrote:You can do it now using Mark's tools but it is very complicated.
    Use TelCP instead; it is easy.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-09-18, 7:06 am

kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2012-09-18, 9:23 am

Nothing easier than www.TelVision.co with your Telmasters open auth credentials
    Mark
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-09-18, 2:13 pm

kprobe wrote:Nothing easier than www.TelVision.co with your Telmasters open auth credentials
    Mark
    That service looks seriously. But I found only example made with that service colosseum.tel. Do you have another TEL examples with new templates, and with videos and with big pictures?
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2012-09-18, 2:31 pm

maxi wrote:
    kprobe wrote:Nothing easier than www.TelVision.co with your Telmasters open auth credentials
    Mark
    That service looks seriously. But I found only example made with that service colosseum.tel. Do you have another TEL examples with new templates, and with videos and with big pictures?

TelVision is a visual editor of .Tel domains, not a service for templates (although haven't got all the bugs out for the new template editing). Not sure what exactly you mean?
    Mark
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-09-18, 4:21 pm

kprobe wrote:
    maxi wrote:
    Mark

TelVision is a visual editor of .Tel domains, not a service for templates (although haven't got all the bugs out for the new template editing). Not sure what exactly you mean?
    Mark
    May I ask you, what do you mean saying "visual editor of .Tel domains"? I, for example, understand this that with that service (except of managing subfolders) it is possible to add pictures, videos, Ads and etc. to TELs.
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2012-09-18, 4:24 pm

maxi wrote:May I ask you, what do you mean saying "visual editor of .Tel domains"? I, for example, understand this that with that service (except of managing subfolders) it is possible to add pictures, videos, Ads and etc. to TELs.

Yes, that is what telvision is for, visually editing your domain and subdomains, inserting images and video, create subdomains, manage MX (email), general editing of everything you see. Just click on an object and edit it. It does most CTH functions except for deleting subdomains and reordering records.
    Mark
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-09-19, 12:12 am

kprobe wrote:
    maxi wrote:May I ask you, what do you mean saying "visual editor of .Tel domains"? I, for example, understand this that with that service (except of managing subfolders) it is possible to add pictures, videos, Ads and etc. to TELs.

Yes, that is what telvision is for, visually editing your domain and subdomains, inserting images and video, create subdomains, manage MX (email), general editing of everything you see. Just click on an object and edit it. It does most CTH functions except for deleting subdomains and reordering records.
    Mark
    Thanks for you reply!
    marimax
    marimax

Post by marimax 2012-09-19, 11:38 am

"You can do it now using Mark's tools but it is very complicated."

Perhaps I used a wrong words. Mark's tools are easy to use but the process of storing them and then resising them to fit .tel is very complicated, at least for me
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-09-22, 2:16 pm

TelWorld
    TelWorld

Post by TelWorld 2012-09-24, 2:30 am

On computers I can zoom in the Google Maps without leaving the .tel.
    I want to do the same on cell phones what is currently not possible (neither at Telnic nor Telnames).
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2012-11-16, 12:07 am

Rambo wrote:Okay, here some important, but missing features which have been repeated many times already:
    .tel domains
    - Background pictures for all .tel domain owners and for all templates
    - Big pictures for all templates - not only template 8
    - Ability to insert numerous pictures and at any position
    - Ability to insert text at any position of the domain and formatting it (minimum: bold letters and itemization / listings – cursive and underlined text would be nice, too)
    - Providing footer with links
    - Masked URL - to cover long hyperlinks
    - Buttons for social networks on all templates
    - Individual logo for contact types
    - Direct upload of pictures and videos
    - Direct management of ads - without using third party tools
    - Delivering “Free Calls” buttons
    - RSS feeder for content updates
    - Integration of contact forms - as seen on http://zouwei.tel
    Delivering the designed features for template 8:
    - Opening and closing sections
    - Possibility for aggregation of several contact types
    - Delivering modern icons
    - Inserting text in the main body of the domain
    Here requirements especially for the template from Telnames:
    - Increasing the picture size of the image gallery - currently visitors need a magnifier
    - Subdomains
    - Integration of Telfriends also for Telnames
    - Allowing more than 20 contact types
    - Flexibility for sorting the content so that not every .tel at Telnames looks exactly like every other .tel from Telnames
    Telpages
    - Reasonable sorting of search results - domain content before subdomains
    - Integration of standard features like on other search engines (previews / filters) and advanced search options (individuals / kind of business)
    - Advanced user interface to sort search results by distance to the current location of the visitor - with specification about the distance
    - Delivering valuable information from the found .tel domains in the search results of Telpages - instead of randomly and useless text phrases
    Telfriends
    - Reliable operation of friend request
    - Developing the website Telfriends.org to a respectable resource which is working and where people can find something
    Apps
    - Possibility for registration of .tel domains on cell phones

!

✔ Possibility for registration of .tel domains on cell phones

That's a great list to reference every once in a while. I have highlighted a few targets i would like to see, but particularly i would hope the mobile telnic template is updated significantly ASAP. There are obvious things missing from it, clicks are not consistent with the desktop, and the map does not open "in-line". It's this inconsistency that's most difficult to understand particularly as I remember reading a comment from Aled that specifically said the social sharing icons were not coming to the telnic mobile template. (Perhaps that's changed)

Post by 4444 2013-07-22, 1:12 pm

Templates for:

- Blog
    - Curriculum vitae (CV)
    - Product catalog
    - Company profile
    - Picture gallery
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2013-07-22, 2:01 pm

Big pictures for all templates - not only template 8
    That's available in all templates.
    Mark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-26, 11:33 pm