The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+15
Moonlight
Toady Bucks
maxi
TelBlogger
Expert
di7
as
let
Ann Mike Matthews
whatthetel
silvano
mikeseaton
ixida
Sunrise
19 posters

Do you want free web hosting for .tel?

Poll

Do you agree with the announced changes for March 2017?

[ 4 ]
    Do you want free web hosting for .tel? - Page 2 Bar_left20%Do you want free web hosting for .tel? - Page 2 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 14 ]
    Do you want free web hosting for .tel? - Page 2 Bar_left70%Do you want free web hosting for .tel? - Page 2 Bar_right [70%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Do you want free web hosting for .tel? - Page 2 Bar_left10%Do you want free web hosting for .tel? - Page 2 Bar_right [10%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Warning level : 100 %

Do you want free web hosting for .tel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want free web hosting for .tel?

Post by Moonlight 2016-12-27, 7:21 am

Following this discussion makes me afraid that .tel will lose its last advantage in March 2017.

Do you want free web hosting for .tel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want free web hosting for .tel?

Post by 4444 2016-12-27, 7:54 am

.tel will gain two advantages (free web hosting and a beautiful Telnames template), but at the same time .tel will lose all potential because of many new disadvantages (no uniqueness, no sub domains, no incentive to use the Telnames template).

With this setup, .tel can only lose!
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2016-12-27, 8:01 am

Instead of web hosting, Telnic should give us a good looking template (from Telnames) and subdomains.

We never had this and we are waiting for this since so long already!

Post by 4444 2016-12-27, 8:04 am

Toptel wrote:Instead of web hosting, Telnic should give us a good looking template (from Telnames) and subdomains.

We never had this and we are waiting for this since so long already!

This should have been provided in 2009 right from the start.
    In that case, .tel wouldn't be in this bad condition today!
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2016-12-27, 8:09 am

Yeah!
    You can see how slow Telnic is.
    Even next year this solution won't be realized.
    We have to wait another 8 years!

Post by 4444 2016-12-27, 8:12 am

Okay, let's hope the best for the next release by Telnic in the year 2025!
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2016-12-27, 9:51 am

Why rely on Telnic. Just build a proper website with hosting.

Post by 4444 2016-12-27, 10:16 am

TelBlogger wrote:Why rely on Telnic. Just build a proper website with hosting.

I've build very nice websites with .com, .org, .online, .shop, .holiday and a few extensions more.
    I don't need .tel for that.

I want to build directories with .tel.
    For this, I want to have a nice template with sub domains!

PS: I don't like the term ".tel", because it doesn't fit for my business.
    If I search for a good term, I need a better expression for my targeted audience!
    The only reason that I would need .tel is because of its ability to create directories fast and easy.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2016-12-27, 10:34 am

Telhosting is useless for any website which you want to monetize.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2016-12-27, 1:47 pm

Nobody will be interested in web hosting for .tel, because .tel has neither the meaning of a successful TLD like .com, .net and .org nor a possible utilization like .blog, .club and .shop.

Post by 4444 2016-12-27, 1:51 pm

Sunrise wrote:Nobody will be interested in web hosting for .tel, because .tel has neither the meaning of a successful TLD like .com, .net and .org nor a possible utilization like .blog, .club and .shop.

Furthermore, after all the previous scandals at Telnic, .tel hasn't a good reputation as most TLDs.

Instead, .tel has the reputation of the slowest developed extension of all.
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post by Moonlight 2016-12-27, 1:59 pm

It sounds nice to publish a website under .tel, but this is not the idea behind .tel.
    .tel was designed for different things.
    It's hard to understand why it's becoming a normal domain now.
    If Telhosting was useless, why we need .tel at all?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2016-12-27, 2:36 pm

4444 wrote:Furthermore, after all the previous scandals at Telnic, .tel hasn't a good reputation as most TLDs.
    Yes, I also gree with this. How someboby will decide to invest his work and money in building his website at the extention where the rules could be changed to worse at any moment?

If somebody once had stealed something from you or was not honest with you, you will never trust him anymore and will not want to have any deals with him in future.
    Toady Bucks
    Toady Bucks

Slogan : Find Info Fast

Post by Toady Bucks 2016-12-27, 3:09 pm

Those of us who want the DNS technology for directories know .tel can not survive now with just Telhosting only. We don't want just Telhosting only! We never did say that. We welcome this addition of regular hosting, never heard anybody say they were against it. Non issue.

But the issue is .tel cannot survive with just regular hosting and that one page template. It needs and would be in everyone's benefit if it could continue to be used for directories also. I've got my geo.coms and some orgs if you can't add pages to .tels and would use those now as I worry about .tel changing without notice, or in 10 years not existing.

Each directory in existence only serves to popularize the .tel concept and idea of a uniform global directory. Each is a vehicle to sell .tels. Yes you can have advertisers on them but selling .tels would be where the real money is once this got going. We couldn't sell the first version but Telnames is easily edited by even inexperienced people and decent looking for those who want to own and control their own web presence.

And don't worry we still want regular hosting in addition to this! Yup we do.

Google, Linked In, Yelp, Facebook, Yellow Pages and many like them are all directories, but closed gardens. .tel directories are not closed gardens if you get my drift.

DNS served content still has a chance to be successful. In fact it has a better chance now since domains are a drug on the market and you can get a web presence in as many ways as there is to skin a cat.

Just need those addition pages. I would like to see folders rather than sub-domains. Would be easier to add to Telnames and SEO benefits.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2016-12-27, 4:21 pm

As I understand, "domainers" are persons who buy domains and simply keep them (undeveloped) hoping one nice day to sell them for $$$.

In my opinion, people who keep good domain names and do not develop them, do harm for extention - because they do not allow people who want do something useful to use these domains. So why it should be important what these domainers think? The less of them in TEL - the better.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2016-12-27, 8:43 pm

As for possibility to create a normal (regular) website on TEL, I think it should be, because who knows - maybe some good ideas will come to the mind of website owner which will require to build a regular website. Besides, it is good to leave possibility one nice day to create a global website on TEL.

But in my opinion, this possibility should be not free but should be paid additionally. The same thing with redirecting TEL to a normal website.

This payment should show that main purpose of TEL remains as it was - to be a website based on DNS. Maybe then search engines will not punish TEL extention for losing its uniqueness.
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post by Moonlight 2016-12-28, 2:56 am

maxi wrote:But in my opinion, this possibility should be not free but should be paid additionally. The same thing with redirecting TEL to a normal website.

This payment should show that main purpose of TEL remains as it was - to be a website based on DNS.

I find this idea very interesting.
    But I doubt that people will be motivated to pay a fee for web hosting or redirection while it will be free for all other domain endings except .tel.
    The effect would be the same as if Telnic continues not to allow web hosting at all.

Post by 4444 2016-12-28, 3:02 am

Moonlight wrote:The effect would be the same as if Telnic continues not to allow web hosting at all.

The question is WHY will Telnic allow web hosting!
    Is it only because of laziness to save the effort of developing the Telhosting platform?
    As it was obvious, Telnic has always disliked spending time on it!
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2016-12-28, 3:06 am

4444 wrote:The question is WHY will Telnic allow web hosting!
    Is it only because of laziness to save the effort of developing the Telhosting platform?
    As it was obvious, Telnic has always disliked spending time on it!

Of course, the announcement for March has one big "advantage":
    Telnic will never spend any single minute on developing Telhosting any further.
    What a big relief (for Telnic)!
    di7
    di7

Post by di7 2016-12-28, 4:06 am

Telnic has a very questionable business model:

• Avoiding all kind of work
    • Ignoring customers completely
    • Waiting for revenues coming in
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2016-12-28, 4:40 am

This business model seems to be fine if you have something great to sell, but not if your business depends on providing an underdeveloped Telhosting platform.
    let
    let

Post by let 2016-12-28, 4:43 am

Why are you dicussing all of this?

Let Telnic alone and let .tel rest in peace.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2016-12-28, 4:54 am

let wrote:Why are you dicussing all of this?

Because .tel still would have a chance to succeed if Telnic wouldn't act so stupid.

Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2016-12-28, 5:01 am

One thing is that people trusted on the false promises by Telnic.
    But after so many years, everyone should have realized that Telnic's habits will never change.
    Consequently, we have to face reality: Telhosting is dead!
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2016-12-28, 5:07 am

Right, I understand clearly:

.tel will be normal TLD without any differences (starting in March)!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-26, 4:42 pm