The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+10
kprobe
Tel
TelWorld
Tely
Expert
Toptel
ixida
mikeseaton
fustachio.tel
Alex
14 posters

Make money with the Telnames Affiliate programme

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Make money with the Telnames Affiliate programme Empty Make money with the Telnames Affiliate programme

Post by Alex 2012-09-18, 6:48 am

Telnames are growing fast and you can benefit from that growth with the Telnames Affiliate programme. We offer a generous commission for all sales referred from your web audience. Application is easy, simply click on the link below and complete our Affiliate Agreement. You will receive an email that your application has been received. Once your application has been approved we will then contact you with the details on how to get started with the programme.

How it works

There is no software to install on your computer system. The Telnames Affiliate Programme utilises Post Affiliate Pro’s easy to use sales and commission tracking web based software. Once you have placed the banner ad and link we provide on your website you will start earning a commission for every completed sale from a customer referred from that link. You will be given an easy to access private administrative account where you can view your sales and commissions report, and you’ll receive email notifications whenever a sale generates a new commission in your account. We make commission payments through Paypal or Bank transfer every 30 days.

Affiliate Interface

• Access to Affiliate Administration Centre
    • Personal profile maintenance
    • Transaction history report by type and date range
    • Real time reporting
    • Banner selection with cut and paste link code

Telnames maintains an active presence on our Blog, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Facebook with links to informative articles, news, video testimonials and a gallery of example Telnames customers (Pinterest). We also provide sales support material including press releases, articles, photos and reviews that you are welcome to use in your promotion of the Telnames.

To apply for the Telnames Affiliate programme, please click on the link below and complete the form.

Apply

Source: Telnames
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Make money with the Telnames Affiliate programme Empty Re: Make money with the Telnames Affiliate programme

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-09-18, 10:33 am

Very great news we should expect to see some growth in telnames sales, looks like their on the ball other than that.

How likely is it that the link generated will be replaceable on the "powered by Telnames.com" link at the bottom? aka making the link revenue collecting without really redirecting anywhere other than on towards telnames?

Which would originally be the telnic logo on the public proxy, which should also get links like these so rather than just linking to the powered by who we can get a few referrals off of it.

Because it's not just about gaining referrals from 3rd party sites but also to utilize what we have on the .tel which is a full referral network.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Make money with the Telnames Affiliate programme Empty Re: Make money with the Telnames Affiliate programme

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-18, 12:49 pm

I did speak to Ian Bowen-Morris (http://ianbm.tel) on two occasions about 3 months ago stressing how essential an Affiliate Program was for the success of Telnames.

I'm glad to see this has now happened, though it's a shame my suggestion of using http://www.CJ.com and/or http://www.TradeDoubler.com was not followed through (they must have well over 100,000 publishers between them, maybe many more).

The most important thing with any affiliate program is the Cookie Period (often set to 30 Days) - the period for which you get credit for the initial referral even though the actual purchase takes place when the buyer subsequently goes direct to the site you have promoted (the normal practice for many internet purchases - buyers look, think, then go direct later to buy).

The other thing to check for is the Minimum Payment Threshold - no point in earning $40 if you never get paid it because the theshold for making a payment to you is $50.

This is not an issue with CJ and TradeDoubler since payments from different advertisers are lumped together to help you reach the minimum level.

Having said all that I will obviously apply and give it a go - to measure the effectivenes of any affiliate program you should after a period calculate the EPC (earnings per 100 clicks) and/or EPM (earnings per thousand page impressions) - these are industry standard measures for affiliate remuneration.

Of course if it's a case of you wouldn't have sent your traffic anywhere else anyway then you may not be too concerned.

I really hope this will enable Telnames (and by implication .tel) take off - though I have to admit I'm beginning to question whether it's worth leaving any .tels in Telnic subdomain format now ?

BTW the best affiliate programs do not prevent you earning commission on your own sales - not sure whether this applies to Telnames scheme ?

All in all a very positive step - someone now just needs to keep Telrific happy with a Global Directory for Telnames .tels and we're on our way !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2012-09-18, 2:14 pm

mikeseaton wrote:I'm glad to see this has now happened, though it's a shame my suggestion of using http://www.CJ.com and/or http://www.TradeDoubler.com was not followed through (they must have well over 100,000 publishers between them, maybe many more).
    Should Telnames not join a big affiliate network? Telnames will have a difficult marketing position, because not many publishers know their website.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2012-09-18, 8:10 pm

Very nice action by Telnames. It seems they are working on the important things.
    I admit to be pleased by the current development; even it is too early to see the success yet.
    This year we got a nice website design and now the first affiliate program focused on .tel.
    Soon we'll get apps to register .tel on smartphones.
    I expect future important tasks like product enhancement, partnerships and marketing will follow step by step.
    Actually 2012 .tel looks so much better than 2009 or 2011.
    We can expect Telnames set up everything so .tel can evolve very nicely in the future.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2012-09-18, 8:42 pm

Toptel wrote:Actually 2012 .tel looks so much better than 2009 or 2011.
    Persistence will be rewarded!
    Tely
    Tely

Post by Tely 2012-09-19, 3:25 pm

Has anybody applied for the Affiliate programme? What is your experience?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-19, 4:37 pm

Tely wrote:Has anybody applied for the Affiliate programme? What is your experience?
    Not yet - been very busy today - but it's definitely on my "To Do" list for tomorrow !

I want to do everything to help .tel succeed - with Telnames the technical bit is done - it's now just down to worldwide promotion and marketing !

Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex 2012-09-21, 7:02 am

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-21, 8:43 am

mikeseaton wrote:
    Tely wrote:Has anybody applied for the Affiliate programme? What is your experience?
    Not yet - been very busy today - but it's definitely on my "To Do" list for tomorrow !
    I applied yesterday and got an email response saying that my application is being considered manually.

If I get a positive response this afternoon I could have a Telnames 88x31 Micro Bar (assuming they do this size) sponsor link on http://uk.boatsearchengine.com/boats.asp ready for the significant weekend traffic this site gets - many of whom are business owners, professionals, etc, just the sort of target market Telnames is aiming at.

I'm ready as soon as I get the go-ahead from Telnames - the ad formats I would use are:

88x31 Micro Bar
    250x250, 300x250, 468x60, 728x90 Display Ads

TelWorld
    TelWorld

Post by TelWorld 2012-09-21, 9:19 am

mikeseaton wrote:I applied yesterday and got an email response saying that my application is being considered manually.
    Please let us know. Surely most of us are not from the UK, so we are curious about the upcoming marketing for .tel!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-22, 9:51 am

TelWorld wrote:
    mikeseaton wrote:I applied yesterday and got an email response saying that my application is being considered manually.
    Please let us know. Surely most of us are not from the UK, so we are curious about the upcoming marketing for .tel!
    Will do !

Perhaps I will become the first Telnames affiliate on Monday ?

An 88x31 Micro Bar under Sponsors on http://uk.boatsearchengine.com/boats.asp would soon be sending some of the business owners and professionals who visit Boat Search UK on their way to Telnames !

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-23, 9:10 pm

mikeseaton wrote:
    Perhaps I will become the first Telnames affiliate on Monday ?
    I'm ready - provided the right size ad formats are - see http://www.teltalk.org/t482-make-money-with-the-telnames-affiliate-programme#2331

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-24, 7:27 pm

Been out all today but checking emails now finds no acceptance yet from last Thursday's application.

Tomorrow ?

Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2012-09-25, 3:24 am

They make it exciting - as usual!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-25, 6:41 pm

Nothing heard yet - I'm beginning to lose interest in the Telnames affiliate program - it's 5 days since I applied to it !

With an affiliate program you only pay for results, so most advertisers on major affiliate portals such as http://www.CJ.com set their account to "auto-accept" - you can always reject the affiliate later if they prove to be unsuitable.

What happens in practice is webmasters find an advertiser they would like to be an affiliate for, apply immediately, and if auto-accepted the promotional banners go onto their web site straight away.

If the advertiser specifies "manual approval" they really need to approve (or reject) affiliates within 24 hours, absolute max 48 hours - any longer and the webmaster tends to lose interest and get on with the 1001 other jobs they have to do regularly.

So if you want keen affiliiates to promote your site worldwide, and remember you only pay for results, my advice is either "auto-accept" or make an accept/reject decision within 24 hours.

I wonder if Telnames is reading this ?

kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2012-09-27, 11:16 am

From Tel_Names @ twitter ...
    @CardiffBiz
    "Just became a VAR for Telnames. Be great if you follow back!"
    I can see why, first off there is a lot of new TelNames coming from Wales, secondly @ cardiffbiz has a lot of followers.
    So that could be a decent criterion for becoming a TN affiliate.
    Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2012-10-07, 2:41 pm

Has anybody from this forum made some experiences with the Telnames affiliate program already?
    hulltv
    hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv 2012-10-07, 2:48 pm

telnic cant even sell them ...

I can just see them blowing them purple balloons at the shows thinking this will sell them telnames....there twitter not doing to well my granny has more followers...
    Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2012-10-07, 2:59 pm

hulltv wrote:telnic cant even sell them ...
    Of course not if they make it difficult for potential partners to support them - and even more if they don't make serious marketing themselves.
    It must be very difficult to sell a product with the attendance at two regional exhibitions and one small blog only.
    limejuice
    limejuice

Post by limejuice 2012-10-08, 7:26 am

kprobe wrote:From Tel_Names @ twitter ...
    @CardiffBiz
    "Just became a VAR for Telnames. Be great if you follow back!"
    I can see why, first off there is a lot of new TelNames coming from Wales, secondly @ cardiffbiz has a lot of followers.
    So that could be a decent criterion for becoming a TN affiliate.

What is the difference between an Affiliate and a VAR
    how much do they pay for each new signup?
    Tely
    Tely

Post by Tely 2012-10-08, 9:32 am

limejuice wrote:What is the difference between an Affiliate and a VAR
    http://www.teltalk.org/t481-become-a-value-added-reseller-and-generate-more-revenue-for-your-business

limejuice wrote:how much do they pay for each new signup?
    No idea! No public information about it!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-10-09, 9:34 am

mikeseaton wrote:I applied yesterday (20 September) and got an email response saying that my application is being considered manually.

If I get a positive response this afternoon I could have a Telnames 88x31 Micro Bar (assuming they do this size) sponsor link on http://uk.boatsearchengine.com/boats.asp ready for the significant weekend traffic this site gets - many of whom are business owners, professionals, etc, just the sort of target market Telnames is aiming at.

I'm ready as soon as I get the go-ahead from Telnames - the ad formats I would use are:

88x31 Micro Bar
    250x250, 300x250, 468x60, 728x90 Display Ads
    Unbelievable - 19 days after I applied to the Telnames Afiliate program (on 20 September) and not a dicky bird from them, except for the initial email saying my application was being considered manually.

Affiliate advertisers NEED to respond within 24 hours (48 hours absolute max) to publishers making the effort to apply to their programs.

Many affiliate advertisers on the major portal http://www.CJ.com set their response to "auto-accept" and then reject later if the publisher proves themself unsuitable.

19 Days (and counting) is a joke - affiliate publishers will simply lose interest in advertisers who can't get their act together quicker than that !

I have personally lost interest now in the Telnames Affiliate program - which is a shame for Telnames as I could probably have sent them 500+ potential Telnames registrants a week from my UK boat search engine site at http://uk.boatsearchengine.com/boats.asp - this is frequented by business owners, professionals, traders etc. - just the sort of person Telnames is targeting !

Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer 2012-10-09, 11:06 am

mikeseaton wrote:Unbelievable - 19 days after I applied to the Telnames Afiliate program (on 20 September) and not a dicky bird from them, except for the initial email saying my application was being considered manually.
    Can it be Telnames is a bit picky when choosing their partners?
    Or perhaps their affiliate program is not even ready yet?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-10-09, 11:24 am

Telnamer wrote:
    mikeseaton wrote:Unbelievable - 19 days after I applied to the Telnames Afiliate program (on 20 September) and not a dicky bird from them, except for the initial email saying my application was being considered manually.
    Can it be Telnames is a bit picky when choosing their partners?
    Or perhaps their affiliate program is not even ready yet?
    Could be either of the above, or maybe they just don't get around to things ?

But the key point of an Affiliate program is that YOU ONLY PAY FOR RESULTS - completed Telnames domain registrations in this case.

So unless it's a porno or other form of undesirable site that wants to display your ads then you really have nothing to lose by having 1000's of affiliates creating brand awareness for you worldwide !

Is this point being lost on Telnames ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 9:37 am