The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+13
Freedom for .tel
TelGirl
Sunrise
Tely
silvano
Expert
TelKing
Spocky
Moonlight
Rambo
Telnamer
mikeseaton
mobico
17 posters

Isn't Telnames a good thing?

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Isn't Telnames a good thing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't Telnames a good thing?

Post by mikeseaton 2012-10-03, 5:44 pm

mikeseaton wrote:1. Is it permissible under ICANN regulations for a registry (Telnic Ltd.) to form a new company (Telnames Ltd.) to offer registrar-type services that a registry is banned by ICANN from offering ?

2. If it is permissible, is there any problem with the new registrar-type company effectively being the same organisation i.e. same CEO, same CFO, same CMO, same offices, and many of the same staff ?

I honestly don't know the answers to the above, but I must admit I am a bit surpised that Name.com, Dynadot etc. are not getting upset at a manufacturer (the registry Telnic Ltd.) competing with them via a subsidiary company.

In most businesses, if a manufacturer or wholesaler attempts to compete with their own retailers then the retailers vote with their feet and focus their sales efforts elsewhere.

Is Telnic playing a dangerous game and risking this happening with their registrars ?
    Looks like I just got permanently banned from Telnic's forum for making the above (perfectly reasonable) comments - see http://www.teltalk.org/t564-does-telnic-never-learn

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post by Moonlight 2012-10-05, 6:04 pm

Everybody can use the template from Telnames.
    You only need to transfer your domains to them.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2012-10-06, 4:10 pm

Moonlight wrote:Everybody can use the template from Telnames.
    You only need to transfer your domains to them.
    And what will happen to TEL directories?
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2012-10-06, 5:38 pm

Sunrise wrote:And what will happen to TEL directories?

Nothing. They will go under an another domain. An old .com, .net, .name, .pro, .mobi. Or maybe one of the new domains.

Ligury.tel and liguria.tel maybe will go under .TOUR or .TRV (for travelers), and maybe use a database and dynamic site, with less fatigue to keep them.

And my contact informations will go in a .WEB site, that has a suffix less restrictive than a .tel
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-10-07, 8:29 am

silvano wrote:
    Sunrise wrote:And what will happen to TEL directories?

Nothing. They will go under an another domain. An old .com, .net, .name, .pro, .mobi. Or maybe one of the new domains.

As it sееms tо mе thаt TELs will nоt bе dеvеlоpеd furthеr, I аlsо think thаt аs а bаsе fоr mу pеrsоnаl businеss, it is bеttеr tо dеvеlоp .соm sitеs instеаd.

I pеrsоnаllу dо nоt bеliеvе thаt all thеsе nеw еxtеnsiоns, whiсh will соmе sооn, will hаvе аnу grеаt vаluе. Еxсеpt, pеrhаps, fоr оnlу fеw domаin-nаmes in eаch of thеm, sо саllеd hacks, likе dеsign.wеb, lоndоn.hоtеls аnd thе sаmе.

Old еxtеnsiоns likе .nаmе, .prо, .mоbi аnd оthеrs, in mу оpiniоn, will аlsо hаvе аnу vаluе, bесаusе whу .prо shоuld bе bеttеr thеn .аbс оr .ааа?

Sо, оnlу .соm will rеmаin as sоmеthing likе а "gоld stаndаrd" аnd, оf соursе, will rеmаin nаtiоnаl еxtеnsiоns fоr sitеs in nаtiоnаl lаnguаgеs. Аll thе оthеr еxtеnsiоns will сrеаtе а "swаmp", а blind аllеу, whеrе аll dоmаin invеstоrs will drоwn dоwn thеir mоnеу.

TEL соuld bе sоmе еxсеptiоn hеrе, but if prоmоtеrs оf а nеw prоduсt wаnt win thе mаrkеt fоr it, thеу shоuld bе асtivе and аggrеssivе in prоmоtiоn аnd dеvеlоping. Bесаusе аll the nеw nееds tо оvеrсоmе thе “еnvirоnmеntаl rеsistаnсе”, whiсh аlwауs hаmpеrs аnу nеw prоduсt frоm suссеss.

But in situаtiоn with TEL I sее thаt it, оn its wау tо suссеss, shоuld оvеrсоmе nоt оnlу mаrkеt’s еnvirоnmеntаl rеsistаnсе but аlsо thе rеsistаnсе оf its оwn mаnаgеmеnt. If Tеlniс itsеlf dо nоt wаnt mаkе thеir prоduсt suссеssful, whеn hоw it will bесоmе suссеssful? In аdditiоn, whеn lоt оf nеw gTDL will соmе sооn, then thе fаvоritе аurа fоr TELs соuld gо аwау аlsо.

Sо, lооking оn thаt situаtiоn frоm dау оf tоdау I sее vеrу littlе сhаnсеs fоr TEL's suссеss. Somеthing in Telnic’s pоlitics nеeds to bе changed urgеntly оr it will diе.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-10-07, 11:47 am

@maxi

A nicely thought out post above that contains a lot of REALISM !

Regarding the development of sites using .coms, it can be very hard to find a decent .com domain name these days, but there are still a lot of opportunities available with the alternative .CO (standing for COmpany or COrporation) - further details can be found at http://www.cointernet.co

Here are a couple of gems I picked up recently, http://www.Telesales.co and http://www.HotDates.co

So pick up a decent .CO domain, develop it in all the ways you can't with a .TEL, then give it some "link juice" by linking from a .tel such as http://BoatFinder.tel or http://Domains123.tel

Works for me !

Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2012-10-07, 2:51 pm

The bad thing is that Telnic don't give any outlook what will happen to .tel directories.
    Customers can only speculate what the future of their .tels will be, as example:
    Will Telnames the only offer in the future?
    Will directories still be supported (at Telnic or Telnames)?
    Will .tel domains at Telnic still be developed?
    Only Telnic can answer these questions, but they keep silent and haven't given any answer to the numerous repeats of them.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-10-07, 4:42 pm

Tel wrote:The bad thing is that Telnic don't give any outlook what will happen to .tel directories.
    Customers can only speculate what the future of their .tels will be, as example:
    Will Telnames the only offer in the future?
    Will directories still be supported (at Telnic or Telnames)?
    Will .tel domains at Telnic still be developed?
    Only Telnic can answer these questions, but they keep silent and haven't given any answer to the numerous repeats of them.
    Which is why more and more .tel owners will be forced to adopt the approach of Jens as quoted below:

JH wrote:I believe in the .tel concept a lot, but first we need what customers are asking for.
    As example I'm waiting since years for a website design which gives visitors of my .tels (at Telnic) a professional impression.
    As soon this has been provided I will start developing my .tels immediately. Until then I don't see benefit in putting much time into this project.
    I've never known a situation before whereby a company manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of (possible) victory so often !

Telnic - the company that wants to change the way the world communicates - is NOT managing to communicate with its own customers any more !

silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2012-10-07, 6:09 pm

Telnic = 260.000 domains
    Telnames = 2.000 domains

Does anyone think that Telnic will throw to the wind its domains, its clients, and maybe refund future annuities already paid?
    And restart from the 2.000 Telnames domains?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 7:01 am