The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

5 posters

Why Your Small Business MUST Have A Mobile Website

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Why Your Small Business MUST Have A Mobile Website Empty Why Your Small Business MUST Have A Mobile Website

Post by Alex 2012-10-03, 4:05 pm

By Alykhan Virani on 18th August 2012

Why Your Small Business MUST Have A Mobile Website Why-your-small-business-must-have-a-mobile-website.

First of all, consider these facts:

• According to a Pew Internet study as of February 2012, 46% of all cell phones in the US are smartphones.
    • Gartner Research predicts that by 2013, more people will be accessing the Internet on their mobile phones than those who will be using their desktop PCs.
    • 87% of the world’s population is now using a mobile device.
    • A recent Compuware infographic shows that 49% of mobile web users have bought at least 1 item via their mobile device within the last 6 months

With all these statistics about the increasing use and popularity of the mobile phone, businesses, especially small businesses have not yet caught on to this trend. A large percentage of small businesses do not even have a website and an even larger percentage a mobile website.

Another surprising fact from a Mobile Marketing Watch survey is that only 1 in 10 small businesses believe that it is necessary to own a mobile ready website, and more than 40% are not even aware of how their website appears on a mobile phone!

So why does your small business need a mobile website?

It is difficult to see your flashy website on a mobile phone if it has not been optimized.

Your regular website will load easily on your PC as it probably has a fast broadband connection and large screen – videos and images usually load in seconds.

Now imagine loading the same website with videos and images on a mobile phone with a 3” – 6” screen and a slower data connection. The same images, videos and scripts will take forever to load, and when they are loaded, the text may be difficult to read and the layout may require a lot of scrolling from left to right to fit on the tiny screen. This is not a good experience for someone who you are trying to entice to spend money; not to mention the impact on that person’s data plan!

Remember, mobile customers are on the go. When they are looking for something on your website, they want it now. If it doesn’t load properly, or if they have problems navigating, they will end up going to a competitor’s website instead.

You can attract customers more easily.

Google recently did a survey showing that not only is going mobile helping small businesses reach their customers, it also helps them get more sales. Google found that 95% of mobile phone users have searched for local information, and out of those who did, 59% visited the physical location of the companies they searched for and 61% actually called the business. Moreover, 9 out of the 10 people who searched for local information acted within 24 hours.

Your customers can find you very easily.

The typical person who uses a mobile phone to search on the Internet is someone who is on the go, looking for something within a limited time budget. If your business website is mobile optimized, it will load faster than a conventional PC website, has relevant information such as the business phone number, address, menu etc. available with a simple touch on the screen.

Having an easy to navigate mobile website, that is “thumb friendly” with lots of big fat buttons, will allow someone who is looking for your business, to find it more easily and encourage customers to come back to your site.

Why Your Small Business MUST Have A Mobile Website Mobile-site

So if you own a small business, a mobile friendly website is a must-have, especially if you rely on foot traffic to reach your business. In today’s economy you cannot afford to lose a customer – if you don’t have a mobile optimized website, you are definitely losing out. Act now and improve your bottom line- GO MOBILE!

Source: Soho
    Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Why Your Small Business MUST Have A Mobile Website Empty Re: Why Your Small Business MUST Have A Mobile Website

Post by Telnamer 2012-10-03, 4:18 pm

Oh, surprise!
    The competition is offering subdomains!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Why Your Small Business MUST Have A Mobile Website Empty Re: Why Your Small Business MUST Have A Mobile Website

Post by mikeseaton 2012-10-03, 4:38 pm

Very relevant article to .Tel - have tweeted to my followers at http://twitter.com/mikeseaton

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2012-10-04, 12:54 pm

Telnamer wrote:The competition is offering subdomains!
    They offer only subfolders, but no subdomains!
    Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer 2012-10-04, 3:30 pm

Sunrise wrote:
    Telnamer wrote:The competition is offering subdomains!
    They offer only subfolders, but no subdomains!
    Right!
    I've expressed my wish for subdomains on Teltalk before.
    But subfolders would be fine, too!
    For a company profile categories are needed, not necessarily subdomains.
    I don't care how Telnames realizes it, but Telnames stand in competition with other services where (sub)folders are always obligatory.
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Hobbies : Buying gold
    Warning level : 75 %

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-10-05, 9:41 am

I have sent ICANN complaint on that as soon as TELNAMES have been published, but nothing happened, probably due to me not being patient enough and sending it on proper way.

Just try to send a message to ICANN and you will see what I mean.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2012-10-06, 4:56 pm

JLouisBiz wrote:I have sent ICANN complaint on that as soon as TELNAMES have been published, but nothing happened, probably due to me not being patient enough and sending it on proper way.

What do you mean?
    Your complain didn't go through?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-10-06, 6:18 pm

JLouisBiz wrote:I have sent ICANN complaint on that as soon as TELNAMES have been published, but nothing happened, probably due to me not being patient enough and sending it on proper way.

See http://www.teltalk.org/t559p32-icann-complaint-against-telnames#2795

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 3:56 am