The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+3
silvano
mikeseaton
MisterX
7 posters

I don't understand!

MisterX
    MisterX

Warning level : 100 %

I don't understand! Empty I don't understand!

Post by MisterX 2012-11-22, 11:26 am

Meanwhile I have understood I chose the wrong registrar when registering my first .tel.
    I should have registered my .tel at Telnames, because only there I can get an advanced layout and only there the product will be improved by Telnic.
    But for people who only know other domain extensions, .tel is so confusing.
    First of all I don't understand why Telnic is still selling .tels, although .tel doesn't get supported from there anymore.
    Furthermore it would be so easy to make .tel an even better product, but I can't insert text nicely and can't sort my entries the way I like.
    I have even only one column to insert subjects. That is very strange.
    Why I can't define myself which subjects will be displayed both on desktops and on mobiles, only on desktops or only on mobiles? Why I can't use two columns on desktops? Why I can't use additional text on desktops? (I don't want to limit desktop visitors to mobile content only!)
    .tel stands in competition with Yellow Pages. But when taking a look at Telpages, the website can't reach the standards of Yellow Pages, because the search results are not ordered and not presented nicely.
    .tel stands in competition with social networks. But when taking a look at Telfriends, I find only a graveyard.
    .tel stands in competition with other website services. But why .tels from Telnic look so ugly?
    .tel is so complicated to set up, especially if I want to insert pictures and videos.
    Since I paid the registration fee for one year, I will keep my .tel until next year.
    In case I would see some improvement, I would keep my .tel at Telnic even longer. I won't transfer it to Telnames, because of the high price there.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

I don't understand! Empty Re: I don't understand!

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-22, 11:47 am

MisterX wrote:Meanwhile I have understood I chose the wrong registrar when registering my first .tel.
    I should have registered my .tel at Telnames, because only there I can get an advanced layout and only there the product will be improved by Telnic.
    How many of us - on both Telnic and TelTalk forums - warned Telnic/Telnames that this was going to happen ?

A promo domain like Ben.tel (currently the Telnames template, used to be a Telnic template) gets seen by a newcomer to .tel, who goes off and registers his/her .tel at their favourite .tel registrar - then finds out the facilities shown in the promo domain (based around the Telnames template) are NOT AVAILABLE to their newly-registered .tel domain.

But their registrar never warned them about this - I assume Telnic/Telnames have advised all .tel registrars of Telnames existence and the necessity of ensuring the purchaser knows what type of .tel they are buying ?

If not they should have done, no registry (or any other type of business) should be happy about its customers feeling aggrieved after their purchase has been made !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2012-11-22, 3:29 pm

MisterX wrote:Since I paid the registration fee for one year, I will keep my .tel until next year. In case I would see some improvement, I would keep my .tel at Telnic even longer. I won't transfer it to Telnames, because of the high price there.
    Next year you'll have a great selection of new domains, where to choose the name and the features you prefer, spending a fraction of the cost of Telnames...
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-22, 5:22 pm

silvano wrote:Next year you'll have a great selection of new domains, where to choose the name and the features you prefer, spending a fraction of the cost of Telnames...
    TAKE YOUR PICK !

silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2012-11-22, 6:05 pm

mikeseaton wrote:TAKE YOUR PICK !

No, thanks!

Seven .tel
    One .it
    One .mobi

I'm already satisfied!

:-)
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-22, 6:18 pm

MisterX wrote:Meanwhile I have understood I chose the wrong registrar when registering my first .tel.
    First of all I don't understand why Telnic is still selling .tels, although .tel doesn't get supported from there anymore.
    Furthermore it would be so easy to make .tel an even better product, but I can't insert text nicely and can't sort my entries the way I like.
    Why I can't define myself which subjects will be displayed both on desktops and on mobiles, only on desktops or only on mobiles? Why I can't use two columns on desktops? Why I can't use additional text on desktops? (I don't want to limit desktop visitors to mobile content only!)
    .tel stands in competition with Yellow Pages. But when taking a look at Telpages, the website can't reach the standards of Yellow Pages, because the search results are not ordered and not presented nicely.
    .tel stands in competition with social networks. But when taking a look at Telfriends, I find only a graveyard.
    .tel stands in competition with other website services. But why .tels from Telnic look so ugly?
    .tel is so complicated to set up, especially if I want to insert pictures and videos.
    Since I paid the registration fee for one year, I will keep my .tel until next year.
    In case I would see some improvement, I would keep my .tel at Telnic even longer. I won't transfer it to Telnames, because of the high price there.
    The above post by MisterX should be read out aloud by every Telnic/Telnames director and staff member before they are allowed their morning coffee !

It summarises the perception of .tel as seen by newbies so well !

TelKing
    TelKing
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by TelKing 2012-11-23, 12:17 pm

Oh, yeah! Can somebody print out the post from Mr. X and send it to Telnic 100 times, please?
    Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer 2012-11-23, 12:30 pm

Telnic just need to program a nice product like they did for Telnames.
    Unfortunately the pro .tel at Telnic was never developed!
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Rambo 2012-11-23, 12:45 pm

Everything seems to be so obvious! As soon Telnic starts to consider customer feedback, .tel could become useful!
    Poseidon
    Poseidon

Post by Poseidon 2012-11-23, 1:43 pm

If Telnic want to do serious business, they need to work on this:
    MisterX wrote:Furthermore it would be so easy to make .tel an even better product, but I can't insert text nicely and can't sort my entries the way I like.
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Rambo 2012-11-24, 12:03 am

Poseidon wrote:If Telnic want to do serious business, they need to work on this:
    This won't happen soon, because the priority is only Telnames!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 2:49 pm