The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

5 posters

Telnic, why you fight so strongly against your own success?

Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Warning level : 100 %

Telnic, why you fight so strongly against your own success? Empty Telnic, why you fight so strongly against your own success?

Post by Sunrise 2012-11-25, 10:46 am

Why you don't provide us the template from Telnames?
    Why you don't give us any information?
    Why you try everything to make .tel owners so angry?
    Why you don't continue searching for partners?
    Why you don't let third-party providers develop .tel?
    Why you are hiding?
    Why you don't listen to so many valuable advices?
    Why you refuse to realize the smallest improvements for .tel?
    Why you let your reputation suffer so much?
    Why you don't make any marketing?
    Why you don't like getting help?
    Why you found a new company to get new customers instead of providing the existing customers what they need?
    Why you don't follow ICANN regulations?
    Why you think censorship gives you any advantage?
    Why you treat your most loyal and biggest customers not with respect?
    Why Telpages and Telfriends have never been developed?
    Why you always try only unsuccessful activities for .tel?
    Why you haven't learned in more than 3 years what customers want from you?
    Why you don't understand what are the right ways to make a product successful?
    Why you think only about your own benefit, but don't consider the needs of customers and partners?
    Why, why, why?

Last edited by Sunrise on 2012-11-25, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    TelKing
    TelKing
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Telnic, why you fight so strongly against your own success? Empty Re: Telnic, why you fight so strongly against your own success?

Post by TelKing 2012-11-25, 11:02 am

If I would be in that situation, I would start thinking what I have done wrong and would improve my business.
    The criticism has reached a level where it can't be ignored anymore.
    And the amount of criticism is definitely not caused by the complaining people.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Telnic, why you fight so strongly against your own success? Empty Re: Telnic, why you fight so strongly against your own success?

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-25, 1:55 pm

Totally agree with the above posts from Sunrise and TelKing !

Why do Telnic constantly snatch defeat from the jaws of (possible) victory ?

Will ICANN be the ones to force Telnic to acknowledge that without satisfied customers a company normally falls into oblivion ?

Perhaps the only question mark left is how long this failure will take ?

Maybe all software developers, domain investors and power users should quit the .tel project, since they are obviously surplus to requirements with the only marketing operation (Telnames) that is actually happening !

Or perhaps Telnic will make a statement tomorrow, apologising for the current situation we have, and clearly lay out a way forward for the .tel project that all parties can share in ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-11-25, 2:36 pm

TelKing wrote:If I would be in that situation, I would start thinking what I have done wrong and would improve my business.
    The criticism has reached a level where it can't be ignored anymore.
    And the amount of criticism is definitely not caused by the complaining people.

"And the amount of criticism is definitely not caused by the complaining people"? I don't get you as no tech sites are complaining it's only you.

Someone said Telnames has 3000ish registrations now? so that means they have about 2000-2500 actual customers who would agree that they're on the right path, and is all they needed in that product bar a few upgrades, as for the original proxy the only thing it doesn't have is a cool theme but you get what you pay for and that's to encourage you/us to ask our registrar to make one via their own proxy or we go elsewhere, and at this time elsewhere is telnames! tomorrow it could be name.com or any other registrar! and should have been along time ago.

I managed to get over the fact cash will go into their pocket though you seem not to have, well that's ok I know where it's going and don't mind as things get done not like with all these other registrars who make stuff up about "potential proxies" to keep the money flowing in, but being continually ignorant of progress doesn't really improve the situation of getting them to talk to us and or making you a happy customer.

It's clear that it was not working to waste time promoting the proxy as a "potential" development platform for them as those registrars and 3rd parties are NOT INTERESTED, that's not to say no one can make a new proxy as anyone can at anytime they want.

Why should they keep knocking on the same doors if they've all ready said no? it makes MORE SENSE to build the product their self than to wait on people who just close doors, so they don't talk to you or me or anyone else? and busy themselves building up telnames? well good that's progress and shows how STUPID the re-seller registrar's are and aren't worth bothering with, which is no wonder they off load telnics support to a 3rd party? is that what they did? because it makes more sense to do that than to waste more of their time when the future of their business as well as yours and other start-ups is at stake.

No one buys into anything without expecting something back, we got telnames and if that's not good enough well good luck with the complaint, but complaining about one proxy where their's 100s of other registrars neglecting 200,000 customers is not right in my eyes.

If anyone's worth attacking it's those 3rd party registrars who don't provide a proxy for their tel customers and just absorb money, we're in 2012-2013 and people are starting to care about where their money goes and this is especially true in the USA, though I get that people have no choice to shop at Walmart because of how it's a parasite on communities by bringing wages down to a bare minimum, but given the choice in the future when they fix their politics I'm sure they'll start shopping elsewhere, and that's what you can do as you have the ability to put pressure on those 3rd party registrars to build one you just need to gather people here in groups by registrar and then start making calls and emails.

Aka grassroot movements, grow something don't weed existing services because you're disagreeing with their progress, I am a telnames customer and you're a customer of idk what registrar so you should focus on your registrar, not destroying the one I use because it's made by the same people who had the original vision.

There has always been room for all sorts of proxies, like every domain via the owners choice or the sponcering registrars "whats it for" .horse .mp3 .music .xxx etc, so as they have the ability to contain any type of content so a tel can do via custom proxies, scientists can have their own as can electricity companies or any other sub interest in how they want to represent information.

It's a free market and I don't see why telnames should not exist as it doesn't effect telnic other than telnic is as I would assume per it's ICANN agreement allowed to choose the best marketing of any 3rd party proxy to promote dot tel the best way it can, and just because it so happens to be telnames at this moment who are the same staff is because no other registrar has stepped up to the plate to do their own.

mikeseaton wrote:Or maybe Telnic will come clean over all these issues and make a statement tomorrow

Telnic wont talk to us because you don't give any leeway and just want to attack, attack, attack everything they do, I'm a happy customer because I'm willing to give up a few things and go back to paying pretty much what I was at the start with "DM" to gain a priority and quality template, other registers still have the ability to entice me with a better service but they choose NOT TO and telnames chooses to lead the pack because someone has too and who better than those who had the vision at the start?

Telnic can't do everything and when registrars are as ignorant of progress as some older customers can be whom are not willing to accept change then I'm not suppressed they don't talk to us.

That's not to say I like or support everything they do, and as it's a free market I can go anywhere I want at anytime, even if that means making my own telnames type contact card on a basic domain, but at the moment I don't see a need to go anywhere.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-25, 4:54 pm

@fustachio.tel - What an incredibly verbose post !

I don't have the time to deal with all the misconceptions in your post, but will just mention a couple of them.

fustachio.tel wrote:... those 3rd party registrars who don't provide a proxy for their tel customers and just absorb money...
    This has already been explained to you. Do you not understand the business model of a registrar ?

mikeseaton wrote:
    fustachio.tel wrote:All I can say is: How The **** can ICANN accredited registrars sign up to sell .tel domains, take all our money for years and do no development?
    @fustachio.tel - there's a very simple answer to your question !

A registrars BUSINESS MODEL is to sell the REGISTRATION & RENEWAL of domain names, in huge volumes, for as many extensions as possible that are profitable to them.

NOT Sofware Development, which is why NONE of them accepted Telnic's invitation to develop their own .tel proxy.

It really is as straightforward as that !

fustachio.tel wrote:Telnic wont talk to us because you don't give any leeway and just want to attack, attack, attack everything they do...
    That is simply a ridiculous statement - if you look at my posts on the Telnic Forum since 2009 you will see that I have been one of the staunchest supporters of .tel, have invested heavily in the .tel project, and have developed Net-Link Tel Search to assist in the recognition of the .tel extension.

But I know when a business is breaking the rules of an agreement, and even if ICANN lets Telnic get away with "Direct Selling by a Registry" on a technicality, many of us on this forum know when a business has broken a moral compact with its loyal supporters.

Sunrise sums up the situation very well - there's nothing more I need to add to this:

Sunrise wrote:Why you don't provide us the template from Telnames?
    Why you don't give us any information?
    Why you try everything to make .tel owners so angry?
    Why you don't continue searching for partners?
    Why you don't let third-party providers develop .tel?
    Why you are hiding?
    Why you don't listen to so many valuable advices?
    Why you refuse to realize the smallest improvements for .tel?
    Why you let your reputation suffer so much?
    Why you don't make any marketing?
    Why you don't like getting help?
    Why you found a new company to get new customers instead of providing the existing customers what they need?
    Why you don't follow ICANN regulations?
    Why you think censorship gives you any advantage?
    Why you treat your most loyal and biggest customers not with respect?
    Why Telpages and Telfriends have never been developed?
    Why you always try only unsuccessful activities for .tel?
    Why you haven't learned in more than 3 years what customers want from you?
    Why you don't understand what are the right ways to make a product successful?
    Why you think only about your own benefit, but don't consider the needs of customers and partners?
    Why, why, why?
    http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer 2012-11-26, 3:22 am

fustachio.tel wrote:Someone said Telnames has 3000ish registrations now? so that means they have about 2000-2500 actual customers who would agree that they're on the right path,
    I guess the displeased customers are at Telnic, not at Telnames.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 12:17 am