The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

DooID is going mobile

silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3
    Warning level : 100 %

DooID is going mobile Empty DooID is going mobile

Post by silvano 2013-01-22, 3:46 pm

Dooid "Your mobile business card" is moving towards mobile.

From and email received today:

"Did you know that your DooID site is mobile friendly?

DooID automatically creates a mobile friendly version of your site
    when you set it up for the first time.

Everyone who visits your page from a mobile phone will see the mobile
    version of your website.

Over 10% of the world's internet traffic already comes from mobile
    devices, reason enough for us to revamp DooID's Mobile Version
    (http://m.dooid.me) and make things even easier for you.

Just log in to your account (log in here: http://dooid.me) and click
    the Mobile tab to preview & edit your new mobile appearance."

Indeed the idea seems to be well developed.

Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

DooID is going mobile Empty Re: DooID is going mobile

Post by Sunrise 2013-01-22, 4:28 pm

A dream: they offer folders!
    They have nice features.
    And you can register a .com for your website.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-22, 7:11 pm

*throws dice* "come on mobile tel wallet, daddy needs a new pair of pants" *throws a 0* "how the!?" "Fuuuuuuuuuuuu", sure any site can have folders and what not but tel needs to have something unique aka build more on those DNS features and we need to work on its community to build up interest around it by small tech people who tinker.
    Right now I'm wondering why after telnic all ready had the "login" popup for telfriends why is it so hard to reuse that code to have a popup recaptcha for links we want to make sure is only visited by people, like files on FTP where we don't show the indexed location but want to still share it or the PDF at telnames so we know it's only people reading it and machines are blocked! like in the case of resumes that you want to be sure aren't indexed or pulled for distribution by some scraper PDF bot site. Unless you don't mind your work history etc being pulled for distribution all over the Internet so it's not marketed to just anyone that likely ends up being used to do fraud in your name/address etc. I'd prefer to give it out if it was just people who visit my tel via link or referral, while they can still do fraud in my name it's mitigates a lot of random problems if it's only people who visit rather than machines indexing it as "PDF resume" for peoples fraud searches.
    Telnic could add so much stuff but still keep it simple and blow these sites out the water though they'll never truly do that as they're free sites or somewhat cheaper but telnic could round off it's offering package so it's got that unique DNS thing doing some fabulous and crazy out there stuff that appeals to businesses and people. So if telnames raised the price again I'd expect a dongle (mass made in china) thing with every domain I buy that allows me to import and export data automatically to the DNS which should only cost a few pence or so to make. "Get your telname and a free DNS data dongle" what does it really cost to make a DNS data dongle? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_protection_dongle is it so hard to make a smaller and cheaper http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi type thing with one port that allows me to connect to a range of devices that I can program to convert into DNS "store as text" language (via a wifi/bluetooth or just direct connect to router port on it) aka goes between router port and use regular networking cables to import data through it..
    I'm not going to make one as I don't know where to start but I know it was telnics hope it would be used to store many things from devices, so why not put a bit of money to one side for research and development? so they can offer it to new signups like other services give you a "care package" shouldn't we not get that plus a few extra things in the post?
    I think the term is promotional stuff for people who all ready paid so they use it and advertise to people who haven't, pens are cheap to buy in bulk! many charities give pens when asking for donations as I'm sure they figure it mitigates the excuse of not having a pen right there and then to fill the form in as later people would forget. But that pen gets used after and with a logo on it people notice and that builds recognition via indirect mouth to mouth advertising as it's saying you donated or supported that service and that's even if you didn't and kept the pen someone thinks you did and might do themselves..
    So promotional care package:
    - Branded Telnames advice "pocket size booklet"
    - Branded Telnames pens
    - Etc anything that's cheap to throw in (probably mass produced in china) but builds up a usability package to get people talking about telnames, like someone sees your using a telnames branded pen, someones going to ask "whats telnames", because you might not have mentioned that to the person you have one but it jogs the memory and starts conversations and that leads to further sales via implied or stated endorsement.

Last edited by fustachio.tel on 2013-01-22, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-22, 7:17 pm

It would be nice if the recapture submit button was an Oath button so when you validate the code to submit, you can only do so by linking to your Twitter or Facebook etc so we can record who gets our resumes. The proxy should allow us to put in some login or API link and string data in settings so that it can store those emails/twitter/facebook links via PHP apis we make on our own sites.
    So I would put in like api.furpunk.com and the the string modifiers if thats what they're called like store=twiter&id=fustachio or they just releace a basic api php and we only have to put in what subdomain it's hosted at, but it would need a string modifier for security like a code that we can change once a day generated at random via PHP on our website hosting but then injected into our tel via using the telapi to store it into settings.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-22, 7:25 pm

Also sorry I might have hijacked your thread, keep calm and ignore.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-22, 7:47 pm

So you plug the rj45 network dongle into your router port http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_connector#8P8C, you then plug another network cable into the back of the dongle, then at the other end of the network cable sending current down it in specific combinations produces store/retrieve and does letters and numbers, and one switches "bank" aka what slot to store it as as theres 100 records per sub domain you would have to send a click down the bank wire and then a 1, 0, 0 to switch to that bank.
    Store, retrieve, bank/record/slot.
    Telapi aka our login, or settings can be imputed via a combination of the connector wires or plugging the rj45 between our regular Internet cable and the router allows us to use/view a basic programing screen instead of the regular 192.168.100.1 router information/setup window. Aka it overrides that view if it's possible.
    Give us that mass produced and I'm sure some people will make some interesting things.
    TELcp
    TELcp
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by TELcp 2013-01-23, 4:52 am

silvano wrote:Dooid "Your mobile business card" is moving towards mobile.

From and email received today:

"Did you know that your DooID site is mobile friendly?

DooID automatically creates a mobile friendly version of your site
    when you set it up for the first time.

Everyone who visits your page from a mobile phone will see the mobile
    version of your website.

Over 10% of the world's internet traffic already comes from mobile
    devices, reason enough for us to revamp DooID's Mobile Version
    (http://m.dooid.me) and make things even easier for you.

Just log in to your account (log in here: http://dooid.me) and click
    the Mobile tab to preview & edit your new mobile appearance."

Indeed the idea seems to be well developed.

Although not in DNS, HTML5 and other web technologies can create wonderful services like above. Websites similar to what is created by Telnames (with the restricted .tel technology) will never be able to compete with such services. Everybody knows this, but Telnic ignores this (discussed many times in Telnic Forum). There were discussions on suggestions for many improvements to existing .tel services. The .tel should concentrate only on what it is capable on doing best and improve only on that line.

Based on our direct interaction with .tel owners (and .tel Users) during our 4 years of experience with .tel we are aware what is needed by general public. And we have now developed and tested a unique service to provide "All communications in one place" in a better way and for FREE (FREE accounts with a single advertisement at the bottom and Paid accounts with no Ads.). The system is Desktop and Mobile friendly. It has all the services that .tel offers plus many more for individuals and businesses. All made in HTML5 and other web based technologies.

We spent (and still doing it thru TELcp until the last .tel Owner leaves the system) lot of money and time providing services for the .tel. But now we plan to recover it in a different way. Not from .tel, but from a service similar to .tel.

The system will be hosted on a very special domain name (.com) and will be available for general public by end of the 2nd quarter of 2013.

If interested stay tuned.
    ?>
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2013-01-23, 8:22 am

TELcp wrote:... we have now developed and tested a unique service to provide "All communications in one place" in a better way and for FREE (FREE accounts with a single advertisement at the bottom and Paid accounts with no Ads.). The system is Desktop and Mobile friendly. It has all the services that .tel offers plus many more for individuals and businesses. All made in HTML5 and other web based technologies... The system will be hosted on a very special domain name (.com) and will be available for general public by end of the 2nd quarter of 2013... If interested stay tuned.

I will stay tuned!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 4:57 pm