The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+3
fustachio.tel
Expert
ixida
7 posters

How to get a Telname on Google page one?

ixida
    ixida

Warning level : 100 %

How to get a Telname on Google page one?  Empty How to get a Telname on Google page one?

Post by ixida 2013-02-19, 9:52 pm

If I have a rare name and I own LastName.tel, it should be easy to reach even the first Google position. But what about generic or geographic keywords? Is there any chance to reach a good search result if I bought my domain at Telnames? Any ideas?
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

How to get a Telname on Google page one?  Empty Re: How to get a Telname on Google page one?

Post by Expert 2013-02-19, 10:16 pm

Actually it's very easy:
    Register at Adwords and make sure your CPC rate is high enough.
    You'll get the first position and a yellow background, too.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

How to get a Telname on Google page one?  Empty Re: How to get a Telname on Google page one?

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-20, 2:25 am

Add it to dmoz its still infulences results and as the point of a tel is the dns being used to export the data to other sites to auto link back to you like dmoz gets downloaded into millioms of old sites with high pr rating and value it will increase your ranking for the catogory you are in.

Back when we cared about telnics forum there was lots off huffing and puffing about a tel member importing tel data into his own site a directory and displaying it with ads, point is this is what dmoz is and was used for and its the ideal we should expect if you're using a tel, we want people to take the data so we get a link back so the more links back the better we rank and the more traffic from multiple places while only having to focus on one telpage, as for complaints about telnames one page not being able to rank well without sub domains i think this to be false and being used as an excuse to push an agenda on telnames.

I'm no expert but if pr is still used i think it was designed for websites and not the situation the net engines are now in where high quality content is considered whats on a tel aka pure data unlike websites where 90% is gibberish and back to the pr point if you're building pr then having links back to one page i think is better as pr is not diluted by sub domains with weak ranking content, everything goes towards your url direct, so any links back build pr faster i believe, i believe this as i feel google and other search engines and even siri crave pure easy to find and share data

If you're a pro in a specific topic keyword like laywer or plumber then use your .tel to make comments on websites, find simular ones to you with high traffic and an openid comment system and offer quality comments and advice so that your opnion becomes valuable for the owner to approve and so you get a link back and traffic as people want to know more about you, which will increase your ranking.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-20, 2:28 am

I've never tried openid with telnames if it dont have it then they're dumb as hell for leaving it out, but i think it has it like the regular proxy so making comments with content people care about should get you traffic, not that im doing that here but if tel is about rep then building it via comments on blogs etc makes sense to me.

Just to note i believe i have two tel domains in dmoz bunjie.tel an either it was furry.tel or fustschio.tel its been a while but they should still be there but are now just redirected domains but i believe it would help you having full active ones.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-20, 3:02 am

ixida wrote:...what about generic or geographic keywords? Is there any chance to reach a good search result if I bought my domain at Telnames? Any ideas?
    I think with Telnames you have no chances.
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2013-02-20, 9:08 am

fustachio.tel wrote:I've never tried openid with telnames if it dont have it then they're dumb as hell for leaving it out, but i think it has it like the regular proxy so making comments with content people care about should get you traffic, not that im doing that here but if tel is about rep then building it via comments on blogs etc makes sense to me.

I've used my .TEL to login via OpenID to post comments on blogs that support it. Works just fine, only trouble is that no one knows that .TEL supports OpenID.
    Mark
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-02-20, 10:00 am

ixida wrote:Is there any chance to reach a good search result if I bought my domain at Telnames? Any ideas?
    Transfer your .tel to a Telnic registrar and create subdomains and a lot of data or contact entries.
    That's the basic requirement.
    The best way is to publish a directory.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-02-20, 6:17 pm

maxi wrote:
    ixida wrote:...what about generic or geographic keywords? Is there any chance to reach a good search result if I bought my domain at Telnames? Any ideas?
    I think with Telnames you have no chances.
    I would say if you spend enough money, you have good chances.
    It should be possible if you promote your Telname heavily on newspapers, television, internet and radio.
    But tel owners probably won't do this if they a) are only a small business or b) have only a one page website.
    Natal
    Natal
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Natal 2013-02-20, 7:18 pm

This discussion goes in the wrong direction. TEL is a complete new invention and can't be compared with old technologies. You are right most Telnames can't be found on page one of Google's search engine for popular keywords. But the question is: Does it have to be that way? The internet is changing dramatically. New services will evolve and will provide a much better comfort for users than what Google provides today. Another thought: Google is search engine build to search the internet. Hence Google is a service for the internet, but the other way around the internet isn't a service for Google. The same is valid for TEL: Telnames are / is very beneficial for their customers (simple, fast, easy and cheap). This way Telnames will make its way. After a certain mass is reached, the interest in providing a comfortable search for Telnames will arise. While we don't know how it will look today, this technology will come and probably will be much better than we expect from today's perspective! Please don't be so impatient! Nothing is missing after the time has come.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-21, 6:57 am

Natal wrote:After a certain mass is reached, the interest in providing a comfortable search for Telnames will arise. While we don't know how it will look today,
    While it all is in preparation, now it is better to transfer TEL from Telnames to registrars name.com or Dynadot.com and to make a directory on that TEL. In this way it will be possible to save a lot of money on renewings and to be able to fill TEL with necessary content and to get some good position in Google.

Twenty or thirty years later, when Telnames will reach "critical mass" and interest in public will arise, then it will be possible to transfer that TEL back to Telnames.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 2:14 am