The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

TEL-domains registrar _briarwoodtechnologies.com - who they are?

maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TEL-domains registrar _briarwoodtechnologies.com - who they are?  Empty TEL-domains registrar _briarwoodtechnologies.com - who they are?

Post by maxi 2013-04-28, 3:38 pm

When looking at Whois of few new-registered TELs, I found that their registrar is briarwoodtechnologies_com. It seems the they have some connection with name.com. I never heard about them before. May be somebody knows who they are?
    supercyberheroes
    supercyberheroes

TEL-domains registrar _briarwoodtechnologies.com - who they are?  Empty Re: TEL-domains registrar _briarwoodtechnologies.com - who they are?

Post by supercyberheroes 2013-04-28, 4:02 pm

maxi wrote:When looking at Whois of few new-registered TELs, I found that their registrar is briarwoodtechnologies_com. It seems the they have some connection with name.com. I never heard about them before. May be somebody knows who they are?
    name.com was sold for $18 million last December, the new owner has another domain register + 8800 re sellers and partner

here one article of many: http://www.thedomains.com/2013/03/24/demand-media-paid-18-million-for-name-com-registrar/

Regards

www.movie.tel
    www.ideal.tel
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

TEL-domains registrar _briarwoodtechnologies.com - who they are?  Empty Re: TEL-domains registrar _briarwoodtechnologies.com - who they are?

Post by maxi 2013-04-28, 4:31 pm

supercyberheroes wrote:+ 8800 re sellers and partner
    supercyberheroes, thanks!

So it could be a reseller, who is a partner of name.com. Interesting, is it possible to have one account at name.com and another account at that reseller-name.com-partner. And when you need to renew domain, then you simply transfer it from name.com to that name.com-partner and vice versa. And have always a price of $ 8.99 ?
    supercyberheroes
    supercyberheroes

Post by supercyberheroes 2013-04-28, 6:10 pm

maxi wrote:
    supercyberheroes wrote:+ 8800 re sellers and partner
    supercyberheroes, thanks!

So it could be a reseller, who is a partner of name.com. Interesting, is it possible to have one account at name.com and another account at that reseller-name.com-partner. And when you need to renew domain, then you simply transfer it from name.com to that name.com-partner and vice versa. And have always a price of $ 8.99 ?

Anyone could be a re seller, I am dealing with domains since 1996, even before the biggest domains register was born: godaddy.com I used to buy domains from 1996 to 1998 at register.com from New York, this company is one of the oldest, the oldest company is networksolutions.com I almost was a reseller of register.com the deal was this: they sell you bulk price of the domains which is cheaper than the normal price, and then you could sell it for what ever the price you want (I do not not if they still are using the same deal)
    You can be a reseller at most register companies (ICANN) in fact most domains register companies are partnership or re seller, I always buy domains for an official registered domain company never for a reseller, if you want to become a re seller you can see some information here: https://partnerships.register.com/ or here: http://uk.godaddy.com/hosting/reseller-hosting.aspx

If you want to become an official register company today, you need to apply at ICANN pay fee for around $10.000 and to have a minimum capital of $70.000 and in case your business goes wrong, you need a liability insurance for $500.000 so, the insurance company can pay compensation to your customers.

Regards

www.movie.tel
    www.ideal.tel

Watch tomorrow movie.tel once update top box office, for sure iron man 3 is the #1
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-04-29, 3:43 am

supercyberheroes wrote:... I am dealing with domains since 1996
    Wow! Many .COMs were free at that time - which cost now millions and millions. If only would I knew at that time about domains ...

To be a reseller is too complicated and is not worth if you have only few domains.

I meant a simple way: to have an account at name.com and another account at that briarwoodtechnologies_com. And when at the end of a year the time will come to renew domains, to transfer them from name.com to that briarwoodtechnologies_com for the price of $ 8.99, and at the next year to thransfer them back to name.com again with a price b$ 8.99.

If this system would work, then the price always will be $ 8.99. It seems to be the cheapest of all prices for TEL.
    Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2013-04-29, 6:50 am

maxi wrote:I meant a simple way: to have an account at name.com and another account at that briarwoodtechnologies_com. And when at the end of a year the time will come to renew domains, to transfer them from name.com to that briarwoodtechnologies_com for the price of $ 8.99, and at the next year to thransfer them back to name.com again with a price b$ 8.99.
    You can't transfer a domain from briarwoodtechnologies.com to name.com, because briarwoodtechnologies.com is only one of hundred other addresses of name.com.
    Here another example: domainsite.com
    Your domains from these addresses will be managed by name.com from the beginning.
    And if you don't own hundreds of domains, it doesn't make a difference if you pay the transfer price ($8.99) or the regular price ($9.99).
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-04-29, 8:14 am

Tel, thаnks fоr clеаring thе mаttеr!

Of cоursе, оnе dоllаr lеss frоm rеnеwing оnе TEL mаkеs nо diffеrеncе аt vеry smаll аmоunts оf dоmаins оr if thе оwnеr is а rich pеrsоn whоsе timе is vеry vаluаblе. But it dеpеnds frоm а cоuntry, hоw much fеw dоllаrs аrе wоrth thеrе аnd оf а pеrsоn, hоw much his timе cоsts. Sоmеtimеs it is wоrth tо spеnd оnе оr twо hоurs оf timе fоr mаkings such trаnsfеrs аnd tо еаrn sоmе 5о bucks frоm thаt, fоr еxаmplе.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 3:13 pm