The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Transferring domains & finding "hidden" Auth Codes with Reseller/Registrar

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Transferring domains & finding "hidden" Auth Codes with Reseller/Registrar Empty Transferring domains & finding "hidden" Auth Codes with Reseller/Registrar

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 11:47 am

WilliamTelz03-09-2010 04:33 AM

Transferring domains & finding "hidden" Auth Codes with Reseller/Registrar

We have 24 Dot-Tel domains due for renewal very soon with 1 Reseller/Registrar, which we desire to transfer across to a Registrar more in tune with handling our bulk editing needs, eg. unified Username login, all domains editable after login via top-right pulldown menu.

From Whois: Our current Registrar is DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM & their website says to contact Reseller for all domain management needs, incl. Auth Codes...that we require to effect a transfer.

However, when I login to our .TEL domain account at Reseller's website I cannot find ANYWHERE to access, or even generate, Auth Codes.

Yes, I've contacted Reseller twice with no reply as yet. Anyone who's had this problem & got a simple (preferably) speedy solution, even if it's not with THIS Registrar etc, I'd really appreciate your help.

ALSO, Aled (attn. Telnic Registry), what is the correct process here for customers/clients of your hi-tech product?

Did I mention I feel thwarted by this convoluted reseller/registrar step?

In the .com & .com.au regular/old (JLouisbiz, no offense intended, I really respect your Point Of Presence) domain management world we generally haven't had this hassle.

On this issue, time is fleeting! Thanx in advance for assistance, folks.

henri03-09-2010 08:28 AM

I just did a transfer from this registrar the other day. There is field called "secret code" in your domain management area of the registrar. That's the "Auth Code". I never did contact them, i just tried that code and it worked.

JLouisBiz03-09-2010 11:02 AM

For bulk transfers, excellent support and API, with separate usernames for TELs, I can strongly recommend http://www.hexonet.net

WilliamTelz03-09-2010 02:23 PM

G'day Henri, good to hear from you, mate.

I really appreciate that bit of assistance. I'd looked all over their site, twice, had even come upon the "secret code" (oooh, sounds 007 spy-like) in another section—where it said something about an additional cost—so I'd ignored it. Now, going back in as you did, I'm seeing I can get the AuthCodes one at a time, & get my cash ready to do the transfers.

Thank you very much for that.

BTW, Henri, remember to check out my friending request to you. I'd really appreciate it; The Friend function on the forum is helping me keep track of who does what within & outside this great .TEL forum community.

Cheers

WilliamTelz03-09-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 6445)
    For bulk transfers, excellent support and API, with separate usernames for TELs, I can strongly recommend http://www.hexonet.net

[size]
    Hi again JLouisBiz,

Wow, very helpful advice. As soon as get my Auth Codes as per Henri above, I'll check out Hexonet.net because it could be exactly what I'm looking for. Geez, I'm tired, I don't know how you & the others keep up with things on the Forum while getting business profitability happening too.

Thanks very much. 11.35pm AEST in Oz so g'night for now.[/size]

mathewkeller103-13-2010 04:43 AM

thanks for the post...

marimax03-14-2010 09:48 PM

Don't be shy and tell us the name of this registar.
    I have the same problem and I'll name this bastards
    It is domainbank.com
    They don't answer their phone and don't answer emails .
    Don't do any business with them

tel4rent03-15-2010 11:02 AM

Hey Marimax,

I have the same problem with them. I am still waiting for my auth codes for 2 weeks now. And i am still waiting...........how can we pressurized them?

@telnic can you help us to get the registrar to move?

Be well.

Aled03-15-2010 11:42 AM

tel4rent, if you can send us the details to community@telnic.org with the .tel names affected, any support ticket references you have/email responses from the registrar we can follow up with them.

tel4rent03-15-2010 06:51 PM

Dear Aled,

I forwarded the info to the email mentioned below.

As always, thanks for the support.

Be well

tel4rent04-17-2010 09:04 AM

Hi Aled,

I wanted to thank you for your support in resolving my issues with domain.com and dotster. It took a while but thanks to your support (and telnic support) all my domains have been transferred. 

Also, i would like to note that name.com have been very helpful and the follow up was fantastic. The person that helped me there did a great job and if she reads this email she will recognize herself.

Note to all users transferring your domains. Please make sure you do backup all your domains before the transfer. I think the data does not get transferred with the domain. May be Aled can share some insights on it?

Be well.

Aled04-17-2010 09:34 AM

Thank you for your kind words tel4rent, I'm pleased to hear that everything is now resolved.

Yes, this is a crucial point to remember when performing a transfer. You are transferring ownership and not the content of the .tel. You must either:

- Get explicit agreement from the "old" and "new" registrar that they will also transfer the content OR
    - Perform a "Backup" at the old registrar before the transfer and then an "Upload" at the new registrar after transfer (Using the tools in the "Settings" section of the control panel)

Otherwise you will lose all the data that is in your .tel during the transfer.

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 10:03 pm