The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

5 posters

What are the reasons to buy a .tel?

HeavenAndHell
    HeavenAndHell

Warning level : 100 %

What are the reasons to buy a .tel? Empty What are the reasons to buy a .tel?

Post by HeavenAndHell 2013-04-29, 9:18 pm

1.) Easy website creation? No, pictures and videos can be inserted only by insiders.
    2.) Good search results? No, SEO for .tel isnt very good.
    3.) Cheap offer? No, other domain extensions have a similar price and a lot of website services are even for free.
    4.) Professional design? No, .tel domains look plain and immature.
    5.) Dialing abilities? No, everything you can do with a .tel, you can do with every other domain extension.
    6.) Additional features? No, no other domain extension is as limited as .tel.
    7.) Future potential? No, Telnic is doing absolutely nothing since 2 years.

Did anybody expect this condition for .tel 4 years ago?

There is a solution for every problem:

1.) Launching the promises from 2011
    2.) Adding text areas
    3.) Offering a basic service for free as 99 % of all internet services do
    4.) Delivering the Telnames style to all customers
    5.) Talking to telephone companies instead of burying the head in the sand
    6.) Stopping the narrow-minded Telnic strategy
    7.) Giving a small sign that Telnic is actually working on something

I know its impossible to get a reaction from Telnic, but does anybody dare to dial the phone numbers of justin.tel, henri.tel or kash.tel?

Perhaps we can find out why they are so stubborn and against all customers.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

What are the reasons to buy a .tel? Empty Re: What are the reasons to buy a .tel?

Post by maxi 2013-04-30, 6:59 am

HeavenAndHell wrote:Perhaps we can find out why they are so stubborn and against all customers.
    May I ask you, what is your opinion about guesses which has been made by community members some time ago in this topic: http://www.teltalk.org/t1074-after-telnic-canceled-all-work-the-only-thing-we-can-do-is-waiting#6524 ?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

What are the reasons to buy a .tel? Empty Re: What are the reasons to buy a .tel?

Post by mikeseaton 2013-04-30, 7:18 am

HeavenAndHell wrote:I know its impossible to get a reaction from Telnic, but does anybody dare to dial the phone numbers of justin.tel, henri.tel or kash.tel?
    YES - I have in the past spoken on the phone to Aled Williams, Ian Bowen-Morris, Justin Hayward and Mark Ellis about various aspects of the .tel project - there is nothing stopping anyone else clicking on the above .tel links and doing the same !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2013-04-30, 8:18 am

mikeseaton wrote:YES - I have in the past spoken on the phone to Aled Williams, Ian Bowen-Morris, Justin Hayward and Mark Ellis about various aspects of the .tel project
    Did you get any answer to the question why Telnic stopped all work?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-04-30, 8:53 am

Tim Spears wrote:
    mikeseaton wrote:YES - I have in the past spoken on the phone to Aled Williams, Ian Bowen-Morris, Justin Hayward and Mark Ellis about various aspects of the .tel project
    Did you get any answer to the question why Telnic stopped all work?
    Tim, it was some time ago that I last spoke to any of the above and that subject wasn't why I phoned.

But to me the answer to your question is fairly obvious - Telnic subdomain .tels have more or less been abandoned (cancelled roadmap, cancelled .telegraph newsletter, locked-down Telnic forum, zero marketing and promotion, no Telnic affiliate scheme, no new iPhone/Android apps, no real development any more) so that they can concentrate on the Telnames .tel product.

Actions - or lack of them - always speak louder than words !

The only real question Telnic .tel customers need to ask themselves is "What do I do now to protect my investment (or minimise my loss) of time and money spent on Telnic subdomain .tels?".

That's a question most of us who have supported Telnic from 2009 have been forced to address recently !

Boracay
    Boracay

What are the reasons to buy a .tel? Empty technology getting noticed before its used

Post by Boracay 2013-05-01, 5:37 am

when you read articles like this...

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/04/30/apple-patents-method-to-determine-the-best-way-to-contact-someone

it makes you wonder how/what/when is the potential for the .tel dns contact data (patented?) to be used?
    if certain technologies are being discussed and adopted by such major players as apple.
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2013-05-01, 6:40 am

Great find. Can it be that Telnic's concept is getting competition from Apple?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-05-01, 8:24 am

Tim Spears wrote:
    Great find. Can it be that Telnic's concept is getting competition from Apple?
    Here'a a quote from the article:

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Tuesday granted Apple a patent for a dynamic communications system that automatically selects the best method of contacting another person, be it through voice, text or email, based on a given situation.
    A couple of years or so ago Telnic's Communications Director Justin Hayward suggested the .tel data in the DNS could be used to select the best service provider to phone someone - a similar idea to Apple's patent filing.

There is an old saying - It doesn't matter how many good ideas you have, all that counts is how many you actually make happen !

Looks like another potential use of the .tel DNS data may be overtaken by the dynamic approach of one of the world's most successful companies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 4:53 pm