The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

9 Reasons For New TLD Failure - 9 Reasons for .Tel Success

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

9 Reasons For New TLD Failure - 9 Reasons for .Tel Success Empty 9 Reasons For New TLD Failure - 9 Reasons for .Tel Success

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 1:59 pm

mikeseaton11-24-2011 11:43 PM

9 Reasons For New TLD Failure - 9 Reasons for .Tel Success

Here's 9 reasons why many of the new TLDs about to be launched will fail !

Can someone please list 9 reasons why .tel will succeed ?

I just need some good news ! 

Mike Seaton

PS. The .tel extension gets a mention in reason 5.

maximka11-25-2011 12:49 AM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

telrific11-25-2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 19172)
    ... I just need some good news ! ...

[size]

"Not all TLDs will fail. But here’s why yours will." ... "... Consider .tel ..."

Ok, here's some good news - .TEL isn't failing !

:)[/size]

tindaya11-25-2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 19173)
    Here you are:

1.) If different domains want to share data with each other automatically, the infrastructure of them must be homogeneous. .tel domains are the only ones which fulfill this requirement.

2.) If you want to navigate through domains voice-controlled (e. g. with SIRI), you can do it only with .tel domains.

3.) If I want to keep an overview about all my personal login data of all websites where I am registered, where else I can save these information beside in .tel domains?

4.) If you want to open a website, instead of typing the IP address you type the domain name.
    If you want to call somebody, instead of dialing the phone number you dial the name of that person with letters in the future, too.
    Since mobile phones and internet are merging, the DNS is the perfect solution for this.

5.) Facebook with all the concerns about data privacy is scary. The better social networking will work on domain base.

6.) If you want to specify which data you want to share with others, which other tool allows you to modify the sharing of your data for every single contact different beside .tel domains?

7.) Everybody has a phone number today. In the future everybody will have also a domain name, but not everybody needs a website. For these people a .tel domain is the best fit.

8.) After full introduction of IPv6 every customer will have several IP addresses for himself, for his family, for his car, for his refrigerator, for his PC, for his cell phone, for his television and so on. You have to bundle them with your .tel domain, because it could be the only switch for all of them.

9.) 7 billion people are living on this planet. Excluding commercial domains perhaps only 1 % of them own their personal domain on the internet.
    If the other 99 % register their domain and only 1 % of them decide to choose a .tel domain, we have already 70 million .tel domains (almost as much as we have .com domains today).

But before you count on my vision above: remember this is just wishful thinking! Take it as my farewell gift!

[size]

M2M, in my home I´ll have the alarm, the TV, the frige, my car... all conect by internet, M2M, with a dottel.

Also the converge telecomunicación... In the fix, will use ENUM, in the mobile will use VoLTE, but if you want to joint the fix with the mobile, you need to use the dotte.[/size]

supercyberheroes11-25-2011 01:46 PM

We will get the full sucess when .tel get into phase2.

Regards
    http://supercyberheroes.tel
    http://businessdirect.tel

mikeseaton11-25-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 19182)
    We will get the full sucess when .tel get into phase2.

[size]
    Phase 2 depends on "critical mass", as clearly stated by Henri, to get the Telcos etc interested.

We do not have, and on current projections looks like we never will have, critical mass !

If you look at http://www.hosterstats.com/DomainNameCounts2011.php you will see that .tel registrations have reached a plateau of 300K.

Say 10% are populated that gives 30K, perhaps two-thirds have a phone number in, that gives 20K.

I would estimate that a reasonable minimum figure for critical mass is 5,000,000 registrations with a phone number present.

5,000,000 divided by 20,000 means we are 0.4 % of the way towards "critical mass" i.e. just 99.6% to go !

You can argue with the detailed figures above, but the point I am making should be absolutely clear !

THATS WHY I KEEP SAYING DRAMATIC ACTION IS REQUIRED BY TELNIC BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE !

Mike Seaton[/size]

tindaya11-25-2011 03:13 PM

this is for 2020, I have bought the domaind and will be to my children.

mikeseaton11-26-2011 07:02 PM

Total .tel Registrations 1 November 2011

The total .tel registrations figure for 1 November 2011 has just been added at http://www.hosterstats.com/DomainNameCounts2011.php.

The new total figure doesn't really change anything expressed in my post.

Mike Seaton

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 1:15 pm