The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Restore Failure

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Restore Failure Empty Restore Failure

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 8:04 am

tony mayo12-01-2012 12:59 PM

Restore Failure

I have just transferred a domain to Name and I am unable to restore 6 MB xml file.
    Getting failed message.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there a limit on file size for restore function and if so is there a way around it?
    Otherwise I will be losing an entire directory.

Any help appreciated.

Blunderer12-01-2012 01:45 PM

I've never tried to reload a transferred domain so can't offer specific help but, I have had trouble getting transferred domains to work. Speak to Name and get them to check basic functionality. That said, Boracay has had trouble reloading content, which Aled sorted out.

tony mayo12-01-2012 01:56 PM

@Blunderer
    Okay will email Name and see - but another serious drawback when you cannot seamlessly transfer your domain with as little downtime as possible.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-01-2012 02:30 PM

When you need to restore a large XML file greater than 1M I think, you need to get Telnic to do it for you. Which means backup first before moving to another registrar.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-01-2012 02:36 PM

Just remembered I wrote a custom restore for @Boracay. I'll have to update to work for your domains if you'd like?
    Mark

tony mayo12-01-2012 02:46 PM

That would be great Mark. I will have a number of large files to transfer over the coming months so a tool would be a great asset.

boracay.tel12-02-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 26201)
    That said, Boracay has had trouble reloading content, which Aled sorted out.

[size]
    Yep. I've pm'd you.
    It works what Aled wrote, you can do this yourself fairly easily, for other domains you need to move. We are talking a reduction in size of each file by as much as 50%.[/size]

dutchstreetdog12-02-2012 02:35 AM

Well i am on the point of transfering -+ 150 domains to name.com but am happy The are all empty !
    The ones i have with data i just leaf by my old provider !
    The are 5 times more excpensive but i think i made the good choise reading about restore And upload

tony mayo12-02-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 26206)
    Yep. I've pm'd you.
    It works what Aled wrote, you can do this yourself fairly easily, for other domains you need to move. We are talking a reduction in size of each file by as much as 50%.

[size]
    Thanks boracay. 

I am wondering if there is a file size limit even after reducing original size.

I have some big directories that I will be transferring over the coming months - some up to 10mbs.

However, I will try this later today and report back.[/size]

boracay.tel12-02-2012 03:40 PM

5mb was the limit I was told from memory

tony mayo12-02-2012 09:18 PM

@boracay.
    Thanks for help. Aled's method worked - it halved file size from 6 to 3MB, as you said.

5MB limit is a problem for a number of my directories.

However, Mark is also working on a tool that will hopefully do bigger file sizes.

boracay.tel12-02-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 26213)
    @boracay.
    Thanks for help. Aled's method worked - it halved file size from 6 to 3MB, as you said.

However, Mark is also working on a tool that will hopefully do bigger file sizes.

[size]
    Aled, perhaps the export command can remove the copies of the older data versions (in a future update?) I too have several bulk changes coming that I need to make by exporting and re-importing.

Thank you[/size]

supercyberheroes12-03-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 26213)
    @boracay.

[size]
    Look all the tool that Mark got on his map road, here: http://telwizards.com/ some wonderful like weather tool and vouchers

Note: weather tool was there in the telwizards, but I do not see it anymore.

Regards
    http://ideal.tel[/size]

Aled12-03-2012 09:29 AM

Tony, Boracay - Yes, 5MB is the limit, but with stripping out some of the older versions in the backup you should be able to reduce the file size by over half, if not two thirds. If you are still struggling with it, let me know. 

Thanks for the suggestions, Boracay. It's still very few cases that we get needing this, so I'm not sure if the development work is justified vs other priorities at the moment, but it's something that we'll consider.

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 9:18 pm