The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

.Tel Domains - the Future of Digital Business Cards ?

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

.Tel Domains - the Future of Digital Business Cards ?  Empty .Tel Domains - the Future of Digital Business Cards ?

Post by mikeseaton 2013-06-01, 1:42 pm

Sometimes, amongst all the clamour for new features to turn .tel into a "web site", it's easy to forget what .tel is supposed to be all about.

Check out this old interview with Kash at http://www.thestrategyweb.com/tel-domains-the-future-of-digital-business-cards-interview-with-kashayar-mahdavi-ceo-telnic-ltd and remember that .tel was designed to be a SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT LINKING TO OTHER ENTITIES, nothing more, at least until Phase 2 (using the DNS data to provide automated services) comes along !

Which is why I believe the Telnames format is the best chance for .tel to make it in the marketplace before events overtake with the introduction of the new gTLDs.

I just wish Telnames would offer all Telnic .tel registrants a no-cost (or very low-cost) way to move onto the Telnames format but stay at their existing registrar.

It's very confusing for newbies to be faced with 2 such different offerings as those from Telnic and Telnames - even more confusing when they find out they are effectively the same organisation !

Confusing potential new customers is a good way to make them go somewhere else to buy !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

.Tel Domains - the Future of Digital Business Cards ?  Empty Re: .Tel Domains - the Future of Digital Business Cards ?

Post by silvano 2013-06-01, 3:53 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Which is why I believe the Telnames format is the best chance for .tel to make it in the marketplace before events overtake with the introduction of the new gTLDs.

Hi, Mike. You're supporting the forum all alone!

220.000 "classic" .tel domains, 10.000 Telnames domains.

I dont think that Telnic will abandon the "old" tels.

Telnames pages look like an experiment done on a local basis, only in Uk, to test the reception of a new type of single page.

High price and design limitations do not work for Telnames domains.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.Tel Domains - the Future of Digital Business Cards ?  Empty Re: .Tel Domains - the Future of Digital Business Cards ?

Post by mikeseaton 2013-06-01, 5:02 pm

silvano wrote:
    mikeseaton wrote:Which is why I believe the Telnames format is the best chance for .tel to make it in the marketplace before events overtake with the introduction of the new gTLDs.
    Hi, Mike. You're supporting the forum all alone!
    Hi Silvano,

It does feel like that - let's just say I've had a bit of time to spare in the last week as my girlfriend has been away looking after her brother's farm to give him and his wife a well deserved break !

But back to business - if Telnic/Telnames can't get their act together over what is a VERY GOOD CONCEPT that has been BADLY EXECUTED then I am sure that others will - perhaps TelCP - perhaps Mark - perhaps Me ?

TIME WILL .TEL !

GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2013-06-02, 9:09 am

mikeseaton wrote: ... remember that .tel was designed to be a SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT LINKING TO OTHER ENTITIES, nothing more ..

Yeah, Telnic just never followed through on a REAL single point of contact FOR everyone's single point of contact ... a REAL directory.

Imagine if Yellow Pages just sold a web address to it's customers and said "good luck" to them. Yellow Pages would be useless.

Imagine if Yellow Pages sold a listing as a web address to it's customers, but told everyone where they could all be found, you know a REAL listing that is the business card style listing, without a bunch of subdomain GARBAGE, just a nice listing in a nice directory.

Oh wait, they do and people use them by the millions.

What if you had a better listing as a web address that was a single page business card style listing in a great directory for them?

Oh wait, there is one, Telnames, but it's still a useless address and a "good luck" to it's registrants - with no directory for their potential customers.

You would be much better off getting a cheap .com and forwarding it to a FREE business card style listing in Yellow Pages.

At least it's a tld and a directory that people respect around the world.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-06-02, 5:34 pm

@GoTel

Yes I agree - .tel is of limited value without a Tel Global Directory - according to this Telnic page one already exists ("Join the world's only Real-Time Global Directory") - but where exactly is this Global Directory to be found ?

You know what they say:

You can fool some of the people all of the time.

You can fool all of the people some of the time.

But you can't fool all of the people all of the time !

PS. Here's a good example of a UK-based business service directory - I've used it many times myself to find reliable tradesmen.
    GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2013-06-03, 7:47 pm

mikeseaton wrote:PS. Here's a good example of a UK-based business service directory - I've used it many times myself to find reliable tradesmen.

With Trust and Reputation in the toilet after 4+ years, Telnic has a long road ahead for any plans ....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 3:02 am