The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel Business Cards

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel Business Cards Empty .tel Business Cards

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:18 pm

nadya05-27-2010 11:58 AM

.tel Business Cards

Logos change, company names and addresses change, mobile phones and job titles certainly change - so your name is about the only information you can rely on within reason (young engaged ladies and criminals on the run excluded). So, what do you put on your business card? What do you tell people when they want to stay in touch? 

A business card that only has your name and .tel will never become out of date as long as your .tel is yours - which can be forever. Is that enough? Would you put your photo or logo on the card as well, to make it visual and recognizable? A QR code, to match the recent tendencies? A comment to explain what your .tel is, an umbrella website address that you trust to be around for long enough? Perhaps, business cards are doomed anyway, so you stopped printing yours when you got a .tel? Let's share! 

We've seen people share their .tel-powered business cards in different threads on this forum, and elsewhere. Let's gather them here to exchange the best designs and original ideas.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-27-2010 01:46 PM

http://www.telvisitors.com/images/kprobe.png

Created via www.bizcards.tel, printed via Zazzle.
    Mark

dialaroom05-27-2010 05:20 PM

http://dialaroomdottel.co.uk/businesscard.jpg
    I use these, they have just the url, QR-code and Microsoft Tag on back, will change to just Business name, strapline, Logo, and URL next time. 

I hand them out and pin them to noticeboards, no measured feedback yet, I also send subscribers a QR-code and Microsft Tag with the url underneath to put in their window. No one has yet. In these early days, I think you have to have cards, business cards that is. 

I wouldn't have them for a personal .tel, I think it would seem strange if a person gave me a card, with his .tel on it and nothing else.

telrific05-27-2010 07:37 PM

tel-Card ! Personal or Business !

[url=http://www.4localtv.com/tel-card/sample/image/jane smith.bmp]http://www.4localtv.com/tel-card/sam...ne%20smith.bmp[/url]

[url=http://www.4localtv.com/tel-card/sample/image/genuine supply company.bmp]http://www.4localtv.com/tel-card/sam...%20company.bmp[/url]

tel-Card !

LickMyTag.com !

Yes, it's a real term ... Urban Dictionary !

:cool:

dialaroom05-27-2010 08:03 PM

Really good, telrific, I'll definitely go to tel-card next time.

telrific05-27-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 9128)
    Really good, telrific, I'll definitely go to tel-card next time.

[size]
    Thanks for the kind words, I thought they were very fitting as a standard.

:)[/size]

TelRise06-02-2010 09:33 PM

Here's mine from the day job, (also posted elsewhere on this forum);
    http://twitpic.com/18y7uo

As it is early days yet for this stuff, not many people are going to risk putting only their .tel on a personal card. A step in the right direction might be a card with;

• Name
    • Mobile number
    • Name.tel

[size]

When mobile internet is widely used, the mobile number can be left out.[/size]

telrific06-03-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TelRise (Post 9185)
    ... As it is early days yet for this stuff, not many people are going to risk putting only their .tel on a personal card. A step in the right direction might be a card with ..

[size]
    Putting anything other than a .tel and the tag/code is the only real risk.

If I hand a card to someone with anything more, and then something changes, but they decide to try it anyway ... there's the risk.

If I call a telephone number, but it's changed, I would assume the card is no good and toss it. Hello, this is the whole point of having .tel alone.

With .tel and the code only, getting a card tossed will never happen if used properly.

Putting only the .tel/code also gets people in the habit of doing the intelligent thing, using .tel alone because that is all that is needed to prevent risk !

:)[/size]

TelRise06-04-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 9193)
    Putting anything other than a .tel and the tag/code is the only real risk.

If I hand a card to someone with anything more, and then something changes, but they decide to try it anyway ... there's the risk.

If I call a telephone number, but it's changed, I would assume the card is no good and toss it. Hello, this is the whole point of having .tel alone.

With .tel and the code only, getting a card tossed will never happen if used properly.

Putting only the .tel/code also gets people in the habit of doing the intelligent thing, using .tel alone because that is all that is needed to prevent risk !

[size]
    I see your point. Half measures could do more harm than good. It was just an idea for people afraid to take the leap, before mobile internet use is the norm. But let's stamp on that idea.[/size]

telrific06-04-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TelRise (Post 9226)
    I see your point. Half measures could do more harm than good. It was just an idea for people afraid to take the leap, before mobile internet use is the norm. But let's stamp on that idea.

[size]
    Yeah, that was my only point, more harm than good by mixing or muting the point.

The best idea is to give people a standard business card, and a second .tel card, and tell them: 

"The .tel card is for people who are using modern technology."

;)[/size]

Leskovac08-24-2010 02:34 PM

http://leskovac.org/visitcardleskovactel.jpg

marimax08-25-2010 01:55 PM

Sorry if you don't like my opinion but you card is ugly.The most important part is right on top and barely visible.
    If you have .tel why include your email and the telephone number ?
    The whole point of having .tel is that you can change your contact details without printing a new business card and in your case you will have to print another batch of cards if you change your telephone number or your email

Leskovac08-25-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 10761)
    Sorry if you don't like my opinion but you card is ugly.The most important part is right on top and barely visible.
    If you have .tel why include your email and the telephone number ?
    The whole point of having .tel is that you can change your contact details without printing a new business card and in your case you will have to print another batch of cards if you change your telephone number or your email

[size]
    That's your opinion. I do not intend to change my phone number and email address. Why do I have to published a new business card? In my opinion, should have most of the data for the contact card. Have you scanned QR Code?[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 5:28 pm