The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+8
Telminator
Sunrise
Rambo
Moonlight
Tel
mikeseaton
Alex
JLouisBiz
12 posters

TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains

Poll

Does TEL domain absorbs?

[ 1 ]
    TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains Bar_left9%TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 0 ]
    TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains Bar_left0%TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains Bar_left0%TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 10 ]
    TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains Bar_left91%TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains Bar_right [91%] 

Total Votes: 11
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Hobbies : Buying gold
    Warning level : 75 %

TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains Empty TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-12, 3:56 pm

Anyone may see by checking out the WHOIS information, that this domain CORPORACION.TEL is valid domain.

However, it does not work for days, and it does not respond to DNS queries at all. TELNIC is unreliable company offering and promising services which they cannot really maintain. The number of people within TELNIC is unable to handle all the mistakes they make in their programming and they have incompetent server administrators.

Now, this all is not at all exaggerated. I am not speaking about one domain. There are numerous other affected domains, and people are simply too stupid to complain when it happens.

Domains such as:

ARBEITER.TEL
    APOTEKE.TEL
    AERODROM.TEL
    CROSKIPPER.TEL

They are all affected.

Now, there is whole BUNCH of affected domains. TOBUY.TEL and EIENDOMSMEGLER.TEL and TOSELL.TEL and TOMAKE.TEL

and SO ON AND SO ON AND SO ON.

TELNIC is nothing but a bunch of [Inappropriate words deleted! - The admin].

Although it is clear that THEIR DNS servers FAILED, they still claim in their e-mails how it is not THEIR servers.

However NIC.TEL domain which holds DNS servers for all TEL domain is registered exactly to TELNIC, so it IS THEIR servers which fail and fail and fail.

Now, someone tells me TEL domain does not absorb??? TEL absorbs and it absorbs BIG TIME.

Who can or want to check out that TEL domain absorbs, may check here:
    http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=dnsrec&host=offshore-services.tel

As it will give at this time: DNS server FAILURE error message. And WHOIS will show that domain has been PAID and that it shall work:
    http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=whois&host=offshore-services.tel

NOW IMAGINE IF YOU HAVE WHO KNOWS 50-100 DOMAINS WHICH absorb LIKE THIS!! LOSS OF TRAFFIC ON INTERNET, LOSS OF CLIENTS AND LOSS OF PROFITS. We have over here families which eat and change baby diapers which live out of our Internet traffic.

And TELNIC? Does not give a pie.

Hello,

Further to my previous response, we have contacted your provider and they are
    currently working to resolve this issue for you. To confirm, this is not a DNS
    issue which is affecting your names. If you require further details, please
    contact your provider directly.

Kind Regards,

Telnic Support

On Mon Jun 11 13:03:01 2012, support1 (at) thetabiz.com wrote:
    > Hello Incompetence,
    >
    > Whole list of TEL domains has been sabotaged for days and blocked on your
    > TELNIC side.
    >
    > For example: offshore-services.tel
    >
    > I will ask soon for the damages caused by your failure of service.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > THETABIZ S.A.
    Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains Empty Re: TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains

Post by Alex 2012-06-13, 2:02 pm

The discussion about inappropriate language I have moved into the fitting forum section:

Internal Forum Topics
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains Empty Re: TEL absorbs big time - DNS failure on mass number of domains

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-14, 9:16 am

Dear Jean Louis,

I just checked your domains this morning and they seem to be resolving again so
    I am pleased that your provider has been able to solve your issue.

I noticed that you have been making a certain number of incorrect claims about
    this recent problem. The issue at stake has nothing to do with Telnic's DNS
    servers. The proof of this is very simple: only some of the domains
    administered by your provider have been affected. If it were a DNS issue many
    more domains and many more providers would have been affected.

If you wish to have a more detailed technical explanation of your problem I
    would briefly describe it in the following terms:

-Your provider is responsible for managing the partitions containing their
    customer accounts and for creating the necessary zones for each .tel within
    their various partitions.

- Your specific provider has a number of partitions which they are in the
    process of amalgamating by migrating some customers and their associated .tels.

- This migration includes the creation of accounts in a new partition and the
    migration of content from "old" accounts to new ones.

- It is during this migration process, under the sole responsibility of your
    provider, that the problem concerning your domains occurred.

On receiving your original mail reporting this issue, we immediately contacted
    your provider, letting them know that the issue was likely to be the result of
    their migration process and offering any assistance that they needed to resolve
    the problem.

We, of course, have all the internal logs and correspondence relating to this
    issue and would be very pleased to share them with your lawyers if you are kind
    enough to forward us their contact details.

Finally, you have been making and spreading a certain number of false claims
    relating to this issue and the capabilities of Telnic's staff which at this
    point are both defamatory and libellous. You have intentionally spread these
    claims through social networks and specifically tagged blog posts with keywords
    that are intended to promote this information in search. We therefore request
    that you correct these articles, remove the defamatory information and keywords
    in order to rectify this situation and contact the forums that you have spread
    this information on requesting that they take this information down if you are
    unable to do so. You are also not authorized to use any trademarked or
    copyrighted materials belonging to Telnic, so again, please take down or remove
    anything, including logos incorporated into any artwork you have produced, with
    immediate effect.

Kind Regards,

Aled

Hello,

No way we are going to take down anything we have written!

Your reaction and solution to the problem came only after the complaint to you and after I have publicized that your DNS servers did not respond to queries, for which I have enough evidences.

It is your responsibility as registry to organize functional system, but if it is not your matter to be solved, then you should not have been answering.

TELNIC as company is incompetent in providing a functional service. Otherwise, it would not need 10 days or more to have domains working. BTW, they are "responding" as you say, but they are for me still inaccessible, and I have no control over them.

You do not need to explain me unfounded contractual obligation between you and my providers whoever you refer to.

The fact is TRUE and has been RECORDED:

My domain CORPORACION.TEL and other 950 pages on multiple other TEL domains did not work for days;
    My domain CORPORACION.TEL has been assigned DNS servers, being all on the domain NIC.TEL
    NIC.TEL belongs to TELNIC
    ALL DNS servers are ownership of TELNIC;
    TELNIC's DNS servers stopped responding to queries;
    And I am customer who paid for service and who deserves the service;
    I don't loving care about your complaints and irresponsibility issues;
    I have not YET got the service in function, my domains are yet in MALFUNCTION;
    The fact is that TEL DOMAINS absorb!

Have a nice day!
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-14, 4:01 pm

Hello,

Please find below our point-by-point response to your statements, some of which
    are factually incorrect and thus untrue:

1) As we explained in the previous email, if your domains are not working it is
    the responsibility of your provider. We do not provide Registrar services to
    customers and do not access your service provider's TelHosting partition. We
    also informed you that it was their responsibility to resolve this issue, as
    you had written to us to finally highlight an issue with your service provider,
    at which point we contacted them to resolve this. If you have further
    complaints about this issue you should contact them.

2) True

3) True

4) True

5) False. The DNS queries are working fine for zones hosted on our server,
    however since your provider had removed the zone file then any DNS queries
    would correctly return a refused response. In regards to further details only
    your provider can explain why and how your zone files have been changed.

6) True, but your contract is with your service provider and/or Registrar, and
    not with Telnic, the Registry Operator. In this instance your service provider
    has the sole responsibility for resolving your problem as they provide the
    service to you, not Telnic.

7) You should care about our warnings. Your behaviour is defamatory and
    libelous and we are asking you for the last time to correct the false
    information you are deliberately spreading about Telnic, its service, staff and
    related companies.

Please contact your service provider. The solution rests with them.

9) Your expressed opinion does not match your actions nor your continued use of
    the .tel service. We also note conflicting blog posts, social media pages and
    other materials you have written which do not support your current assessment
    that .tel absorbs. We can only assume therefore that you are being deliberately
    provocative in order to generate publicity for yourself. If you did believe
    this, we would see your .tel domains being deleted from the zone file rather
    than the additional two registrations made between 10th and 12th June.

10) Please provide us with the name of your lawyers as our attorneys would like
    to instigate a discussion with them.

Following this email, we will no longer respond directly to your requests for
    any service issues given the confusion our attempts to provide you with support
    have caused you. In future, you should work through your domain provider, whom
    I am sure will contact us if there are any issues that we can help them
    resolve.

Aled

Hello,

And thank you for intentions to support, though there is not yet any result, as I have no control over our TEL domains.

But we really do not ask for explanations, nor background and how it works.

Although we did not pay directly to you, you should know that we did pay for the service. Although you claim not to be responsible and claim how it is responsibility of registrar, you have the ultimate responsibility by having the paramount control over the registrars and DNS servers. How it works in the background, that is your pie to handle. And you are not handling it good enough to say that your product works. Do you know that most of web hosting providers offer 99% reliability. Loosing so many days with loss of service due to non-responsive DNS servers, owned by TELNIC, is certainly considerably lesser than 99% reliability. I am not aware that I have ever placed any "defamatory" comment, nor libelous statements. You cannot compete to majority of the web hosting registrars, but you find it proper to harass me over private email just to remove some unrelated comment of ours somewhere on Internet? I am shaking in my boots. There is no way I am going to remove anything. If censoring is your only remedy for failures on your side, so be it.

We are not going to ask you money, if that is the reason why you justify that DNS servers, which are under your ownership, do not function properly. Why they do not function, I don't give a pie. They did not function and that is all I have seen and evidently you are hard to grasp that fact, but I don't mind as long as TEL domains function, yet there is more to wait, as my username and password do not work any more, since days and days. If nothing happens within short time, the responsible party will be found and damages requested.

How about getting things right and having your "innovative product" FUNCTIONAL and WORKING? Think about that, instead of harassing the repeating customer.

And thanks for letting me know that with TELNIC I have no privacy whatsoever, as you certainly know how "I did register the TEL domains between 10th and 12th June". So what?

And for your "not responding", well it is not surprising due to the "terrible amount of effort" that you have put into satisfying support requests: closing your public forum from the public eyes tells the best what you are doing for the community.

JLouis

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-06-14, 5:38 pm

One thing that comes out of the above is how much easier it would be for everyone if the TelHosting was handled by just one organisation, with perhaps a small annual fee charged by the registrar to cover their cost of purchasing this service.

I (along with others posting on the Telnic forum) have had issues, particulary with expiring domains where the link to the previous owner's CTH remains even after you have purchased the domain (this can of course be before the official drop date/time).

I have managed to get these issues resolved satisfactorily by the registrar, but it would save time (and time is money) not to have to deal with the problem in the first place.

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2012-06-18, 8:47 am

In case you haven't seen my question yet:
    Tel wrote:Hello Jean Louis, How do you want to proof the malfunction which you have experienced? And how do you numeralize the appeared damages?
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-18, 9:05 am

Yes I have the proof of the malfunction, sure.

For days, probably 10-15 days or more, about 950 TEL pages, consisting of about 40-50 TEL domains (I did not count) which use TELNIC DNS servers NIC.TEL: did not respond on any requests, and website was not accessible and DNS queries were rejected or not available at all. I had no access to domains. After several days of malfunction I have reported this to my registrar. They did not make it better after many days, so I reported to TELNIC.

DNS servers are TELNIC's ownership:

Name Server: A0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
    Name Server: D0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
    Name Server: N0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
    Name Server: S0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
    Name Server: T0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL

And after I reported to TELNIC they claimed ultimately being not responsible for the case, IMO? and claimed it is fault on registrar not on them, but why would I care of technical matters, all I know is that domains did not work, and that it was TELNIC's DNS servers. Why would I care about TELNIC's internal organization which certainly is incompetent to have a working product.

The ultimate organization lies on the registry. If they have organized a product that it CAN fail, it will fail and so it does.

As of now, I have no access to my domains, now being about 20 days or more, that I cannot change, nor control anything on my domains.

Almost every day I am opening a new support ticket at my registrar.

You have enough proof on this thread, as that is email from TELNIC's "tech" guy Aled, or Alex, whatever, telling me how my registrar solved the issue.

Yes, domains appear now on Internet, but I have no access to them.

The deal I am getting over my domains, are in millions. Of course, the registrar and registry TELNIC they all have this Limitation of Liability Clauses in their product terms. But the product MUST function.

http://about.me is alternative to TEL domains, it works better, it is free of charge, offers mobile website, pictures, videos, links, contacts and free business cards too.

But waste number of TEL domains we have to renew due to the links and visitors we get over them.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-18, 9:23 am

TelAbsorbs wrote:As of now, I have no access to my domains, now being about 20 days or more, that I cannot change, nor control anything on my domains.

Almost every day I am opening a new support ticket at my registrar.
    This point I don't understand. Your registrar just has to initiate the creation of the TelZone again.

If the old (damaged) TelZone blocks the new creation, Telnic should be able to correct the data stock which should be happen within a few hours only.

Also this situation has happened to many customers, I've never heard before the problem wasn't solved latest after a few days.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-18, 9:41 am

Please find some inside directly from Telnic about the reasons for the problem Jean Louis is experiencing in this topic:

Who will be the first registrar to offer...
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-18, 10:23 am

Reasons or justifications....
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post by Moonlight 2012-08-10, 6:59 am

I want to warn you against the member JLouisBiz.
    Of course his name Jean Louis is only a pseudonym.
    He is very well known in the community and was banned from Telnic’s forum for good reasons.
    His character is impulsive, obsessive, aggressive and completely immature!
    Since .tel has launched in the year 2009 he has tried to destroy the image of Telnic wherever he can.
    I don’t understand any of his actions and the reasons for his behavior are unknown.
    I recommend not taking any of his remarks seriously or trustworthy!

And now for the inevitable upcoming speculation: No, I'm not connected with Telnic!
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Rambo 2012-08-10, 7:32 am

Moonlight wrote:Since .tel has launched in the year 2009 he has tried to destroy the image of Telnic wherever he can.
    Not only that! Jean Louis is famous for another reason: He is also known for large quantities of copyright infringements.
    He built the platform tel-4.com which is closed in the meantime. This website hijacked the contents from numerous developed .tels and used it for its own purposes.
    He is probably the most hated person related to .tel!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-08-10, 8:19 am

Rambo wrote:He built the platform tel-4.com which is closed in the meantime. This website hijacked the contents from numerous developed .tels and used it for its own purposes.
    Rambo,

Re Tel-4.com Jean Louis is totally legal and there is no copyright infringement at all.

What you have to understand is that placing .Tel data in the DNS - the heart of the internet that enables web addressing to function - is completely different to building and hosting your own web site on your own (or rented) server.

THE INTERNET'S DNS IS OPEN TO EVERYONE TO READ AND USE THE DATA FREELY PLACED THERE WITHOUT SEEKING ANYONE'S PERMISSSION - CHECK THE ICANN T & C IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT ABOUT THIS !

If this was not the case, then every time you entered an alphanumeric web address your ISP would need the site owner's permission to read the DNS to convert it to a numeric IP address in order to access the hosting server and web site !

Why do you think Telnic has never taken action against Jean Louis - they could easily have blocked him technically ?

Simple answer - Phase 2 of .Tel involves organisations reading the DNS to extract data and display it however they choose - which is exactly what Jean Louis has been doing !

Stop free access to the DNS data and you destroy the whole reason that .Tel was created for in the first place !

Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2012-08-10, 10:36 am

mikeseaton wrote:Re Tel-4.com Jean Louis is totally legal and there is no copyright infringement at all.
    I doubt that. If somebody copies or frames data from other websites without permission, it is violation of copyright; doesn’t matter what technology has been used. But this should be judged by a court. In the past Mr. Louis stole data also from my website. If he wouldn’t have only a faked location in Panama, I would have sued him.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-08-10, 11:36 am

Sunrise wrote:
    mikeseaton wrote:Re Tel-4.com Jean Louis is totally legal and there is no copyright infringement at all.
    I doubt that. If somebody copies or frames data from other websites without permission, it is violation of copyright; doesn’t matter what technology has been used.
    When you read the internet's DNS to get .Tel data to display you are NOT copying or framing a web site !

The .Tel data in the DNS is raw data that has been entered into the internet's infrastructure that ICANN decrees is available for all to use without seeking permission.

Don't worry if you don't get it at first - it can take a while to get your head round this crucial difference between .Tel and all other domain extensions on the internet !

Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post by Telminator 2012-08-10, 2:08 pm

@Mike

You are definitely right from the technical point of view, but does this affect the legal treatment of the data?
    Does it really make a difference if I store public accessible data inside of the HTML code for my common website, on a public forum (depending on those forum rules), inside of a printed magazine, a public board outside of the internet or inside the DNS (like it is the case for .tel)?
    Am I'm not still the legal owner of all these examples (including .tel)?
    (I know if I'm publishing anything on Facebook, I convey my rights to Facebook, but that is an exception depending on their terms of use.)
    If I write a comment / my personal opinion on my .tel, does it give others automatically the right to display this on their website? What is the legal base for that?
    I really don't know, therefore my question!
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-08-10, 5:22 pm

Not directed at me but I'd like to comment anyway...
    If I write a comment / my personal opinion on my .tel, does it give others automatically the right to display this on their website? What is the legal base for that?
    In UK courts it's classed as published material? thus subject to the law as is "naughty chat!" over skype or another instant messenger (just had a ruling on it by the same judge that allegedly exposed himself on a train) thus you can get in trouble for both depending on intent, but if anyone was to frame your data in a website that stated you was "bad X or bad Y" you'd obviously be protected by defamation/libel laws to the extent the law provides as long as it was false and sometimes perhaps true depending on the framing and what's going on around it eg a legal case or any injunction by a court.
    I think defamation/libel would also extend towards alleging and framing the data with the alleged crime, if we ever end up in a bigger police state and everyone is required to have a .tel for identification purposes I don't see why it should not be ok to frame some of your data should you have committed an offense and need to be found, think .tel wanted posters but that is all is 1984 room 101... so I won't think about that further right now.
    But my general understanding is that .tel is a free for all but with in legal boundaries of common sense, you can't just take and frame data in such a way that would be clear defamation/libel but a person who was say taking part in a protest or running a website that highlights a public issue could frame the contact data as such if it was based on truth, think politicians etc when classed as a public figure which is subject to it's own rules with in reason the ability for people to do things with your data you didn't expect increases in likelihood, so you can't expect people to not publish what you said on your .tel as it's publicly associable data, same with twitter and an open facebook.
    But we should be pushing for the standard that if you publish something we accept that it becomes "accredited data" thus it can be deemed truth via a .tel lookup and I hope with more data squeezed into notepad format and other compressed proxy formats we will be able to use .tel as an web accreditation for what we want to publish about ourselves and to whom has the legal right to display it after granted access to it.
    So public is public if you don't want people using it then encrypt it aka make it private and make an app that can access it and frame the data otherwise you're building part of the "accredited web!" aka attributed data.

Last edited by fustachio.tel on 2012-08-10, 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-08-10, 5:25 pm

Moonlight wrote:I want to warn you against the member JLouisBiz.
    Of course his name Jean Louis is only a pseudonym.
    He is very well known in the community and was banned from Telnic’s forum for good reasons.
    His character is impulsive, obsessive, aggressive and completely immature!
    Since .tel has launched in the year 2009 he has tried to destroy the image of Telnic wherever he can.
    I don’t understand any of his actions and the reasons for his behavior are unknown.
    I recommend not taking any of his remarks seriously or trustworthy!

And now for the inevitable upcoming speculation: No, I'm not connected with Telnic!

Wow, I am impressed. "Moonlight", an anonymous user, with the first post, warning against me and telling the public how my name is only pseudonym. So be it if you like, and thanks for reminding me to turn on again the tel-4.com project, as I turned it off temporarily, it was taking too many server resources.

Anyway, the software project is free, to be downloaded here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/teldomainproxy/

So, everybody can adapt this software, to use the public DNS servers from TELNIC and to provide the information which is provided in the DNS system on TEL domains. Of course, newest versions of my really amateurish Perl modules are available directly from me, and free of charge. Who wishes to implement ALL TEL DOMAINS on his domain, just get in touch with me.

By registering the TEL domain, a user gives up all his rights to TELNIC, which in turn, gives all the possibility to THIRD parties, such as any company I may control, or anybody else, to publish such content in any way they like. I have enough quoted statements from public officials from TELNIC stating this is true. So, how about making some smart argument instead of bitchy whining on the forum, dear Moonlight.

The agreement for TEL domain, clearly states:
    http://www.mydomain.com/legal/legal_domain.bml

Domain Name Holder expressly consents to the use of the Content by Telnic and its service providers to provide the Services, to conduct analyses related to the Services, and as otherwise described in Telnic's posted privacy policy (http://telnic.com/legal.html).

Pity, but TELNIC does not really maintain their "legal" link and content has somewhat changed, it relates to their website, so registrars are referencing incorrectly.

Let us take those mobile applications, such as these: http://telnic.com/tour-mobile-presence.html they also use the DNS content to display the contact information. The whole purpose of TEL domain is not publishing your poems, but the contact information. It is the global phone book. You can have your trademark, copyrights, whatsoever on your TEL domain, but by using the service, you give the rights to TELNIC to publish the information as they like it.

So, by using TEL domain, by publishing your information, and by third parties publishing your information as they deem as appropriate, YET NOBODY is infringing on your rights, as you gave your permission by reading or not reading the TERMS of the TEL DOMAIN registration agreement.

And in turn, TELNIC is giving the information through the DNS to any third party to use, publish and otherwise sort, or integrate information into any kind of applications, software, whatsoever.

That is nice, but also stupid, IMHO. That is why I have published the software so that everybody is able to replicate the information which is stored in the DNS.

And now everybody may find their TEL domain published on: http://tinyurl.com/cj8tnwe

By the way, if you have something to handle with me personally, how about face to face?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-08-10, 6:55 pm

One other point to bear in mind - think about the business objectives that you are trying to achieve.

If the purpose of publishing business information is to get it in front of as many potential customers as possible, wouldn't it be nice if someone would do this FREE OF CHARGE for you - instead of you having to fork out for Pay Per Click charges etc ?

That's precisely what happens when organisations read the DNS for your .Tel and then publish the information you entered in the format they choose - you are getting publicity for your business activities, with someone else doing the work, at ZERO COST to you !

Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post by Telminator 2012-08-11, 5:33 am

This discussion is very interesting. Thanks for bringing it up.
    I see there are advantages (promotion at no charge) and disadvantages (no control about distribution) for free accessibility of data.
    Unfortunately I don't see the legal basis clarified so far.
    When I read the statement above it seems third party providers are not allowed to use data from every .tel domain:
    Domain Name Holder expressly consents to the use of the Content by Telnic and its service providers to provide the Services, to conduct analyses related to the Services, and as otherwise described in Telnic's posted privacy policy (http://telnic.com/legal.html).
    The reason for this regulation is easy to understand, because Telnic uses the data for their search engine Telpages.com and for that Telnic needs the access.
    But this paragraph doesn't include third party providers not connected to Telnic, so the same rules as for other domain extensions should apply. Hence framing .tel domains on other websites can be considered as crime.
    Am I'm right or wrong?
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Rambo 2012-08-11, 6:22 am

JLouisBiz wrote:And now everybody may find their TEL domain published on: http://tinyurl.com/cj8tnwe
    This is great! With it you just deliver a lot of good reasons for litigation!
    JLouisBiz wrote:By the way, if you have something to handle with me personally, how about face to face?
    Great idea! Please provide a real postal address of yours, so we can fight this through! And don't tell me you really live in Panama! Probably there is a reason why you are hiding!
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2012-08-11, 7:02 am

Besides the question about the legal background, there is another even more important point to consider.
    The intention of JLouis is clearly to damage the business of anybody who is dealing with .tel.
    As you can see from his past posts on this / other forums as well as from all his websites his intention is only bringing disrepute to Telnic and even to registrants.

We can only speculate what is his real motivation, but for sure the technology of .tel is a thorn in his side.
    He can be (or work for) a competitor of Telnic who wants to fight against the success of .tel or he can be just obsessed with an activity normal people can’t understand.
    Whatever it is, for sure he won’t tell us!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-08-11, 9:11 am

Telminator wrote:Hence framing .tel domains on other websites can be considered as crime. Am I'm right or wrong?
    You may well be right about "Framing", but as I pointed out before...

NO FRAMING IS TAKING PLACE WHEN A SOFTWARE APPLICATION READS DATA FROM THE INTERNET'S DNS !

Again I repeat...

TELNIC HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST JEAN LOUIS SINCE HE IS DOING PRECISELY WHAT .TEL WAS DESIGNED FOR !

If you don't like the .Tel concept (known as Phase 2) it's pointless registering a .Tel domain in the first place !

Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2012-08-11, 9:34 am

mikeseaton wrote:NO FRAMING IS TAKING PLACE WHEN A SOFTWARE APPLICATION READS DATA FROM THE INTERNET'S DNS !
    The website behind following link is not framing?????
    JLouisBiz wrote:And now everybody may find their TEL domain published on: http://tinyurl.com/cj8tnwe
    mikeseaton wrote:TELNIC HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST JEAN LOUIS SINCE HE IS DOING PRECISELY WHAT .TEL WAS DESIGNED FOR !
    How you can take action against somebody who is hiding behind faked identities? It's not easy to catch a ghost!
    And who is the aggrieved party? It's not Telnic, but the people who registered and published .tels. Only they have interest to fight against him.
    But when JLouis steals data, it is always the concern of people who have been robbed, not the concern of the registry.

mikeseaton wrote:If you don't like the .Tel concept (known as Phase 2) it's pointless registering a .Tel domain in the first place !
    I don't have anything against this concept, but against the business practice of JLouis using other people data to bring disrepute to the original .tel owner! That is reputational damage!
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2012-08-11, 9:48 am

JLouis owns the domain tel-sucks.com.
    For people who try to find out the real identity of JLouis, the domain telsucks.com is registered for the following person:
    TERRESTRIAL HOLDINGS LLC
    Terrestrial Holdings LLC ()
    +1.4074019785
    Fax: +1.4074019785
    PO BOX 162382
    N/A
    ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL 32716-2382
    US
    Perhaps worth a try!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 10:53 am