The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Script for mass sale of Dot Tel and other domains

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Script for mass sale of Dot Tel and other domains Empty Script for mass sale of Dot Tel and other domains

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:21 am

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 03:37 PM

Script for mass sale of Dot Tel and other domains

2 Attachment(s)
    I have just realized that for those with bunch of domains, including myself, it would be useful to have a small script which would recognize the domain and provide price, currency and few links for immediate purchases for example by credit cards or Paypal or other payment systems.

As I have already mentioned here, it is possible to place advertising by using command line Perl script on Dot Tel domains. 

Now, imagine you have 100 different Dot Tel domains, you would run the script automatically on the list of domains and place there some advertising similar like on the right side of this sample Dot Tel domain.

This idea is more for those which sell domains. You would place "Domain on Sale" ad on each of your domains. And within the script, you would define the prices for those domains. Once somebody clicks on your Dot Tel, visitor would see that it is for sale and would click there to purchase or review. 

The result would be based on the template, which would show him the domain name, the correct price and link for direct purchase, such as credit card link or Paypal link or similar.

I am attaching both, the template, and the Perl script which can be installed on some server. It is up to the user to make their own template. It should be clear from inside on how to customize it or where to place those variables such as {$dotteldomain} or {$price} or {$currency}.

If someone would be interested to place such advertising on hundreds of Dot Tel domains, for purpose of the sales, I am willing to do that for US $1 per domain and to customize the template as you wish, so that user can go to payment or to contact page, as you wish. Programming available as well.

Click on Adresar.Tel on the "PURCHASE THIS DOMAIN" to see the blank example of the idea. Imagine you have 100 domains with various prices and you wish to enable clients to simply click and purchase the domain.

mactel12-27-2009 06:32 PM

Fantastic!

If I understand correctly, than this method and these cripts are only for users using either MacOS or Linux.
    Please correct me, if I should be wrong.
    Anyway: For me, it is a real gift, as I am a Linux user, working with Linux operations sistems, only.

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 06:39 PM

Well, these scripts are in Perl, and Perl works on all operating systems including Windows. But this script is for public web server, you install it on public web server together with your template. I am making exactly that on my side. Then you have ad on Dot Tel, you click it, and you come to page "Buy THISDOTTEL.TEL for US $200", including the link to credit card processing. So, you get one script, which knows which domain the click come from and how much is the domain price.

The first script, to push advertising into that, can be used to push advertising automatically to 100 such domains. Advertising could be also customized, instead of "Purchase This Domain", you could have "Purchase Domain.Tel".

This is web based script, the previous one, from yesterday is local script.

Perl works on anything: Windows, Linux, MacOS. But every Windows server has also Perl installed. At least I am convinced so. See example, search for "Perl".

This web script idea is simple. But it could be used for something else too.

Once could make an ad: "Advertise Here", and by clicking on the ad, one would come to payment, then immediately to advertising form and ad could appear almost instantly on the Dot Tel domain. Click, buy, advertise. In that manner.

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 07:16 PM

Here is what I am talking about. See the ad on right side of this domain TO-BUY.TEL and click on it, you land on the buying page, click on the Google Checkout button and you are redirected to purchase the domain.

Easy?

It is possible to place advertising on each Dot Tel domain, to redirect to payment, entry of advertisement, and immediate placement on the Dot Tel domain. I can imagine the directory of Dot Tel domains could fill up itself without hosting, without maintenance, nothing. Just money coming on the account.

mactel12-27-2009 07:25 PM

Thanks, sounds great.
    What is a public web server (when using a web based cript)?

I understand, that the local script is for adding only a few ads, and the web based cript, is for bulck upload of ads (for selling the domains on which the adds are, that mention, that the domain is for sale).

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 07:41 PM

Here are more working examples of that script:

to-buy.tel
    tobuy.tel
    registar.tel
    offshorefirma.tel
    originalart.tel
    original-art.tel
    galleryofart.tel
    gallery-of-art.tel
    tomake.tel
    to-sell.tel
    tosell.tel
    welcometo.tel
    welcome-to.tel
    art-shop.tel
    to-make.tel
    corporacion.tel

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 3895)
    I understand, that the local script is for adding only a few ads, and the web based cript, is for bulck upload of ads (for selling the domains on which the adds are, that mention, that the domain is for sale)..

[size]
    Local script is to place advertising. Let us say, you have 100 domains. It would be waste of time to write an ad for each domain and place it manually. So, you rather put the list of domains in Perl program, then push advertising into domains. I am attaching here the very same script which I used for the above mentioned domains, so the script does everything, it gives you delay for each domain, simply press ENTER, ENTER, ENTER, etc. and it is done. Domains will be populated with advertising. But be careful, as I did not provide deletion of ads or wrongly spelled ads.

Now, once that has been done, 100 domains have each "Buy This Domain" ad on them; then you put on web hosting the other script, public one, which would include some credit card processing or informations about payments (Send me check or send money to this bank account). You can see yourself on those examples above.

This is for those which have hundreds of domains. I can provide services for such domainers, as I said. But you have it here for free too. My fee is US $1 per domain, minimally 50 domains to place advertising (one ad). 

You can find on this message, exactly the same bulk push script. It uses other one, from yesterday, to place advertising. So it pushes advertising on the list of domains. See inside. Be careful, use it as playground. See my very working example by clicking on those domains above.[/size]

marimax12-28-2009 12:31 PM

This is getting crazy.
    WHAT ATTRACTED ME TO TEL WAS IT'S SIMPLICITY and now we have scripts, Linux and hundreds of other things that most people don't understand.
    So, let's keep it simple or we will end up like .mobi

Redirects.tel12-28-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 3917)
    hundreds of other things that most people don't understand

[size]
    keep it real. 

I welcome all developers to this forum. And all tools that can help do more with .tel.[/size]

maximka12-28-2009 02:09 PM

I simple do not read all those posts in this forum where are more then ten lines of text. By my opinion, if an idea cannot be said briefly, then that idea is not ripe yet. But if somebody like them, let it be, it don't bring for me personally any inconvenience.

JLouisBiz12-28-2009 02:30 PM

Dot Tel domain is most easiest domain for the end user like one single business, but it is very complicated for advanced users. 

To put single point of contact for the own company is simple matter. Dot Tel is certainly that simple that everybody on any Internet computer can change, update his contact informations. That is great for a single company or entrepreneur.

But somebody is providing much more informations then just few phone numbers. Some companies have hundreds of people and hundreds of contacts. Where is that information before the Dot Tel? It is certainly in the papers if company is not computerized and it is 100% in computer databases or spreadsheets if the company is computerized. Now to maintain Dot Tel, large company would need at least one person employed only for that action. Come on. 

That is where programming comes to place and that is where Dot Tel domain offers its programming interface so that large company can simply insert whole spreadsheet or database into the Dot Tel.

How about updates? 75th contact is Car Sales Manager for the City or Dallas, on the domain sales-manager.dallas.mycompany.tel, then either someone will do that by hand and continually update Dot Tel as the contact information in the company changes or the programming comes to place, and as soon as CRM (Custome Relationship Management or database of contacts) within company is update, that soon Dot Tel domain can be updated automatically. That is time to employ scripts, PHP, Java, Perl, Linux, etc. It is not for single company with 5 employees.

But what about domainers with 100s of Dot Tel domains. How they are going to advertise on their domain? One by one? That is crazy business. 

I recommend highly this story of Why Good Programmers Are Lazy and Dumb but also Virtues of a programmer.

As I am certainly not buying 100 Dot Tel domains just to waste time on placing advertising and populating it. Right now I have one person employed to populate only ONE of those domains and he has hard time. Imagine, you wish to list ALL CHURCHES.TEL and you have to gather contact informations one by one, it would be hard work. 

Someone was thinking for us, and have provided programming interface for Dot Tel domains. That is most important feature of Dot Tel. One need not do it by hand, it would be waste of time, and I would get crazy doing it that way. But one can feed the informations into Dot Tel domains. See what Mr. Kolb is doing with his self-updating Dot Tel domains. 

Soon, you will have third party features like:

- Update your last 10 Twitter statuses on http://Status.YourDomain.Tel similarly like Mr. Kolb is doing
    - Click and update list of your friends from Facebook into http://my-facebook-friends.YourDomain.Tel
    - Send a Premium SMS to 7777 with keyword SMS, and your SMS will appear as advertising or entry on Dot Tel
    - Click and pay for your entry, all done automatically, similarly like buying on this page http://tobuy.tel/. I need next hour or few hours to implement CLICK AND GET YOUR SUBPAGE.DOMAIN.TEL or CLICK AND ADVERTISE ON THIS PLACE
    - You will have soon DESKTOP DOT TEL SEARCH APPLICATIONS, which will offer you to search single contacts within one domain or any contacts within bunch of domains;
    - You will have collections of Dot Tel domains in regards to Hotels, in regards to Tourism, Finances, etc. 
    - Such collection websites will integrate advertising into those domainas
    - You will have Dot Tel owners earning real money from advertising
    - You will have mass update, make one page, and have it duplicated on other 10 domains

Those are various applications that I think will spring up in the minds of people, such software always uses scripts, Java, Perl, Linux and MacOS and Windows and PHP and programming interface of Dot Tel domain. 

You cannot ignore it.

mactel12-28-2009 03:45 PM

Hi Louis,
    I support your endeavours to assist us, and I am very glad to have you in our .tel community, and am always very interested in your comments / posts, and am able to learn a lot, and a lot of useful things. I understand, and can mostly follow. And what I get to understand, and can use for my .tel needs, I will sure use. For me, it was something like a Christmas present, that you showed up, here, and started to share your knowledge, and that you are contributing great things (scripts, tools, etc.).

That will be the path to go, and the way we all can "make it" with .tel.
    As you pointed out: Big thinking, for the big companies, will be important, as well, in the future, if .tel wants to be taken serious in the business world, and not only be a "helper" for small businesses. What is nice, but what will not be all, or not be using all possibilities, or the full potential. 

It will be in the mid and long term, when people will be able to say and judge, if endeavours are fruitful. It is very difficult to say, at the beginning of any project, attempt, try, idea, concept, etc, that it is "wrong from the start".... And most such attempts to comment start up ideas and endeavours, turn out to be simpy wrong statements and judments. Only time, and the future can tell. But if common sense and gutt feeling both say, that something is good and ok, than one should indeed continue with the work. And in that case, moaning, grummbling and critizisme, would only be hindering the process, that looks so promising, and that is providing us with some light, so that we can see the end of the tunnel.

That's very clever and cool, Louis!... All thumbs up!

dottel12-28-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 3917)
    This is getting crazy.
    WHAT ATTRACTED ME TO TEL WAS IT'S SIMPLICITY and now we have scripts, Linux and hundreds of other things that most people don't understand.
    So, let's keep it simple or we will end up like .mobi

[size]
    ha ha ha
    that's hilarious, cause if you do not understand advanced methods or scripts that help .tel to have that added or extra benifit does not mean others to restrict themselves from using it?

I would say it's up to the individuals what they want to do with their .tels after all they are the owners of their domain names:)[/size]

dottel.net12-28-2009 05:44 PM

i think JLouisBiz should be applauded for this efforts. fantastic help and sharing with the rest of the community. I for one read his posts with interest.

JLouisBiz12-29-2009 12:22 AM

I was thinking somebody would come up with offer to me in this forum, for my needs and for money, like "come and pluck the flower", but I had to make that simply myself. Only, it was not me who made it, it is Peter Makholm with his Perl module. I am only using the module, and that very little. Basically, the software is there, now some 12 year old kid could come to first programming lessons and start using the module, for example, by placing advertising on Dot Tels.

What I think of doing next is to integrate that into our ThetaCRM™ software, so that I can publish a contact on Dot Tel domain, directly from CRM, by one click:

Mr. John (Publish to: John.Manager.Tel, or John.Partner.Tel or similar). Isn't it that Dot Tel is about connections. Actually, I am using my own Dot Tel just to reach some companies I know and have published them for my sake.

Redirects.tel12-29-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 3949)
    I was thinking somebody would come up with offer to me in this forum, for my needs and for money, like "come and pluck the flower", but I had to make that simply myself.

[size]
    ....keep em coming....

I think many developers are waiting for openAUTH and openID. the subdomain leasing model in particular interests me. PM me for details.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 11:10 am