The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

TELNAMES = TELNIC - Simple as that really - So why is the...

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

TELNAMES = TELNIC - Simple as that really - So why is the... Empty TELNAMES = TELNIC - Simple as that really - So why is the...

Post by mikeseaton 2012-06-14, 11:18 am

...new Telnames one-page image/video tempate (example http://Ben.tel) not being made available to all registrars of Telnic for their customers ?

For those who have any doubt that these two businesses are really one:

Telnames Limited two directors Khashayar Mahdavi (http://Kash.tel) and Fiona McKeown (http://Fiona.tel) are both directors of Telnic Limited, being CEO and CFO respectively of both organisations.

Ian Bowen-Morris (http://ianbm.tel) is CMO of both organisations.

The office address is the same - 37 Percy Street.

But now for the strange bit - the Telnames Image trademark was registered on 31 May 2012 NOT by Telnames Limited (as you would expect) but by Telnic Limited - see http://www.ipo.gov.uk/domestic?domesticnum=2623019

So unless this was an oversight the reasonable assumption that this splitting of the .tel operation would allow Telnic the registry to be sold (bringing shareholder exit) but Telnames the reseller to continue under Telnic management logically falls apart !

But the fact remains that .tel users are curently being denied the new one-page image/video template (unless they pay well over twice the going $10 rate for a.tel).

This new template would appear to be the only game in town as far as both Telnic and Telnames are concerned - remember http://Ben.tel (recently changed from a Telnic to Telnames template) has been used as a flagship .tel domain by Telnic for a long time.

Telnic/Telnames - please stop playing games with .tel software developers, domain investors and users - tell us what you are trying to do - get a worldwide affiliate program going - and make the new one-page image/video template available to all registrars/users at the same price.

Do you not realise the game is almost up for .tel if you keep losing your loyal supporters ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Company Checks:
    Telnic Limited - http://companycheck.co.uk/company/03555437
    Telnames Limited - http://companycheck.co.uk/company/07471889
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Hobbies : Buying gold
    Warning level : 75 %

TELNAMES = TELNIC - Simple as that really - So why is the... Empty Re: TELNAMES = TELNIC - Simple as that really - So why is the...

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-14, 12:39 pm

Here is the official information:
    http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/toolsToHelp/findCompanyInfo.shtml

Click: Access WebCheck
    Enter: TELNAMES
    Click on: 07471889 TELNAMES LIMITED
    Click on: Order information on this company
    See: CH01 10/01/2012 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / KHASHAYAR MAHDAVI / 17/12/2010

In the world, it does not matter how many brands, how many companies and staff you have. The company is clean so far.

Opening up new companies, in general could mean that something is wrong with your previous company. As there is no need for a new company under the new brand, all the brands may be kept under one company.

It did not terrify me that TELNAMES LTD exists, and it did not surprise me that they started selling new TEL product, independent of the already established products.

What it DID surprise me, is that TELNIC staff stated several times how TELNAMES is something completely different, until finally admitting to me, indirectly by Twitter conversation, that companies have the same place of business, same address and same shareholders.

And after that, they blocked my Twitter account to see them writing. What is use of blocking a Twitter account of someone who has so many Twitter accounts, I don't get it, but never mind.

What it DID surprise me, is that TELNIC claimed to publish new templates in the first quarter of 2012. http://telnic.org/newsletters/dottelegraph-dec11.html

In December 2011, they said in their newsletter:

Our anticipated development and release schedule for Q1 2012 will include:
    Roll-out of new templates currently in development.

I don't mind if they are late.

But I do mind when they get so silent, and do not answer on questions properly. If you tell to community, there will be new templates to replace this terrible terrible old looking ones, then also tell the community WHEN and HOW.

And if you say, you are late with new templates on TEL domains, then please don't open up TELNAMES LTD and cheat the community by opening new templates for THEMSELVES basically, and nothing for everybody else.

Who is paying the TEL service? The users and owners of domains. I mean, why TF, anyone needs to state something in public which cannot fulfill, just stop stating untrue things.

And TELNAMES is nothing but degraded TEL domain. For US $20 (about) you get a nice background possibility (if you have a background, but who doesn't), and you get few entries for contact information. ONE PAGE. When I wanted to quickly change to other registrar, TELNIC said, well Mr. you have to wait bloody 60 days. Waiting 60 days to develop a city domain might be too long for serious businessman. God thanks I wasn't that serious and have not paid staff to populate that domain in question, as that is what I do sometimes.

ONE PAGE???? ARE THEY JOKING.

No, TELNAMES is serious, they are selling ONE SINGLE PAGE on their "new" TEL domain. I mean WHERE TF is innovation that was spoken about? Innovation about what? By opening a ONE PAGE for clients paying US $20????

I know numerous companies they give you complete hosting without thinking and CMS with numerous backgrounds for lesser money, just for paying the domain.

And for those not wishing to pay for the domain, why would TELNAMES be something more special than for example: http://about.me ?
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

TELNAMES = TELNIC - Simple as that really - So why is the... Empty Re: TELNAMES = TELNIC - Simple as that really - So why is the...

Post by Bunjie 2012-06-15, 1:17 am

I would assume the 60 days limit is to prevent something, what other TLD /gTLD / company / registrar forces you to wait?
    I know of none other than one.com that add restrictions when you buy a domain + hosting package from them aka you get a domain + hosting from them but when you're near the end of your year they wont let you cancel it if it's under 30 days to go, you're forced to renew and if you don't you get late fees and then they go to debt collectors.
    As for Telnames it's a fool me twice situation? shame on me..., shame on me...?
    That is unless they have plans to use the sub domain space that they don't give you direct access too, but we'll just have to wait and see as personally I'd love to have indirect access to it by entering all my personal and private data into the CP as micro format sections so it can be shared and not displayed.
    So one page is fine for me as long as they have plans to use the sub domain space we gave up when using telnames for some other part of it's service as stuff has to be stored somewhere.

Last edited by Bunjie on 2012-06-15, 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-06-15, 1:27 am

mikeseaton wrote:...new Telnames one-page image/video tempate (example http://Ben.tel) not being made available to all registrars of Telnic for their customers ?
    You should know the answer to this, it's because it's their proxy not the public trans-registrar proxy, aka they couldn't sell the idea of the original templates to businesses and professionals, and I'm guessing it's taking far too long to do the alleged trans-registrar proxy templates so we have this because regardless of the 'the companies appear to be one and the same', which they really are it's a somewhat separate marketing entity that they don't have to bring the baggage of the telnic registrar and can make deals and plans simpler without I would guess ICANN legal hoops and trans-registrar politics.
    I'm sure if you're selling a product and then someone Googles you and find nasty stuff about 'it being stupid' and it 'being a fiddle-faddle' and a ton of drama because .tel was not easily flippable for most 'investors' back in the day, you'd also want to give a clean slate? or it could not be a success as people might stay away from it.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-06-15, 1:42 am

TelAbsorbs wrote: It did not terrify me that TELNAMES LTD exists, and it did not surprise me that they started selling new TEL product, independent of the already established products.

What it DID surprise me, is that TELNIC staff stated several times how TELNAMES is something completely different, until finally admitting to me, indirectly by Twitter conversation, that companies have the same place of business, same address and same shareholders.

And after that, they blocked my Twitter account to see them writing. What is use of blocking a Twitter account of someone who has so many Twitter accounts, I don't get it, but never mind.
    The point of blocking you I would guess is because they have work to do and I guess telling you what you all ready know is just a waste of their time, I'm guessing the constant iphone twitter @ message bleeps of customer rage is not something they care to deal with.. ALED shouldn't be doing the twitter and social networking accounts it should be someone who has lack of inside knowledge and simply there to put on a nice face and escalate your .tel issues when they're genuine bugs.
    Steve Jobs did not run the apple twitter account, Bill Gates does not run the Microsoft twitter account, so why should Aled or another of Telnics management? that's not how you prevent bad blood between customers and management, also the thing about management is that no body likes them in general as they have to make decisions that communities wont like for various insider reasons so to have a management based out reach only seeks to cause more bad blood between us all.
    Management = seen and not heard unless it's on a personal account and not talking about the business, save that for press releases, and lower ranked staff who don't have the knowledge to cause harm to the brand only to redirect queries and kiss our ass, as management certainty don't kiss a customers ass as they only respect each other.
    Getting rid of Nadia or what ever her name was, was an ok decision as she was too close to management and had too much insider knowledge, but they should have replaced her with someone capable of putting on a brand face for telnic, they need someone who's not taking part in insider meetings and gets told by memo what the company line is and what's coming up and in the pipe line aka only what they need to know to deal with customer issues, perhaps someone whose not even in the company offices..
    Now you might say that's bad for us but really it ended in you being blocked and a company should not be doing that as they need to keep us sweet and focused on the long term goal without giving us all the information so we don't burn ourselves with over thinking and panicking, they should have had a buffer zone between you so you get as much information as you need but that does not enrage them to block you, and so that nothing telnic don't want to say gets leaked.
    And yet we still have Aled doing this... dude needs to hire someone and keep her/him away from the overall company problems..
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Hobbies : Buying gold
    Warning level : 75 %

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-15, 3:40 am

I am just a genuine paying product user.

However, I have not experienced the product, as I use it little bit more than the average TEL domain owner. The average person simply put his contact details and in the reality does not need more than few pages.

I do need a lot of pages, I need the API which works, I need to update domains at once during one day.

Then from that position, I find out that I cannot just update the domains though API because they have placed restrictions which were carefully hidden from the public. Imagine, the more domains you bought, lesser freedom on them you would have. This does not make sense. There is no other product which I know for which the company which produces it, makes lesser respect out of its clients.

Actually, since many years, I have not found worst web hosting provider but this one which is providing TEL domains. I am sure TELNIC will complain how their domain is not hosted, but it is hosted and it has its software and its webserver Apache-Coyote.

It happened to me that TEL domains, in bulk, simply stopped working. And there was no remedy to that, but to publicly tell to the world what is happening. Even now, they, whoever they might be, do not give me access to my domains, so I am unable to manage it.

When I get a bad or too ripe melon, the grocery guy approaches me and offers the replacement, or at least a discount next time, logical.

When I pay for many domains at GoDaddy.com I get the VIP assistant, and I actually spare money, for example, if I forget to renew the domain, they give it back to me, without paying the high redemption fee, WOW, what a service.

When I pay for TEL domains, complaint to registrar gives no answer for days, I mean, imagine you place a ticket and you don't get any answer for days, while you loose search engine ranking, clients and advertising revenue. And then when I complain to higher authority such as TELNIC, they deny any responsibility, but make sure to breach my privacy, by telling me how they know the DAYS when I personally purchased TEL domains.

In the end, I end up now with bunch of TEL DOMAINS which DO NOT WORK. Because I cannot control them. Usernames are non existing. Password cannot just be re-asked for.

That is ALARMING BAD for users, owners and consumers of this TEL DOMAIN product.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 4:55 am