The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

A Survivor's Guide !

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

A Survivor's Guide ! Empty A Survivor's Guide !

Post by mikeseaton 2014-04-15, 8:42 am

Toptel wrote:It can last decades until .tel will recover; perhaps .tel will never recover!

I think Telnic Limited have got one year max before the cash to pay salaries and operating expenses runs out (unless of course they get a further cash injection from shareholders).

Have a look at http://companycheck.co.uk/company/03555437/TELNIC-LIMITED/financial-accounts and you will see that they have a cash burn of around £3-4,000,000 per year.

Given that the latest figures of £5,954,366 Cash and £6,462,798 Net Worth were as at 30 June 2012 - nearly 2 years ago - the end of the $35,000,000 shareholder funding is obviously getting pretty close !

If you still believe in the initial concept of .Tel - a Single Point Of Contact gTLD with "Data In The DNS" that is freely accessible by 3rd parties to produce Automated Software Services - then IMO it's just a matter of biding your time and waiting for the money to run out and a new organisation taking over the .Tel Project !

That's what I'm doing - and in the meantime I'm getting on with developing software aimed at the myriad of opportunities the new gTLDs have presented us with.

http://MikeSeaton.tel

PS. I renewed several premium .tels only yesterday.

A Survivor's Guide ! Empty Re: A Survivor's Guide !

Post by 4444 2014-04-16, 4:11 am

mikeseaton wrote:... it's just a matter of biding your time and waiting for the money to run out and a new organisation taking over the .Tel Project ! ...

It's the only option! Nobody can run a business successfully by ignoring the reality and excluding its customers (the way Telnic set up .tel)!
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2014-04-16, 4:04 pm

I agree. They are bizarre individuals working in a bizarre company which is hell-bent on failure. 

I remember when the head of the company wore pink panties to a media presentation. No doubt he thought he was kewl like Steve Jobs. Well, Steve Jobs ran the most successful company in the world. You can be a bit eccentric when you succeed in a big way. 

But when you captain the greatest failure in internet domain history you might want to be a bit low-key. Just a thought for them to ponder while they work on their CVs for future employment in the fast food service industry.

No doubt in their new fast food service careers they will come up with gems like "forget the hamburger buns, people who buy hamburgers only want what is between the buns - we can save money!" 

I sincerely pity any employer who gets saddled with these cretins.
    di7
    di7

Post by di7 2014-04-17, 2:55 am

As long people still own domains from Telnic / Telnames, nothing will change. Telnic won't be forced to improve before registrations will be dropped to a level of a few thousand domains only.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2014-04-17, 6:12 am

This story would make a good book for others contemplating involvement in technology companies and their products. 

Working title: Anatomy Of a Technology Failure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 3:19 am