The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Dot Tel's Weight On Mobile Search Algorithms

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Dot Tel's Weight On Mobile Search Algorithms Empty Dot Tel's Weight On Mobile Search Algorithms

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 12:23 pm

RonMunson09-28-2009 06:06 PM

Dot Tel's Weight On Mobile Search Algorithms

Here is an interesting article pointing out the new keyword search tool that Google is creating.

http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/020866.html

Mobile searches, with search engines, have used a different algorithm that regular computer searches. My observation has showed that there are two search engines in the UK that give weight to .mobi mobile searches. Whether this continues with the lack of content on .mobi is a question.

However I am very interested to see how the search engines react as more dot tel domains get developed over time. Will they give more weight to dot tel domain names? With a good base of developed dot tel domain names, why wouldn't they?

We have talked about the speed and cost benefit. Couldn't dot tel meet both of these needs which would encourage cell phone users to do more mobile searching?

If I was running a search engine and if there were a substantial amount of quality dot tel results, I would definitley give this domain more weight.

As the search engines give dot tel more weight there will be a snowball affect of other companies making sure they take advantage of the dot tel technology.

RonMunson09-28-2009 06:07 PM

By the way the two search engines where Yahoo International and some other search tool that had Orange in the URL. Maybe someone can fill in the full name as it slipped my mind.

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 1:20 am