The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel directory

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel directory Empty .tel directory

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 12:47 pm

Gav06-24-2009 11:55 AM

.tel directory

Hi

This morning I registered a domain and have decided to build a .tel directory.

Im not on about anything outstanding or amazing as i am not a web designer.

But I thought I would give it a go as I have nothing to lose.

Bought the domain

teltheworld.co.uk

Thought this was very approiate for the idea and something people would always remember.

Will start on it in the next few weeks.

Any ideas or suggestions for it would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Gav

nadya06-24-2009 04:25 PM

Gav, that's a great initiative, let me know if I can be of help. We have a number of materials (banners, movies, interviews, tips, etc.) on .tel Marketing http://telnic.org/community-marketing.html

Gav06-24-2009 05:07 PM

Thanks Nadya

Just had a look at your link and there is some very useful information, banners ect that I will definateley use.

Looking forward to this project, it should be good fun.

Might call on you for advice at certain stages.

Many Thanks

Gav

Gav06-29-2009 08:22 AM

Hi all

Just an update on the new .tel directory im building.

It is almost complete and should be ready to go live in the next couple of days if not before.

I will post on here when it go live so please keep a look out.

Regards

Gav

Gav07-02-2009 01:06 AM

Hi all.

Just a quick update on the .tel directory.

It is now live however it is not all up and working correctly and there are still lots of tests being done with the site.

Some of the links are not working and the descriptions are just test text.

I still have the tutorial and video pages to finish as well as some of the others.

If you would like to take a look please visit

www.teltheworld.co.uk

It should be working fully in the next week or so and then I will start to promote the site.

Any comments would be great, please remember to go easy on me as im not a web designer.

Kind Regards

Gav

Gav07-08-2009 06:59 PM

Hi all

Another update.

Directory is still in beta and still got a few more pages to add and complete but it is now getting there.

If any of you guys would like to add your .tel you may as I have had a number of people added theres already.

Many Thanks

Gav

Triton NW07-14-2009 11:34 PM

Hello all,
    I know this is posted somewhere else on the forum but I can not find it. I have the .tel of a large planned community that I live it. The idea is to make a directory (duh) of the residents. It will also list services like babysitting or events like garage sales. There will also be a real estate listing section. My question is in regards to the directory of residents.

Can they log onto their john-and-jane-doe.neighborhood.tel and add their contact information?

Do I make them a folder and then make it private so only those that are their friends can access the information?

Who allows a friend access to their folder? Is it me or can they do that themselves?

Sorry for the Rookie questions

Joe

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-15-2009 02:35 AM

resident directory

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 531)
    Hello all,
    Can they log onto their john-and-jane-doe.neighborhood.tel and add their contact information?
    Do I make them a folder and then make it private so only those that are their friends can access the information?
    Who allows a friend access to their folder? Is it me or can they do that themselves?
    Sorry for the Rookie questions
    Joe

[size]
    You need to create a dot.com (or other non.tel) site that will manage user accounts. These accounts are not tel accounts because the AUP does not permit you to give others outside your company or family access to your tel. This site will allow residents to create userids and passwords in your own database, then you will control what content they can create, edit, access, delete, etc via SOAP calls. For a sneak peak at my community site visit www.yorkregion.tel which is similar to what you have in mind and is nearing completion.
    Mark[/size]

nadya07-15-2009 08:24 AM

Mark's solution is great for public info. 

TelFriends and privacy is per second-level .tel domain. You cannot allow people store private data and create independent friend lists without your permission (username, password). If somebody becomes a friend, they 'friend' the whole domain. 

Of course, TelFriends also has open APIs, so you could build a solution analogous to Mark's to manage privacy and monitor who is friended and in which group they are added. I just wanted to point out that Privacy adds a new level of complexity to the equation - to ensure private data sharing is secure. 

Your alternative would be to offer residents to publish public info in your directory and get their own .tel domains if they need to manage privacy.

Triton NW07-23-2009 12:09 AM

Anticipation

I am curious if the other members on theis board are experiencing the same thing that I am. I basically go through my day with this strange sense of anticipation of when the .tel dam will burst. We all seem to have some good names and are building out our sites and applications. I personally use my .tel in my e-mail signature for work and even captured the .tel for the company that I sell for.

The hard part for me is the waiting (granted its only been 4 months) for the next thing to happen. Most of my friends know about my .tel habit and kind of laugh at me for my many purchases. I am going crazy waiting for that big day when we see a major corporation or individual give their contact information as a .tel on TV or Radio. I believe that if .tel comes to the main stream that I can retire on my names.

Not so patiently waiting in Seattle.

RonMunson07-23-2009 08:31 AM

In 4 months it has come quite a long way. The next big break through is when we start to see local advertising on billboards, magazines etc.

That is just around the corner.

As far as development goes, wait until you see what I have planned for LongDistance.TEL. It will simply be the best No Cost Upfront, Pay As You Go system on this planet. I plan on dropping LD rates right down to a fraction of the cost.

Ron :eek:

Gav07-23-2009 08:37 AM

Hi triton

That is a very valid point and I know excactly where you are coming from.

I backordered some good .tel domains to.

I am always having to explain to everyone I meet about them and the concept, I can't believe how many people out there I meet still have heard nothing of the .tel. I don't think to much will change for quite sometime unless as you say someone famous or a big organisation were to promote there .tel extension as a main way of contact.

If the ben.tel video was shown on tv or there were adverts on the radio im sure we would all be laughing as it only takes a couple of famous people / organisations and everyone would follow the trend just like with most things.

It definately needs that extra push with advertising somehow and im not sure what telnic have got planned, but im sure it would be worth while for everyone involved if there was a lot more publicity so that everyone knew about the .tel and wanted to get there hands on one.

Regards

Gav

Gav09-22-2009 12:27 PM

Hi Guys

Don't forget to add any of your .tel domains into our directory.

We are still receiving a steady number of entries each week and it is gradually picking up more traffic.

100% free to list in our directory and marketplace.

Please visit www.teltheworld.co.uk to add yours today.

Regards

Gav

markske09-22-2009 01:07 PM

Hi Triton

.tel has come along way since its launch in March. I also seem to have the .tel habit and friends and family think I'm crazy spending so much time on my .tel directories. However .tel are on the case, here in the UK British Telecom are pushing .tel to their small business members plus Bloomberg news will be showing .tel ads see the Press Release section.

I am currently contacting local business organisations in my area as these guys represent 1000's of small businesses in the local area that my tel directory is aimed at, they are showing interest and I hope to attend one of their meetings in the near future to talk to them about my directory.

I have also had an initial batch of 500 leaflets printed which I am currently delivering again to local businesses to raise their awareness of my directory, I have also included a copy of the August Telegraph newsletter with the leaflets that I have posted to Estate Agents (Real Estate) to show them the advantages of .tel

Like you say it only takes one or two large organisations to start promoting their .tel but I feel that if we are to use our directories as a serious commercial venture then we also need to be out their spreading the word

marske

bury.tel

Gav09-22-2009 01:14 PM

Well said markske

I agree with you and think that it will only take a couple of larger organisations to get there .tel, and promote it and it will make a huge difference.

I am currently in talks with a few smaller firms explaining about the .tel.

Also my directory is now getting visited a lot more as I generally think that people are becoming more aware of the .tel and realising that it is here to stay.

Good luck with your .tel directories and feel free to advertise them though teltheworld.co.uk.

Regards

Gav

marimax09-22-2009 01:42 PM

Very good, this is the way to go
    Can you show us the example of your leaflets here ?

Gav09-22-2009 02:18 PM

I have also had 5000 leaflets printed recently for my project.

I will try and get it uploaded on here this afternoon.

Regards

Gav

markske09-23-2009 09:33 AM

tel leaflets

2 Attachment(s)
    Here's the draft versions of the leaflets that I am currently distributing to local businesses.

I used the logos etc provided by Telnic.

The final version of the leaflet is held by the printers so I cannot upload this, but hopefully this version will give you a starting point for producing your own leaflets.

marske

tony mayo09-24-2009 08:56 AM

Greak work Markske. 
    Your leaflets will certainly be a good starting point for other directory developers planning to distribute flyers to inform their business communities of the power of .tel.

Gav11-05-2009 01:03 PM

Hi Guys

Nearly 250 .tel domains submitted to the directory so far.

Traffic increasing by the day to the directory.

Keep them coming

Regards

Gav
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel directory Empty Re: .tel directory

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 12:47 pm

Shahid11-05-2009 01:26 PM

just added 3 of mine to give you support from my side as well

Gav11-05-2009 01:54 PM

Thanks Shahid

Much appreciated, hopefully be at the 500 mark in the next few weeks

Regards

Gav

Shahid11-05-2009 03:00 PM

i hope so too, been working on my own projects and ads for .tel too lets see 

Shahid

Bill11-08-2009 04:56 PM

--------------------------

dottelblog11-11-2009 04:17 AM

this is really a beautiful site.

Can you share what script/tools you used to build this site?

Thanks

Triton NW11-11-2009 07:17 AM

What site are you asking about?

markske11-11-2009 10:53 AM

Hi Bill

Its been a mixed reaction. I've posted leaflets with covering letters and had some interest. The best response I've had has been by getting out there and cold calling into businesses giving them an outline of .tel and the directory.

Some people say look why should I list on dot tel when we have the Yellow Pages, Thomson Local, Local dot com sites etc.. basically there are a lot of listing companies chasing a limited number of businesses. 

Some people think that I'm selling advertising

Some people think that dot tel is a new type of telephone system that I'm trying to sell them "Dot Tel the new way to communicate" I will probably amend this wording on my next run of leaflets

Then there are others who think yes what a great idea and can see the advantages of having an internet based directory rather than paper based.

I'm of the opinion that once the Tel Pages is up and running then this will be the point at which a lot more people will see the potential of dot tel.

So I would definately recommend getting out there, put in the leg work (if possible if yours is a local directory) and see what reaction you get.

Best regards

markske

nadya11-11-2009 11:24 AM

We've had success stories about directories hiring sales people and cold-calling local businesses. Once there's a person talking to you, explaining and demonstrating, it's easier to see the benefits. We'll try to publish more info about such cases in future.

dottelblog11-12-2009 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 280)
    Hi

This morning I registered a domain and have decided to build a .tel directory.

Im not on about anything outstanding or amazing as i am not a web designer.

But I thought I would give it a go as I have nothing to lose.

Bought the domain

teltheworld.co.uk

Thought this was very approiate for the idea and something people would always remember.

Will start on it in the next few weeks.

Any ideas or suggestions for it would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Gav

[size]
    Hi Gav,

Your site (http://www.teltheworld.co.uk/) is really a beautiful site.

Can you share what script/tools you used to build this site?

Thanks[/size]

Triton NW11-12-2009 06:34 AM

Mark my words.
    Gav is one of the .tel guys that is going to get PAID. Boy do I hope I am one of them. Only time will tell. 

Joe

Shahid11-12-2009 10:23 AM

I hope it pays everyone who has invested ideas, time and money i guess many of us as good in their own ways some know how to design sum develop and some buy domains from after market

Gav11-12-2009 12:38 PM

Thanks dottelblog and Triton NW

For your lovely comments they are really appreciated.

I always build my sites through a company called dyos.

You start off with completey blank pages as you do with any website builder but all the tools are there you need to make it into a good site.

I tend to work on a layout first using the tools and then add lots of content in html coding so that I can change directory listings and text with one touch of a button rather than having to go into the site to much.

If you have a basic knowledge of html and are quite creative regarding a layout, then Im sure you could do a site just as good.

I love building websites and try to be quite creative. The teltheworld website only took me around 3 weeks from start to finish in my spare time, however when I first started building them something like this would have taken me a good few months. It's the same as anything, it becomes easier with practice.

I love .tel and that is why I created the site and also made it a free service for directory listings, I just hope that it will help us all in the long run.

You can follow me on twitter us well if you would like to keep up to date with all the latest listings ect being added to the directory at http://twitter.com/teltheworldcouk

Thanks again guys for your great comments

Kind Regards

Gav

Gav11-17-2009 02:19 PM

If any of you guys have anything .tel related.

Please feel free to let me know and it can be added to the website in tools ect.

Look forward to hearing about any services.

link exchange also welcome

Regards

Gav

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-17-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 2591)
    If any of you guys have anything .tel related.

Please feel free to let me know and it can be added to the website in tools ect.

Look forward to hearing about any services.

link exchange also welcome

Regards

Gav

[size]
    You need a tools category - i will post ads4.tel, populate.tel, etc,
    Mark[/size]

Gav11-17-2009 05:46 PM

Do you mean a tools category in the top menu ofering services ?

Or do you mean a catgory in the left hand menu ?

Regards

Gav

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-17-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 2601)
    Do you mean a tools category in the top menu ofering services ?

Or do you mean a catgory in the left hand menu ?

Regards

Gav

[size]
    After clicking Add your tel, the box labeled category has no tools category.
    Where does one add a .tel tools site?[/size]

Gav11-17-2009 07:34 PM

Hi Mark

this is was i was trying to find out.

I was unsure if you ment to have a related page for .tel tools ( ie - add adverts to your .tel )

Or if you ment a .tel tools category.

Not quite sure the word tools would work in the catgory section, what do you think would sound better.

Regards

Gav

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-18-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 2608)
    Hi Mark

this is was i was trying to find out.

I was unsure if you ment to have a related page for .tel tools ( ie - add adverts to your .tel )

Or if you ment a .tel tools category.

Not quite sure the word tools would work in the catgory section, what do you think would sound better.

Regards

Gav

[size]
    tel tools
    tel applications[/size]

Triton NW12-02-2009 01:10 AM

for what its worth

This will not be an overly interesting or technical post. As we have seen in the last few days, things are getting very technical around here, which is good.

My story is one that I hope will be the norm as the public adopts .tel.

I am in the telecom industry. I try and do my business development through partner relationships. There are a lot of user groups out there for products like Cisco, Nortel, Avaya etc. My project today was to track down some of these groups and make contact. What a pain in the #$$.

How could this process be better :rolleyes:

usergroups.tel was born a few hours ago.

Triton NW12-15-2009 05:17 AM

New Directory Direction

Not that my business plan makes for great reading but I have kind of stumbled into a new .tel directory strategy. Rather than sell placement on my sites, I am going to build the biggest directory possible and have it "sponsored by" my other businesses. The members of the directory get free listings and I get the traffic that they generate.
    That being said, I have no idea if it will work
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 12:48 pm

Gav12-15-2009 11:10 AM

Good luck im sure it will, with just a little bit of effort.

I still have people adding into my directory, not as many as I would like however.

I used to upload new listings evryday, but Now I do it just once a week when it has built up to 5+.

Traffic is still increasing in my directory however, which is a good thing.

Good luck wth your new venture

Regards

Gav

tel4rent12-15-2009 07:45 PM

Directory

I am working on building a global directory for an alternative healing technique www.pranichealing.tel. Objective is to add all the centers and foundation under one roof for free then charge for advertising on the directory...the response from the group was very positive...

will keep you posted on the progress

Be Well

Gav01-03-2010 10:26 PM

Hi 

Just to let you all know that i have updated the layout for listings within our directory within the category pages.

I had many requests to this as people were suggesting they were all running into each other and it was difficult to tell where the listing started and ended.

We have also updated the marketplace lsitings to make this easier so that people can view the .tel for sale as well as contact the seller direct on each lisitng.

Hope this now makes it easier for all parties.

Please keep the listings coming

Regards

Gav

Gav01-17-2010 05:46 PM

Hi guys

Just to let you know about 2 new features we have added to our teltheworld directory.

tel showcase - You can add your .tel to the .tel showcase category on our website. It is 100% free. There is unlimited amount of text to write about it. The lisiting comes complete with your .tel web thumbnail, direct link to your site, ratings bar and also an area where people can leave comments.

.tel showcase example http://www.teltheworld.co.uk/telthew...-showcase.html

tel blog - We have added a new blog where anyone can post anything they like .tel related in different categories. It again is 100% free to use and each post comes complete with a rating and comments section. Weather you want to keep people up to date with a project or have some hot .tel news, you can post on our site. This blog section also allows you to upload 1 picture per post.

Here is some info about the new blog.

Blog Posts - Unlimited Text

Image - 1 Per Post

Category - Choose A Category For Your Post

Rss Feed - Yes For All Posts In Our Blog

Ratings - People Can Rate Your Post

Comments - People Can Add Comments To Your Posts

Cost - All 100% Free

Please feel free to upload your .tel to our .tel showcase and make as many posts as you like.

Kind Regards

Gavin Rookyard

Gav01-19-2010 01:28 AM

Hi All

Just another update.

We have now added a forum with catgories which include

- .tel Domain Name Tools and Resources
    - .tel Domain Appraisals, Website Reviews
    - .tel Marketplace
    - .tel Website Design And Promotion
    - .tel Internet Service Providers
    - .tel Domain Events
    - Forum News And General Discussions

Each category has many sub categories, so weather you are promoting a .tel event, looking to sell a .tel domain, looking for domain apprasials or just want to chat with others please visit us at

www.teltheworld.co.uk

Kind Regards

Gav

Gav02-18-2010 11:43 AM

Hi Guys

Im just doing a small promotion to try and get more people involved in my forum at teltheworld.co.uk.

If any of you would like to make a post in return I will upgrade your anyone of your listing/s to a featured listing 100% free which will meas it will be at the top fo your chosen category.

Find the forum here at http://www.teltheworld.co.uk/page_18...-1-198717398/0

Kind Regards

Gav

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 4:36 pm