The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Directory name

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Directory name Empty Directory name

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 12:41 pm

maximum10-14-2009 11:38 AM

Directory name

When will the ability to specify the names of the hyperlinks in Russian?

This is what I expect is already long enough. And as this is the reason because of which I did not get down to work on filling the site.

Howard10-14-2009 11:52 AM

Welcome to the forum Maximum.

Are you referring to:

- folder names within a .tel and the links to those
    - external website links
    - or to the labels for links and other contact information?

maximum10-14-2009 04:33 PM

At least required that is: 
    - folder names within and the links

nadya10-14-2009 04:58 PM

Hi Maximum, I can understand the problem as transliterating Russian words can prove tedious. 

There's a difficulty that the Go-to link is actually a sub-domain name, and these will be available in Russian and other languages when .tel is available in Internationalized Domain Name format (IDN). There are plans to make .tel available as IDNs, but we do not currently have a timeline for the release.

However, we're going to release an update soon that will allow you to add a description to your go-to link in Russian, so that your page will show Go to - text in Russian - folder name in English. I think this should resolve your difficulties. 

What domains are you planning to populate once this is available?

maximum01-19-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 1900)
    However, we're going to release an update soon that will allow you to add a description to your go-to link in Russian

[size]
    Nadya, and when it will be possible? :mad:[/size]

nadya01-19-2010 06:08 PM

Hi Maximum,

You can add labels in Russian as well as create folder names using Russian. For an example, go to http://nadya.tel/ - there's a sub-folder link "For those who speak Russian".

maximum01-19-2010 07:37 PM

Then the name is subdomain converted to punycode. It is not nice, is not always handy, etc. 
    I am in favor, to ask a directory name and a link on their own.

nadya01-19-2010 07:42 PM

As explained earlier, until IDNs are implemented, you cannot have non-ascii characters in the URL. We are currently working on a possibility to allow IDNs, but it's a complex process. 

Of course, it's up to you to create a folder in English and a label text in Russian, or to use Russian in the folder name. In any case, you should be in a position to create .tel projects oriented on the Russian market. We have a number of success stories for directory services such as murman.tel and rostov-don.tel that are actively populating and promoting their services in respective regions. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "to ask a directory name and a link on their own".

maximum01-24-2010 03:31 PM

I mean anchor text in russian.

nadya01-24-2010 04:47 PM

Hi maximum,

Anchor text is currently not supported in any language. A major reason is to always show to the user where they are being taken by an actionable item. We will, however, continue working on making the web links work better and look nicer in the new release of the .tel proxy.

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 9:14 am