The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel directory

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel directory Empty .tel directory

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:38 pm

thomas01-19-2010 12:10 PM

.tel directory

Hi There,

I have been researching .tel domains for quite some time and would like to create a local .tel directory for local business' to add there business contact details too.

Is it possible to add my website address to the .tel template anywhere?

For example at the foot of the page have: Created by mycompany.com

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas

Howard01-19-2010 12:16 PM

Hello Thomas and welcome to the forum.

It's not possible to add text to the actual .tel proxy template that is displayed on the web, but you can use the free text Keywords section to add such a credit to each page within your directory. Alternatively you could add a link to your company on each page.

mactel01-19-2010 12:43 PM

Business contact details

[size=32]Business contact details

Hi Thomas, welcome to the forum.

I get at least five possibilities:

Control panel / Dashboard

your.tel
    >> (Domain title) > Edit > Created by mycompany.com (instead of "your.tel")
    >> Text header > Edit > Created by mycompany.com
    >> Contact Information > Add (new item) > Note > Created by mycompany.com
    >> Keywords > Add (keywords) > Free Text > Created by mycompany.com
    >> Keywords > Add (keywords) > Business Address > Created by mycompany.com
    >> other address within "Keywords".

The ".tel "Contact Us" page for existing websites":

Nota Bene, please:

You have: mycompany.com
    You could have: mycompany.tel
    And therefore could also have: mycompany.com/contactus
    Explanation: contactus = Contact Us = Contact Page = .tel Contact Us Page = copy of mycompany.tel on existing website (mycompany.tel).
    Example: http://www.cakeinabox.co.uk/shop/pages/contactus.html

How To:
    http://www.tel-domain-forum.de/ger_d...r_website.html

Quick and simple method, for "dummies and developers, as well) (without Google map):
    Show the content of your .Tel Site on your Website by using JavaScript:
    For this you only need to embed the following code into your contact page of your existing website: 

For this simply replace jepaa.tel with your Domain.
    And so, this would be the other .tel contact page (business contact) "Created by mycompany.com".

It is called the ".tel "Contact Us" page for existing websites".

.[/size]

dottel01-19-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 4665)
    Hi Thomas, welcome to the forum.

I get at least five possibilities:

Control panel / Dashboard

your.tel
    >> (Domain title) > Edit > Created by mycompany.com (instead of "your.tel")

[size]
    no no to this option..
    visit lands on the site, the first thing he/she see is the created by text..hmm dont think that is a good idea..
    :)[/size]

dottel01-19-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas (Post 4663)
    Hi There,

I have been researching .tel domains for quite some time and would like to create a local .tel directory for local business' to add there business contact details too.

Is it possible to add my website address to the .tel template anywhere?

For example at the foot of the page have: Created by mycompany.com

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas

[size]
    I would request telnic for a proper field but for now, may be you create a credits page which you can write about the created or something similar? which would look more professional..[/size]

mactel01-19-2010 01:40 PM

Thomas is a newbie: Let him explore .tel and its telproxy. He will soon be able to figure out, what he preferes to have. Show him all options...

dottel01-20-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 4670)
    Thomas is a newbie: Let him explore .tel and its telproxy. He will soon be able to figure out, what he preferes to have. Show him all options...

[size]
    I am not stopping him from exploring.
    I gave my opinion on one of your suggestion/option..

Cheers[/size]

Howard01-28-2010 11:49 AM

Hello,

We had some guidelines and examles in our November Newsletter which you can read here - http://www.telnic.com/newsletters/do...raph-nov09.pdf.

The key factor is to design the structure effectively from the outset. You'll need to balance having a "deep" directory with only a few categories on each page vs a "wide" directory with less clicks to get to the information, but more categories on each page.

If you're having specific issues with any part of the setup we're here to help and you can mail us directly at website@telnic.org with questions.

I notice at the moment that your "Go To" links are not working on the site. The most effective way of linking to a folder is to click the "Create a link to this folder" checkbox when you create the folder. For your currentl Go To links I believe you have labelled them the wrong way round, so "http://sexgids.websites.tel/" should be linking to "http://websites.sexgids.tel/"

Cees01-29-2010 06:59 AM

Looking good hollandsestraathond,

I think you may have a typo at "Raamprotitutie" should there be an s after the letter o

Good luck

Triton NW02-17-2010 02:36 AM

Can someone tell me the best service to host .pdf files. I have some technology sites and really need to have links to whitepapers since we cant store them in the domain. I am not even sure if this is a real service?

dottel.net02-17-2010 10:03 AM

doesn't matter if its pdf - just do a google for a free file hosting or free web space. 

there are several free ones out there depending on your space and usage requirements.

Bill02-26-2010 02:49 PM

I would like to put together a Building a .tel Directory ebook. If anyone has experience building a directory, or has some information or insight on this subject please email me at bill@taupo.tel, or PM me. If you can write a summary of your experiences with your directory then please do so and send to me.

I will have links to all the different parties that can offer services to a directory builder. This will include programming, design of support site, structure, traffic and anything else that directory builders need including direct marketing strategies.

If you want a link in the ebook please contact me. This is a biggish project, 1 month or more, and over 100 pages. My objective is to provide one stop information resource for directory builders. If it is popular, I will follow-up with a Marketing Your .tel Directory ebook with tips and strategies to make money; which, after all, is the only goal of a directory.

mactel02-26-2010 03:41 PM

Hi Bill,
    I had posted quasi a "How To", to create directories with short subdomain names (only one string-link, per subdomain). The principle requires moving of the folder, after creating the folder, and not depending on the automatic subfolder tree placement, that is nice, because automatic, but the downthing, is, that it creates long subdomain strings, that are neither attractive, nor inviting to type into a browser (favorable are short subdomain names).

Bill03-16-2010 11:27 AM

Thanks Mactel.

Nigel4303-18-2010 06:28 AM

Thanks for giving out information. It’s really nice and mean full.

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 8:38 am