The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Directory builder

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Directory builder Empty Directory builder

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:29 pm

tel4rent07-06-2011 03:12 PM

Directory builder

Hi All,

A question/Advise to all directory builder. 

When you sell listings to customers, do you enter them by alphabetical order or first listing always on the top then so on...

Thanks for your feedback

TELcp07-06-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 16073)
    When you sell listings to customers, do you enter them by alphabetical order or first listing always on the top then so on...

[size]
    Hi,

It depends on the domain name and how you want to present your main page (or main sub folder) to the end user. Always think about the end user. NOT the one who buys the listing from you. You can explain this to the buyer of the listings from you. If the buyer (of listings) don't agree you can always change the listing position from CTH (or through www.telcp.com).

Take the following example:
    1) Geo based
    Supposing you own england.tel and want to have names of cities and sub folder listings,
    Then you may either list them alphabetically or according to the size of the city. We would first list London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and then all others according to the alphabetical order.
    2) Keyword based
    Supposing you own keyword.tel (replace "keyword" with any other word of your choice),
    use the google keywords tool and see the most demanding keyword combination (this varies from country to country - or global. Select the options at keyword tool according to your requirement. Then display the listings accordingly.

Remember always give priority to the end user.

Hope this helps.[/size]

tel4rent07-06-2011 06:52 PM

Hi Telcp,

Few good tips. I will certainly review my plans.

Example: the client buys the first listing on the category and he knows it. We have two choices:

1- Put him on the top of the category

OR

2- Tel him that it is by alphabetical order.

Now the argument is. The client would say i bought first, i have the first/top spot. The other client who bought two weeks later and he is number 20 says " my restaurant's name is ABC and i should be on the top because you should list them by alphabetic order"

From a user perspective, i assume i should list them by alphabetical order...Correct?
    From a sales perspective, they will argue that the first client saw the opportunity and took the listing...Correct?

If the category listing has 100-200 listings, does it make a difference if it is alphabetical or not? wouldn't the search within .tel actually fetch the business name? 

And i recently found out that even if your listing are sorted alphabetically, the search engine would not return them alphabetically so....i am between two worlds at the moment!!!!!

Don't you think that it is not fair for the client who jump into the opportunity find his business listed 20 when the last client who took today a listing is on the top.

Sorry for asking so many questions but would love to make a sound decision...thanks for the help

tel4rent07-06-2011 06:54 PM

Hi Telcp,

Sorry meant...Very good tips

dialaroom07-06-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 16081)
    Hi Telcp,

Few good tips. I will certainly review my plans.

Example: the client buys the first listing on the category and he knows it. We have two choices:

1- Put him on the top of the category

OR

2- Tel him that it is by alphabetical order.

Now the argument is. The client would say i bought first, i have the first/top spot. The other client who bought two weeks later and he is number 20 says " my restaurant's name is ABC and i should be on the top because you should list them by alphabetic order"

From a user perspective, i assume i should list them by alphabetical order...Correct?
    From a sales perspective, they will argue that the first client saw the opportunity and took the listing...Correct?

If the category listing has 100-200 listings, does it make a difference if it is alphabetical or not? wouldn't the search within .tel actually fetch the business name? 

And i recently found out that even if your listing are sorted alphabetically, the search engine would not return them alphabetically so....i am between two worlds at the moment!!!!!

Don't you think that it is not fair for the client who jump into the opportunity find his business listed 20 when the last client who took today a listing is on the top.

Sorry for asking so many questions but would love to make a sound decision...thanks for the help

[size]
    Not tried this yet, but have thought about adding a goto at top of list with sorted a-z. could work in some instances.[/size]

TELcp07-06-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Hi Telcp,

[size]
    There are many options to solve this (i.e.listing rotation every 15mins/30mins/1hour etc). Unfortunately, we can not introduce such techniques due to throttling on accounts.
    So, the best solution would be to set a very high premium for those who want to be listed on top - i.e. #1: so much $$, #2 so much $$ etc. And you can limit it on first come first serve basis.

Quote:
    [/size]

[size]
    It's very hard to tell you if it is on "telpages", because we are not aware of Telnic's Algorithm for searching pages.
    If it is other search engines, then they have their own Algorithms. Also not pubished.
    If it is on Google Search you must follow their instructions for page ranking. You need to study SEO techniques to get ahead of others in search results. Sorry, we are not experts on this subject.

Quote:
    [/size]

[size]
    The first reply covers this situation.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers![/size]

Blunderer07-06-2011 10:52 PM

Try this on your smart phone folks - www.chagford.tel

tel4rent07-07-2011 09:12 AM

@Telcp!

Thanks for your detail response. We will be considering these options in the near future.

The search option i was referring too is the Search within the .tel domain itself. If you have many businesses listed under one category and sorted alphabetically...The results returned by the Search engine are not sorted alphabetically so the only benefits (sorted alphabetically) is the End user if he chooses to scroll down.

@dialaroom

Let us know your decision or feedbacks,

@blunderer

Will look at it...thanks for sharing

But i can tell you guys that many challenges are a head of us. But i keep FAITH

dottel.net07-07-2011 10:47 AM

i'd rather not post our strategy in a public forum, but happy to share via pm if anyone is interested.... its worked so far in helping some upsell

TELcp07-07-2011 01:57 PM

@tel4rent

A sample site is being constructed at www.cheapest.tel, an expired domain which we picked up today because of it gives strong keywords when combined with "flights" and "airfare".

In order to maintain xxxxxx.flights.cheapest.tel, we created many of our flight names under sub domain flights. Then we created "europe", "north-america", "asia", "africa" and "south-america" sub folders just to be displayed on the main page "cheapest".
    Then we transferred (we are still doing it) some of the links of third level sub folders under "flight" to the sub folder "europe" and then we hid the same transferred names at sub folder "flight". 

This way you can manipulate sub folders in order to maintain the URL for best SEO benefits and at the same time present a concise sub folder links to the end user at the main page. Unfortunately, the CTH does not allow you to do this. All these sub folder manipulations were done through www.telcp.com.

www.cheapest.tel is being constructed for a certain project. But not to rent out full pages. So don't get mixed up with that.

However, try to study the directory structure (tree) and how we have presented it to the end user. 

Please don't forget the site is still under construction and changes can take place at any time.

Hope this helps.

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 11:35 am