The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Link to my .tel, and I’ll link to yours

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Link to my .tel, and I’ll link to yours Empty Link to my .tel, and I’ll link to yours

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 12:49 pm

dialaroom02-10-2010 10:47 PM

Link to my .tel, and I’ll link to yours

Already added links to Oxford Street and Mayo .tel and a couple of others to dialaroom.tel. However to progress the link exchange program would it be an idea to have a seperate section in the forum or somewhere that people can offer their sites for linking to and from. It's hard to find suitable .tels quickly to ask for a link or to offer links from. 
    I'd like to repeat what I offered in thread http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=517 and offer one way links to any UK city or town .tels from the appropriate pages on dialaroom.

mactel02-10-2010 11:15 PM

Maybe we should have personal "waiting lists", and then tick them off, and set the links, when we come around to populate the considered .tel domains. And then possibly send a feedback to the owner of the website or web page, as soon as done. Because there might be a lot of interesting .tel names, considered for cross-linking, but which are not yet populated. And to log in to a dashboard, just to put one (foreign) link, would be too troublesome and time consuming.

Some sort of system...: - You get what I mean?...

Systematically. Like: "I will note your request, and notify you, as soon as done, but it could take a while". Or similar.
    Or else, it might be a non go, because .tel domainers, don't want to bother, just for one link, if nothing else done before, for that requested domain. 

tony mayo02-11-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

However to progress the link exchange program would it be an idea to have a seperate section in the forum or somewhere that people can offer their sites for linking to and from. It's hard to find suitable .tels quickly to ask for a link or to offer links from.

[size]
    dialaroom: That's an excellent idea. I also see that the advantages of this type of cross-linking are highlighted in the current issue of dottelegraph so let's hope some momentum builds.I have already added some reciprocal links and will adding more soon.[/size]

dialaroom02-13-2010 10:50 AM

Uk City Town or Village .tel

I've just added a link to brighton.tel, However, I'm finding it quite hard to locate .tels with uk county, city, town, or village names to add links to. I would like to contact any of the above and add links from dialaroom.tel as local information links, it would enhance my site and give a link to each. If anyone knows of any of the above .tels please post them or PM me. Thanks. The more we add relevant links the better.

dialaroom02-13-2010 03:55 PM

Link to .tel

One way links to our dottels are a great way to add PageRank and pass the word, to that end, I have purchased linkto.tel purely as a platform to list populated .tels that would appreciate other appropriate .tels linking to them. 
    I have not populated it with categories yet, but by next week it will be ready to list .tels offering links and .tels wanting links. 
    I'll happily add .tels in my spare time for free. Just interested to know if you clever .tellers would use it and if you have any ideas for the best category format.
    Obviously it will be limited to populated .tels, and will be by mutual agreement between linker and linkee. 
    Perhaps Telnic would just re-assure me that I'm not infringing any agreements in principal as ther will be no charges made, but will of course be limited to the record limits allowed. Hope it may help us all.

dialaroom02-14-2010 02:23 PM

I have just realised why almost no one wants to link their popuated .tels to each other, it's because they've nearly all been bought by you clever domainers for re-sale when the tld becomes more popular and mainstream. However, I do get a slight feeling of irony about the fact that until more and more domains are populated with information their name suggests, rather than for sale signs. They will not become more popular or mainstream. Hence re-sale values will not rise.

I'd be interested to know if this was the case with the other tld's when they first launched. And are there still people hanging on to hundreds of .mobi just in case it takes off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking all you domainers out there, I think your all very courageous and deserve every penny you make.

I was just amazed by how many .tels have been sold to domainers, compared with end users.

maximka02-14-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 5442)
    no one wants to link their populated .tels to each other...

[size]
    One TEL owner said me, that after he made mutual links between his domains, they were banned by search engine Yandex. He said, that it took him a lot of time to pull them out of that ban. After that he changed content and even put different contacts emails and telephones on every of his TEL. I do not know what situation is with Google.

Quote:
    [/size]

They will not become more popular or mainstream. Hence re-sale values will not rise.

[size]
    Can you explain this in details? Without facts and reasons it sounds not very convincing now.[/size]

dialaroom02-14-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 5448)
    One TEL owner said me, that after he made mutual links between his domains, they were banned by search engine Yandex. He said, that it took him a lot of time to pull them out of that ban. After that he changed content and even put different contacts emails and telephones on every of his TEL. I do not know what situation is with Google.

[size]
    Experience from .tel community members shows that cross-linking .tel resources can have a positive effect on search rankings. ( not my words, Telnics) see http://www.telnic.com/newsletters/do...aph-feb10.html every seo professional will tell you Quality content, followed by quality links are vital for search engine optimisation. 
    My last comments were more rhetorical then authoritative. I had just been searching for .tel UK city names to add one way links to from my UK directory, and found that most of them had been bought and were obviously just for sale, or oddly just contained a "go to" link to themselves and nothing else. 
    It made me a little concerned as to how they are percieved by the general public.
    I have little or no knowledge of buying domain names as investments, but surely public perception of a tld must affect the market value.
    Perhaps I'm wrong.[/size]

dotteler02-18-2010 04:28 AM

Link exchange

I'd like to do some link exchange. If others are interested it might be worthwhile creating a space for listing .tel domains interested in doing exchanges. 
    It would take a little work to add the links but should be worth it.

tel4rent02-18-2010 06:07 PM

What about if all tel of the week link to each other or link to each other if they are in the same category but covering a different country.

Be well.

mactel02-19-2010 12:11 PM

When working online, and linking: Countries are not related to borders and barriers. It is one space: The cyber space. It is one world: The World Wide Web. That is one of the beauties of Internet.
    @ dialaroom:
    I have am holding "penarth.tel" (town/city in Wales/UK), because I will populate it very soon.
    That will be my second town, after "hohentengen.tel" (town in South Germany).

The market value of a domain name depends primarily on the name itself, and secondly, how useful it could be (potential / hidden value), and thirdly, if the domain name had been successfully in use (page views, achieved sales of goods and services), and last but not least, the degree of brand awareness, or level of familiarity. Often, just the good name is enough, without any justifications, proves or statistics, etc.
    Which is why the creation of the name itself, is the most vital and essential.
    Which is why populating a domain, for selling it, is not so important, but could help sell it, if it would be already a bit established. 

dialaroom02-19-2010 04:22 PM

Linkto.tel

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotteler (Post 5560)
    I'd like to do some link exchange. If others are interested it might be worthwhile creating a space for listing .tel domains interested in doing exchanges. 
    It would take a little work to add the links but should be worth it.

[size]
    Please take a look at Linkto.tel its a .tel I registered just for .tel community members to list populated .tels for one way links. I'd be happy to populate in my spare time if it is suitable, thought I'd posted it before, added a few instructions quickly, happy to alter the format, but thought categories would be better then alphabetical. What do you think? Would you use it? Would it be useful?[/size]

JLouisBiz02-19-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

I have just realised why almost no one wants to link their popuated .tels to each other, it's because they've nearly all been bought by you clever domainers for re-sale when the tld becomes more popular and mainstream. However, I do get a slight feeling of irony about the fact that until more and more domains are populated with information their name suggests, rather than for sale signs. They will not become more popular or mainstream. Hence re-sale values will not rise.

I was just amazed by how many .tels have been sold to domainers, compared with end users.

[size]
    Those are valid points to mention. Thank you. 

I have also observed that some TELs are used as commercial directories. But in comparison to real directory software like this one:http://demo.gossamer-threads.com/linkssql/ the TEL domain is kind of degraded, very limited directory.

I bet someone of the designers is not quite satisfied because of the wrong path of usage of TEL domains. But it should not matter as long as money is coming for TEL sales.

Tomorrow I am going to propose to ICANN, my new TLD which will be .DIR doman where I will provide limited, closed source, hosted CMS for directories like this: http://demo.gossamer-threads.com/linkssql/ and my grandmother will propose Dot .FAMILY to provide limited, closed source, hosted CMS for FAMILY TREES and informations.[/size]

dialaroom02-19-2010 04:57 PM

Touché JLouisBiz.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 9:59 pm