The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Google ads on ipad

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Google ads on ipad Empty Google ads on ipad

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 2:00 pm

your-tel09-24-2010 04:04 PM

Google ads on ipad

Today I went to my local Currys electrical store (UK) to view how the .tels looked on the ipad.

I was impressed with the simplicity on how the .tels performed, however I noticed that google ads were not present on any of the pages.

I then decided to go to the offical Apple store across the road and view my .tels on the same ipad model that I had viewed in Curry's, and noticed that the google ads were present on all pages.

Can anyone tell me the reason for this ?? It has been previously noted that Apple will not be showing google ads on ipads and iphones but was surprised to see google ads present on my .tel pages in the offical Apple store.

mikeseaton09-24-2010 04:17 PM

Hi Your-Tel,

I had exactly the same experience and wrote about it in a previous thread at http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1470 - but others reported no problem with AdSense ads being displayed.

As with you I was using the iPad in Currys - so my guess is that they have somehow as company policy disabled AdSense ads on their in-store demo machines.

There may be a setting on the iPad (in Safari browser perhaps) to disable ads - does anybody know the answer to this?

Mike Seaton

your-tel09-24-2010 05:32 PM

Hi Mike

You maybe right regarding the settings in Safari, I shall have a look next time im in there.

Looking on the safari settings on my iphone there does not seem to be a option to disable ads. There is a option to block popups?

I was thinking it may be the isp provider that Curry's use could be blocking the ads?

Can someone with an ipad in the UK check to see if there is an option in safari settings to block ads

Kind Regards in advance

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 1:34 pm