The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

New Templates

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

New Templates Empty New Templates

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 4:46 pm

GoBigCity06-16-2011 04:27 PM

New Templates

This will be a very simple thread. Telnic, when will we have the new templates. PLEASE respond even if the answer is that we will not have them any time soon. SOMETHING please!

Aled06-16-2011 04:56 PM

GoBigCity,

When I have any more details on when these will be released I shall let you know. As I believe has been mentioned previously, these will be released in stages, so not all will be released at the same time.

Thanks,
    Aled

GoBigCity06-16-2011 05:02 PM

Aled
    Thank you for the reply. Can you tell us anything at all? Have they been started, half way done, almost ready.......anything?

I have what I think are 3 incredible geo's for the area that I live in but could never present them in the current design.

GoBigCity06-17-2011 12:47 AM

This is the part that I hate about this forum. You ask a question and get "When I have any more details on when these will be released I shall let you know" as an answer 2 minutes after your post. When you push for just a few more details............complete silence for 8 hours. It is so frustrating.

Aled06-17-2011 08:05 AM

GoBigCity,

I have no more details that I can share publicly at the moment. If I had, I would have done in my initial response.

Kartoshka06-17-2011 10:49 AM

GBC, that's normal for every business. 

Aled nor anyone else can be accused for any absence of upcoming info. That's what confidentiality is about. Would you let your competitors prepare for your next move? That's smart only if you disinform. ;-)

Btw i guess contacting telnic directly is a better option if your business is dependent on their work, as public forum serves a different purpose.

tindaya06-17-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kartoshka (Post 15461)
    GBC, that's normal for every business. 

Aled nor anyone else can be accused for any absence of upcoming info. That's what confidentiality is about.

[size]
    We are speaking only about the roadmap. Nothing more.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Kartoshka (Post 15461)
    Would you let your competitors prepare for your next move? That's smart only if you disinform. ;-)

[size]
    All serious companies say to theirs shareholders what will do the next year. The shareholder who put the money,need to know where is putting the money.[/size]

Kartoshka06-17-2011 02:04 PM

it's there. Q2 under "Customization of .tel pages".

GoBigCity06-20-2011 11:28 PM

Well, Q2 is over in 10 days..........so my problems will soon be over, right?

Shahid06-21-2011 08:41 AM

i don't understand why some people get so emotional here, what good is a new template going to do to you ? why not build some .tel and see the ranking and fix the colour scheme of it,

marimax06-24-2011 08:28 PM

Shahid, you are so right.
    Some people only know how to bitch.
    I have an example on another thread of a nice site www.lottonumbers.tel
    The person who made this site spent a lot of time and effort to make this site look professional.
    It has all the information about the subject, even logos for each lottery.
    If more people did that instead of sitting on their domains and waiting for a miracle we would be a lot farther ahead than we are today

GoBigCity06-28-2011 04:22 PM

Marimax
    You probably don't rellize it but just made my point by refering to the new template completion as a "miracle". Its too bad that after 2.5 years it will take, in YOUR words, a miracle to get the new templates. I am actively building my directories and waiting for a miracle

boracay.tel06-28-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigCity (Post 15840)
    Marimax
    I am actively building my directories

[size]
    Go big city, take a look here.... 
    If you really are building out your directories, then wrapping them inside of navigation style interfaces might be an immediate option. This example is using a Facebook "iframe" . It takes a little bit of work obviously, but the .tel data is under the hood

And if you would, please "like" my Facebook app.
    Cheers[/size]

Cees06-29-2011 08:08 AM

I'm impressed, that's really cool.

kiwihiker06-30-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 15744)
    It has all the information about the subject, even logos for each lottery.
    If more people did that instead of sitting on their domains and waiting for a miracle we would be a lot farther ahead than we are today

[size]
    Ah, I haven't who-ised, but the logos for the half-dozen subpages that i looked at are registered, so I'm guessing that the person building that site is unaware that what they've done is illegal?

Imagine how much snazzier that site would look with the new templates. Its not bitching to ask for the new templates - I have a number of local businesses interested in getting a .tel, but that won't proceed with the existing templates because they look very amatuerish. They do not want that existing look and feel detracting from their brand - and that's what they feel will happen with the existing templates. Look at the Lotto site - I'd bet the companies with their logos plastered on the sub-pages would not be happy from a brnading perspective![/size]

mikeseaton06-30-2011 01:26 AM

Create your own Template with .tel Integration

I can see why people are keen on the new templates - I particularly like the one with the large photo in the top centre as this will be very attractive to sites featuring products or properties.

But I think it is important to remember that a Telnic template is just one of many ways to get the information you want published out on the internet - Dot Tel is at the heart of it a DNS-based data storage system that anyone can read and publish from.

That's why I have no objection to J. Louis (banned from this forum) still running his DNS-reading software and automatically generating sites like http://domains123.tel-4.com - I know from Google Analytics it brings me traffic and also offers me valuable 1-way links to boost my SEO.

NB. I have not found any SEO ranking problems due to potential duplicate content issues.

So if you unhappy with the current templates there is nothing to stop you reading your DNS data directly and embedding your .tel in a .com where you can have your own template with anything you want.

Telnic even provide the hosted software for you to do this with a single link - see http://telnic.org/tools-website-integration.html for details - here's the link that would integrate my .tel domain sale site into any .com - http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/con...domains123.tel

Of course you would then want to promote your .com as well - but as mentioned .tel is all about DNS-based data being published via many outlets - there is nothing to prevent anyone reading Telnic's open access DNS data and publishing it in any form and on any device they choose.

Mike Seaton

dottel.net06-30-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwihiker (Post 15886)
    Ah, I haven't who-ised, but the logos for the half-dozen subpages that i looked at are registered, so I'm guessing that the person building that site is unaware that what they've done is illegal?

[size]
    most lotteries have affiliate programs that permit use of the logo when someone signs up to it[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-09, 2:06 pm