The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

New Templates Now Available

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

New Templates Now Available Empty New Templates Now Available

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:54 am

Aled07-05-2012 11:34 AM

New Templates Now Available

Three new templates are now available both through the .tel CTH control panel and also the API.

Within the control panel these can be selected in the same way as the current templates and appear as numbers 6, 7 and 8.

A couple of things to note, these have no effect on the smartphone and standard mobile templates which continue to display as previously. As currently, images (other than the logo), such as the larger image on template 8 are only available to be added programatically.

Thank you for your patience with regards to these new additions.

dottel.net07-05-2012 11:36 AM

thanks Aled. is there a link to a preview of what thse templates look like and a summary of the api changes to update the various new 'options' available?

telrific07-05-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 24849)
    Three new templates are now available both through the .tel CTH control panel and also the API.

Within the control panel these can be selected in the same way as the current templates and appear as numbers 6, 7 and 8.

A couple of things to note, these have no effect on the smartphone and standard mobile templates which continue to display as previously. As currently, images (other than the logo), such as the larger image on template 8 are only available to be added programatically.

Thank you for your patience with regards to these new additions.

[size]
    Thanks Aled, good to hear.

:)[/size]

Aled07-05-2012 11:39 AM

You can take a look at some examples (and I'm sure many here can do a better job) at:

Template 6 - http://largeco.tel/
    Template 7 - http://aled.tel/
    Template 8 - http://justin.tel/

The CTH also gives you a preview.

Aled07-05-2012 11:40 AM

With regards to the API, we have avoided any changes, so the templates can be set using the IDs 6,7 and 8 in the same way as the current templates.

The large image on template 8 uses the same image record as the other images at the top of the templates, just different dimensions (468x351)

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-05-2012 12:08 PM

Quick Update supports the large image for template 8.
    If you have more than one top image, then only one will appear at random.
    eg www.babyproducts.tel 
    Mark

dutchstreetdog07-05-2012 12:25 PM

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    And pls no complaining from frustrated people !!

tony mayo07-05-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24857)
    eg www.babyproducts.tel 
    Mark

[size]
    Just testing here Mark.
    It appears to knock out header text and link doesn't work. Indeed changing to new templates seems to cut header advert links in all cases.
    Early teething problems.[/size]

supercyberheroes07-05-2012 12:43 PM

I have not testing it yet but can we add, picture and video the same way telnames does, or we still need telcp and Mark tool.

Some one let me know please.

Regards
    http://ideal.tel 
    http://supercyberheroes.tel

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-05-2012 12:50 PM

No changes to CTH for images or video unfortunately. So still have to use 3rd party tools.
    Mark

teltheworld07-05-2012 12:53 PM

Don't know if I have missed anything but.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24857)
    eg www.babyproducts.tel 
    Mark

[size]
    Don't know if I have missed anything but I couldn't see any step by step instructions for setting up .Tel email

I very much doubt if 'Joe Public' will know what MX records are or what you do to configure your email.

Same goes for uploading the large image as again I cannot see any instructions 'Joe Public' would understand, as the instructions seem to be aimed at those who already know what they are doing.

I would also have thought there there might be some sort of explanation of how Cookies are used to make life a bit easier with the new EU directive. in case you want to use google maps or adsence etc

Just sharing a few thoughts and was wondering if anyone else agrees?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-05-2012 12:53 PM

Telvision.co updated but needs a bit of tweaking esp for template 8. Won't be ready for a few days as I am away this afternoon.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-05-2012 01:20 PM

Telnic Team, thanks for the new templates. 

As per your announcement email, I have a suggestion. 

Make a template #9 that is identical to #8 but supports the background colour #4 and is constrained in width like templates #3, #5 and #6. When viewing on wide monitors, the top banner is overwhelming. 
    The same constraint issue applies to #7.

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-05-2012 01:23 PM

The Bulk Insert tool now supports bulk changes for switching domains to new style templates.
    Mark

Blunderer07-05-2012 01:33 PM

I'm having trouble uploading my video.........still!

rlaughton07-05-2012 01:40 PM

Thanks!

I am "Joe Public" so thanks for the e-mail update about the new templates. I did not even know that there were old ones!

I have tried one out and now that I see it works I will go see what else can be done:

http://laughton.tel

When I go to the network to mange my sites I always get a warning about the CERTIFICATE and a suggestion that I do not go to the site. I just click GO anyway, but is there something we should have set so we do not get that warning?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-05-2012 01:50 PM

Aled, template #8 uses "Lobster" font in the heading font but some international characters are not consistently rendered. What was the rationale for using this style of font as it is inconsistent with other templates? See y8.tel example.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-05-2012 02:02 PM

Another suggestion for template #9. Use the four colors to control the gradients. 

#8 has purple as the fixed top color with color #2 as the bottom gradient. This unnecessary constraint doesn't allow anyone to adjust the colours of their page.

Mark

Aled07-05-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24870)
    Aled, template #8 uses "Lobster" font in the heading font but some international characters are not consistently rendered. What was the rationale for using this style of font as it is inconsistent with other templates? See y8.tel example.
    Mark

[size]
    I believe it was part of the style used in the competition winner.[/size]

supercyberheroes07-05-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24861)
    No changes to CTH for images or video unfortunately. So still have to use 3rd party tools.
    Mark

[size]
    Thank very much

http://ideal.tel[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

New Templates Now Available Empty Re: New Templates Now Available

tindaya07-05-2012 02:55 PM

So, how did you insert de big foto in template #8, with telmasters.com?????

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-05-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 24875)
    So, how did you insert de big foto in template #8, with telmasters.com?????

[size]

Quick Update, View domain, select template 8, then near bottom select Insert New Ad, Image Banner, select Top Image option.
    Update.

Mark[/size]

tindaya07-05-2012 03:29 PM

OK, sorry, I didn´t understand before. Now yes.
    The size must be fix 468x351, or I can put another size, and the sistem change my size to 468x351???

Aled07-05-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlaughton (Post 24869)

When I go to the network to mange my sites I always get a warning about the CERTIFICATE and a suggestion that I do not go to the site. I just click GO anyway, but is there something we should have set so we do not get that warning?

[size]
    The warning is because your provider has not renewed the certificate for their control panel. We will have notified them regarding this, but if you, as their customer also let them know hopefully they will be able to renew this soonest for you.

Thanks,
    Aled[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-05-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 24877)
    OK, sorry, I didn´t understand before. Now yes.
    The size must be fix 468x351, or I can put another size, and the sistem change my size to 468x351???

[size]
    It resizes images.
    Mark[/size]

dutchstreetdog07-05-2012 04:39 PM

everybody happy

Blunderer07-05-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 24873)
    I believe it was part of the style used in the competition winner.

[size]
    Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha. :D[/size]

TELcp07-05-2012 06:53 PM

Telnic,

Many thanks for the new templates.

++++

rlaughton07-05-2012 08:36 PM

Thanks - do you mean the provider we have out .TEL with (Register.ca) or the provider of our Internet Service (bell.ca). That is good information to know as I never knew those pup ups were because the provider did not renew the certificated.

Thanks Aled!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 24878)
    The warning is because your provider has not renewed the certificate for their control panel. We will have notified them regarding this, but if you, as their customer also let them know hopefully they will be able to renew this soonest for you.

Thanks,
    Aled

Artaban07-05-2012 09:18 PM

Thanks a lot!

Thank you very much for the nice templates, Telnic. 

I think to use them a lot. And we will wait for more! he he he.

Congratulations, it's an important moment for dot tel domains.

Aled07-06-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlaughton (Post 24889)
    Thanks - do you mean the provider we have out .TEL with (Register.ca) or the provider of our Internet Service (bell.ca). That is good information to know as I never knew those pup ups were because the provider did not renew the certificated.

Thanks Aled!

[size]
    Yes, the provider you have your .tel with is who you need to contact.

Thanks,

Aled[/size]

Geo07-06-2012 07:21 PM

Thanks Telnic, Aled, and whoever is working hard behind the scenes... for the new templates. 

Each improvement like this raises the potential, marketability, attractiveness, value, and useability of all Tels... its win-win-win for Telnic-owners-visitors.

Please keep up the momentum; each Tel owner, who is proud to show off their Tel to friends, family, coworkers is like a piece of your marketing team. Give us the tools, and we will work for you!

Kartoshka07-06-2012 09:52 PM

thanks for the refreshed look. 

telnic, please, remove Times New Roman typeface from template 7 - the headline. While this typeface itself is gorgeous, it's a singer from another opera. Currently, it looks like it not belongs there. Looks like the default lorem ipsum which lost it styling. ... thanks

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-06-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kartoshka (Post 24914)
    thanks for the refreshed look. 

telnic, please, remove Times New Roman typeface from template 7 - the headline. While this typeface itself is gorgeous, it's a singer from another opera. Currently, it looks like it not belongs there. Looks like the default lorem ipsum which lost it styling. ... thanks

[size]
    Actually Telnic, this comment is typical of the need to have limited styling capabilities. Telnic needs to control the overall format and design of .tel pages to maintain a consistent look and feel. However, domain owners should have some limited ability to style their pages, eg font face, font colors, page colours, even text bolding. I understand not all fonts can be supported due to sizing and overflow issues, but perhaps a selection of acceptable fonts. All is possible via the .tsm DNS record.

What say you Telnic (reply through Aled)?

Mark[/size]

SpeakingBadger07-06-2012 10:35 PM

OK.. I don't see anything special about these new Templates.. they are almost like the old ones. How are these in anyway, like the winners had their's?? I don't see options to add any of the extra stuff... it just changed a few colors and some of the layout. It seems so lame, I'm not sure why they added them..

Geo07-06-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeakingBadger (Post 24916)
    OK.. I don't see anything special about these new Templates.. they are almost like the old ones. How are these in anyway, like the winners had their's?? I don't see options to add any of the extra stuff... it just changed a few colors and some of the layout. It seems so lame, I'm not sure why they added them..

[size]
    It's a start, and a work in progress. I'm guessing that Telnic is understaffed, likely having devoted more resources to marketing and other aspects. Baby steps.

But I think that Telnic has a great opportunity here if they really apply themselves to design, interface, ease of use, and variety of customization options... all of which will not only make the price seem more like a bargain to the average person, but also inspire creativity and the ability to really express ourselves whether as an individual or business brand. 

It's a diamond in the rough...[/size]

Simon G07-06-2012 11:55 PM

Another Function I would love to see would be google maps opening within the screen
    on mobile devices. Currently telnames has it but the example for regular tels including aled.tel clicking on the map takes you away from safari. If the open close feature works for videos on the mobile proxy surely it could be included on the map feature?

Blunderer07-11-2012 10:26 PM

@Telnic,

If you should ever contemplate producing a further new template can I ask that you give consideration to the style adopted by Telnames please?

To me, the slim styling blends better with the mobile view, and for those of us not using adsense, etc., I think it presents a tidier view on large screen e.g.

http://ahorngmbh.tel
    http://businessworld.tel
    http://classicfilms.tel

Whilst I have always used the classic template http://tiverton.tel , I think this is better http://purplepages.tel .

supercyberheroes07-19-2012 12:27 AM

so to use big picture on template 8 we need a tool from Mark ?
    Regards

http://ideal.tel

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-19-2012 04:15 AM

@super yes Quick Update or TelVision
    Mark
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

supercyberheroes07-19-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 25065)
    @super yes Quick Update or TelVision
    Mark

[size]
    I done it Mark but banner is taking so long to appear, others are fine, let us know when telidentity is ready, one more thing in telidentity all is in English if you wish me and maybe some of us could help you with the translation into Spanish its only one page with FAQ.
    I checked vehicle.tel and it went to one page that is what we need to translate.

Regards
    http://ideal.tel[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-19-2012 01:42 PM

Yes a translation would be very nice. Please wait until the site is complete in August and we can see about the best way to load language files.
    Thx
    Mark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 5:29 am