The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Empty Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains!

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:19 pm

View Poll Results: How many .TEL domains will be registered end of the year 2013?
    0 - 100.000Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar2-lResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar2Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar2-rResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Clear00%
    100.001 - 200.000Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar3-lResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar3Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar3-rResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Clear15.26%
    200.001 - 300.000Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar4-lResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar4Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar4-rResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Clear526.32%
    300.001 - 400.000Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar5-lResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar5Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar5-rResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Clear421.05%
    400.001 - 500.000Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar6-lResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar6Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar6-rResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Clear210.53%
    500.001 - 600.000Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar1-lResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar1Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar1-rResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Clear210.53%
    600.001 - 700.000Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar2-lResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar2Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar2-rResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Clear00%
    700.001 - 800.000Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar3-lResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar3Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar3-rResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Clear15.26%
    800.001 - 900.000Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar4-lResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar4Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar4-rResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Clear15.26%
    900.001 or moreResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar5-lResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar5Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Bar5-rResearch for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Clear315.79%
    Voters: 19. This poll is closed

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Empty Re: Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains!

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:20 pm

Jens10-15-2011 04:33 PM

Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains!

Obsolescent

mikeseaton10-15-2011 11:03 PM

To see the 2011 month-by-month total registration numbers of both .tel and other TLDs clickhttp://www.hosterstats.com/DomainNameCounts2011.php

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton10-15-2011 11:16 PM

Jens,

I've just voted for the 200-300K figure, but in actual fact there should be two polls.

Poll 1. If a deal is done with a major internet player and/or a major marketing push that successfully reaches "Joe Public" causing him to desire to have his own .tel.

Poll 2. If things carry on as they are currently doing.

If there were two polls, my vote would be 1 million+ for Poll 1 and 100-200K for Poll 2.

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton10-16-2011 01:40 PM

I look forward to viewing the votes of Mark, Telrific, TelCP and Dottel.net - all software developers who are part of the .tel "ecosystem".

Come on guys, give us your honest assessment of where you see .tel in 2 years time - based on the situation as we know it now.

I think a realistic assessment of the situation is essential both for ourselves and for Telnic - you can't build a solid lasting business without realism !

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-16-2011 02:19 PM

I don't want to speculate because we have no control over what Telnic does.There's no point to this poll - that's why I didn't vote. 
    Mark

mikeseaton10-16-2011 02:31 PM

OK Mark fair enough if that's your view.

But speculate on .tel's longevity (which is largely tied to registrations being achieved and then renewed) is what most of us are having to do now - our time is not free and neither is renewing domain names year after year without any sign of mass market acceptance and desire by "Joe Public".

I'm still in there - just - but I am currently speculating how much longer I can afford to give to the .tel project - which is a shame since when I first came across the idea 2 years ago I was blown away by the concept.

It's just that the reality hasn't been delivered - 2.5 years after launch - of the great idea behind .tel !

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-16-2011 02:50 PM

Telnic needs to think out of the box to deliver greater value to get that market acceptance. I agree that it's hard to continue, I have other websites and products I want to develop and .tel is taking a lot of time away from starting those. I support those that want to continue and will do so with tools. Just about to start a new post related to thinking outside the box.
    Mark

teltheworld10-16-2011 03:42 PM

Was Open Authority such a good idea? 

While it has helped to develop a lot of useful tools, does anyone feel its diminished the need to have these provide in house? 

With the result we may have to rely on using 3rd party tools for some applications.

One of the reasons why a chose an operating system that I can use straight out of the box without the need for very much technical know how.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-16-2011 07:30 PM

That poll can never be accurate as there are so many factors in the future. It might be a prediction you can look at later. If you had said, if Telnic does this or that, what are the projections, then that might be valuable.
    Mark

Simon G10-16-2011 08:32 PM

depends how much of a chunk disillusioned domain speculators have to drop. 
    Not counting these reg trends will rise in .tel aswell as all the others. Have not got the stats infront of me but the general trend of domain registrations are that they are rising across the board. 
    I agree with Mark if you give us a few scenarios then a more qualified answer could be given in reply.
    To this end I have voted considering everything stays the same. ie there is no major announcements or partnerships and the domain speculators hold steady.

mikeseaton10-16-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 18379)
    ...there is no major announcements or partnerships...

[size]
    That's what really worries me !

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 18379)
    ...the domain speculators hold steady.

[size]
    They won't - without a major announcement/partnership and/or a major marketing push in the very near future !

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-16-2011 10:44 PM

If domain registrations and renewals drop significantly next year, how can Telnic hold out with a take of less than 2M per year in revenue? Their own investors would be extremely worried, unless they inject more cash. Laying off development staff, putting things on hold is one way to reduce costs - my suspicion why no templates yet and no major features. Telnic needs a major deal to happen soon. We all do. 
    Mark

supercyberheroes10-16-2011 11:32 PM

I would like to see .co
    regards

supercyberheroes10-17-2011 12:09 AM

I knew about telnic and .tel in 2006, since that day I believe deeply in .tel, for that reason I already renewed all my .tel domains til 2013, and I am waiting some good one that could drop.

Other idea to increase .tel registration is to make direct negotation with YP directories and social networks; telnic should drop alot the price to them, I mean direct registration through telnic and not cross domain registers. Telnic could give a very cheap price to universities and schools so this organizations can be in contact with their students, just not to name companies with their staffshttp://supercyberheroes.tel
    http://businessdirect.tel
    http://3dstore.tel

maximka10-17-2011 10:17 AM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

maximka10-17-2011 10:27 AM

maximka10-17-2011 12:34 PM

mikeseaton10-17-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18400)
    Telnic raised about $35 million in financing before realizing .tel domains

[size]
    Interesting article - here's an excerpt:

Telnic, which has so far raised about $35 million in financing, first applied to ICANN to commercialize the .tel domain in 2000. Permission finally came six years later, when ICANN awarded Telnic exclusive use of .tel. In the intervening time, the startup has spent about $15 million on the years of engineering needed to perfect the technology, Hayward says. 

Along the way, Telnic has also attracted prestigious backers including Paris-based venture capital firm Banexi Ventures Partners; Juan Villalonga, a former chief executive of Spanish telecom operator Telefónica (TEF); and the Berggruen Group, led by billionaire Nicolas Berggruen, who made much of his fortune in private equity and hedge funds. 

There's a venture capital firm involved, a former CEO of Telefonica, and a billionaire !

So why is .tel not a success, desired and used by "Joe Public", small businesses and multinational corporations all around the world ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

maximka10-17-2011 01:14 PM

TELcp10-17-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 18417)
    So why is .tel not a success, desired and used by "Joe Public", small businesses and multinational corporations all around the world ?[/B]
    Mike Seaton

[size]
    It is necessary to create an awareness of .tel usage among the end users.
    Otherwise the .tel will revolve only in and around the few .tel Owners who already own them.
    The total regged fig will always be around 300,000 + or - 10%.
    It is necessary attract as many end users (end users of tel pages of tel owners) as you can.
    More end users means more chances of new tel domains.

In fact, I don't think the price of the tel domain matters that much.
    It is just that if someone really going to make use the tel domain, for some purpose, is what matters.

Cheers![/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains! Empty Re: Research for future registration numbers of .TEL domains!

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:20 pm

maximka10-17-2011 04:20 PM

maximka10-17-2011 04:58 PM

TELcp10-17-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18432)
    Honestly I cannot give a correct assumption for the future, but what I don't believe is the registration numbers will stay close to 300.000!

[size]
    This assumption is based on regs during the last two years. And regged without any major promotion campaign. I don't think that long term investors of the domain will drop their names easily. Casual investors who wants to make a fast buck may have already dropped their names.

To increase the regs we need to get the tel across to the fast increasing number of mobile users. And make all information, promotion material available for the mobile users. I don't think at the least a 10% of the mobile users are aware of the existence of the .tel.

Making the tel popular among the mobile users and generating a demand for the tel among them is very important at this time.

.tel domain should be treated and promoted as a partner in mobile communications.
    When this is done the graph at the beginning of the post which looks like a skeleton of a baby Dinosaur will change to look like a skeleton of a Giraffe.

Cheers![/size]

Blunderer10-17-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 18347)
    Was Open Authority such a good idea? 

While it has helped to develop a lot of useful tools, does anyone feel its diminished the need to have these provide in house?

With the result we may have to rely on using 3rd party tools for some applications.

One of the reasons why a chose an operating system that I can use straight out of the box without the need for very much technical know how.

[size]
    Too many possibilities now. Too few tools to help the likes of us. I'm grateful for what I have, though, and plodding away.[/size]

Cees10-18-2011 08:00 AM

TELcp, 
    I'm willing to bet the Family Jewels that not even 1% of mobile users is aware of .tel, which ironically is both good & bad.

mikeseaton10-18-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18473)

• The product itself must look appealing.
    • The product must offer something new.
    • Without a big marketing campaign no product can come into the mind of the public quickly.

[size]
    Jens, for once I agree with you 100% - but do Telnic - that's what really matters if .tel is to finally succeed in the real world and not become "the best internet idea that never happened" !

Many forum members have put a huge amount of time and money into the .tel project - no company could ask more of the .tel "ecosystem" - the ball really is in Telnic's court now to deliver the results that "Joe Public" desires and is prepared to spend money on !

Mike Seaton[/size]

maximka10-18-2011 04:17 PM

maximka10-18-2011 07:38 PM

telrific10-20-2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 18338)
    I look forward to viewing the votes of Mark, Telrific, TelCP and Dottel.net - all software developers who are part of the .tel "ecosystem".

Come on guys, give us your honest assessment of where you see .tel in 2 years time - based on the situation as we know it now.

I think a realistic assessment of the situation is essential both for ourselves and for Telnic - you can't build a solid lasting business without realism !

Mike Seaton

[size]
    I have voted that by 2013 end we will see closer to 1 million registrations.

Although we have received a slap in the face as .TEL supporters over the last 3 years from the World, the slap has been met with resolve: Ian, YellowBook, CitySearch, Fonecta, Macau YP, TelChina ... 

Think about what has transpired behind the scenes already and what the "tool" potential for .TEL and TelPages is again.

Remember this from a 2009 story at Telnic:

... This is when I first read of this new .tel TLD, and the more I analyzed it, the more all my instincts proved themselves accurate. Not only does .tel have unique properties far advanced over all previous domains, including .com, .tel also represents the true reality and nature of how all interaction begins.

No two parties are ever able to communicate or share information until they have one thing - contact information. With old technologies one is forced to use address books, telephone books, business cards, notes, etc., which can be an absolute nightmare. Even with the internet, other TLDs still force you to load a website just to get to the contact information. This is simply not practical or useful for many people or their devices and it's much like "having a trailer system just so you can get to a vehicle". With .tel you get to the "vehicle" first, something that is critical to every individual, business, and internet enabled device. The "trailers" are always available after that, of course, as rich-features will always be popular additions. Watching TelPages and .tel domains as they become the single place that all interaction begins will be very exciting for .tel participants.

No matter what analogy one uses, the "tractor/trailer" or the "card catalog/library", .TEL and the Domain Name addressing system for Individual and Business listings is REAL and a REAL Advantage over anything else. The "Internet of things to come" is KEY.

I think the "Maturity of the Masses" will take Internet from "Fad to Function" quicker now. Economic reality demands "the fun is over" for the Masses, .TEL is serious first, fun later. People don't like that, but they will.

:cool:[/size]

telrific10-20-2011 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18578)
    ... And yes; it is serious - because it costs a lot of money to stay patient!

Should .TEL reach critical mass, I will apologize for all my criticism before!

[size]

That's just it, if you have to spend money and have so much "patience" to gain, many call it a scam and leave.

To qualify that remark you must understand that Reality has one rule: ROI or Die.

So far, we are only dying, no Return on Investment.

Some are already dead and gone.

This is not cool for anyone so far, not even Telnic.

That doesn't mean anything, some are enjoying small ROI for small Investment, a single .TEL

Most people just don't see the ROI though, $10-20 for something less than free ?

At least if TelPages was promoted better, the price of admission to "The Book" is ROI enough.

Bad book, no ROI to most.

The ROI will come eventually, if you survive the drought.

:o[/size]

mikeseaton10-20-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 18579)
    At least if TelPages was promoted better, the price of admission to "The Book" is ROI enough.

Bad book, no ROI to most.

[size]
    Two simple ways to achieve this were suggested by Mark and myself 6 months ago on 20 April 2011 

Nadya thought both ideas "very good" - but nothing has happened since then. Why?

The two changes could be achieved in about an hour's coding time plus testing !

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific10-20-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 18601)
    Two simple ways to achieve this were suggested by Mark and myself 6 months ago on 20 April 2011 

Nadya thought both ideas "very good" - but nothing has happened since then. Why?

The two changes could be achieved in about an hour's coding time plus testing !

Mike Seaton

[size]
    I think that the general position of Telnic regarding TelPages is "embarrassing".

That is, there is not enough style and/content to say "Look at Us !"

What's the term, Critical Mass ?

New Templates Plus New Control Panel Plus New Friending Equals New Content.

Then maybe "Look At Us !" ...

Sadly, "The Book" should sell itself on Quality and Style alone, Regardless of Number of Results, even if only 10 .TEL pages within.

If Telnic couldn't sell TelPages and .TEL Pages using the Telnic Team as the starting example for both, it was hurting.

It's not too late to take this approach Telnic !

Create a better TelPages and a better Template, use the Team, tell the world -- many will join you.

The best ad is the product and service itself, plus it's team.

:)[/size]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 1:54 am