The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Famous person buy's 3 names

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Famous person buy's 3 names Empty Famous person buy's 3 names

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:45 pm

Cees10-25-2011 07:04 AM

Famous person buy's 3 names

Looks as though Louis has confidence in .tel
    Jeanlouis.tel
    Jean-louis.tel
    John-louis.tel
    The above registered today.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-25-2011 12:50 PM

and 5 others (maybe Serbian/Croatian).
    Mark

mikeseaton10-25-2011 01:38 PM

Here's another famous person - though this .tel remarkably remains unregistered !

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton10-25-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 18711)
    Looks as though Louis has confidence in .tel
    Jeanlouis.tel
    Jean-louis.tel
    John-louis.tel
    The above registered today.

[size]
    Not surprised by this - Jean Louis has developed the only private proxy reading Telnic's Open DNS - currently 31,400 pages indexed in Google - so despite being banned from this forum he is very much linked to the .tel project.

Mike Seaton[/size]

dialaroom10-25-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 18718)
    Not surprised by this - Jean Louis has developed the only private proxy reading Telnic's Open DNS - currently 31,400 pages indexed in Google - so despite being banned from this forum he is very much linked to the .tel project.

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Mike, about 3,000 or more of those are for pages on some of my .tels. Each results page shows my .tel content a link to the original .tel and all its links appear to be "do follow". I may be totally wrong, but right from the beginning when JL was a forum member, his argument was he was breaking no laws and I'm sure a 1,000 free one way backlinks to http://taxinumbers.tel helped it jump to PR2 after a month. (I for one miss his posts (and Mactel's)).

Isn't the general concensus that he's in some way infringing copyright and penalising our sites by offering duplicate content. Doesn't appear to have done me any harm, my affiliate links still work and I still get any commisions if they are clicked through his tel-4 pages or my own .tels. 

I know I'm probably missing the point totally, but what is the downside.[/size]

mikeseaton10-25-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 18719)
    Mike, about 3,000 or more of those are for pages on some of my .tels. Each results page shows my .tel content a link to the original .tel and all its links appear to be "do follow". I may be totally wrong, but right from the beginning when JL was a forum member, his argument was he was breaking no laws and I'm sure a 1,000 free one way backlinks tohttp://taxinumbers.tel helped it jump to PR2 after a month. (I for one miss his posts (and Mactel's)).

Isn't the general concensus that he's in some way infringing copyright and penalising our sites by offering duplicate content. Doesn't appear to have done me any harm, my affiliate links still work and I still get any commisions if they are clicked through his tel-4 pages or my own .tels. 

I know I'm probably missing the point totally, but what is the downside.

[size]
    Tel-4.com gives me direct traffic as well as one-way backlinks, these backlinks then increase the search engine positioning of both my original .tel and the referenced .com sites.

I don't believe there is any copyright issue when data has been freely submitted to Telnic's Open DNS - I would imagine somewhere in ICANN regulations is a clause which says the contents of the DNS (the heart of the internet) must remain open and readable to all.

Note 1: Think Twitter and Facebook - although you remain responsible for any defamatory remarks you make, Twitter and Facebook allow others (via their API and other tools) to freely display the content you have input.

Note 2: MyDomain.tel displayed by Telnic's proxy is not your own web site, but Telnic's proxy reading of the Open DNS - Telnic allows anyone else's proxy to read and display contents of the Open DNS as well.

I recently moved my domain sales site to a new domain http://www.DNSales.co, with links that feed traffic and link juice set up athttp://DNSales.tel.

One of the first things I did was put a link in one of my forum posts to http://DNSales.tel-4.com - this helped generate rapid search indexing of both http://www.DNSales.co and http://DNSales.tel which were both referenced in Jean Louis' proxy http://DNSales.tel-4.com

So no real downside - extra traffic, extra backlinks, and generally more publicity for your original content !

Mike Seaton[/size]

maximka10-25-2011 04:34 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

maximka10-25-2011 06:03 PM

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-25-2011 07:00 PM

@maximka Yes
    @all: The danger with tel-4 is if he puts framing back in. That is what he had done at first and I objected and even reported to Google. Without framing, no problem as the site becomes sort of a directory for tel sites.
    Mark

maximka10-25-2011 07:48 PM

dialaroom10-25-2011 08:56 PM

[QUOTE=Mark Kolb (Kprobe);
    @all: The danger with tel-4 is if he puts framing back in. [/QUOTE]

Pretty confident that won't happen as I'm sure there is a really simple single line of script that can stop any page content from appearing in frames except for in the parent site. Telnic could easily implement this and bring down the sites iframe content. Am sure JL must know this. 

As for me, happy to accept all free one way links gratefully.

mikeseaton10-25-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 18732)
    Pretty confident that won't happen as I'm sure there is a really simple single line of script that can stop any page content from appearing in frames except for in the parent site. Telnic could easily implement this and bring down the sites iframe content. Am sure JL must know this.

[size]
    I use the following framebust coding (there are other variations of this) which works perfectly - simply put it into an include file and then include it between the and statements of all pages:

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 18732)
    As for me, happy to accept all free one way links gratefully.

[size]
    So are most people - Free Traffic and Free One-Way Backlinks !

Mike Seaton[/size]

Cees10-26-2011 08:00 AM

But why didn't Louis Thetabiz, register "theta.tel"

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-26-2011 12:44 PM

@cees: I see it was meant for you.
    Mark

Cees10-26-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18738)
    @cees: I see it was meant for you.
    Mark

[size]
    Would seem that way!
    As far as I'm aware it's been available for at least 6 months.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-02-2011 01:45 AM

Famous person's latest blog referencing @boracay, another re Obama and yet one more.
    Mark

dialaroom11-02-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18820)
    Famous person's latest blog referencing @boracay, another re Obama and yet one more.
    Mark

[size]
    To say the guy thinks tel absorbs, he certainly spend a lot of his time blogging about it, anyway all for free speech, just joined his forum http://my.opera.com/tel-domain/forums/ that makes 2 members, me and JL. - it has a great feature, you can add a secret message inside your posts, only readable by members you nominate. Could be useful on this forum.

Always liked Opera as a browser, My Opera has some good features just joined as "taxinumbers" it already has over 8 million members, free photo uploads, blog, etc. (free links).[/size]

Cees11-02-2011 07:42 PM

that makes 2 members, me and JL. - it has a great feature, you can add a secret message inside your posts, only readable by members you nominate. Could be useful on this forum.

Sort of knowing JL, would that mean "readable by members you nominate" and JL:)

dialaroom11-02-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 18826)
    that makes 2 members, me and JL. - it has a great feature, you can add a secret message inside your posts, only readable by members you nominate. Could be useful on this forum.

Sort of knowing JL, would that mean "readable by members you nominate" and JL:)

[size]
    What a terrible thing to say however he is the only other member[/size]

Cees11-02-2011 07:57 PM

Can always be used as subterfuge I suppose.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Famous person buy's 3 names Empty Re: Famous person buy's 3 names

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:46 pm

dialaroom11-03-2011 09:48 AM

http://my.opera.com/tel-domain/forum...omment10698352

It appears he who cannot be named is still banned form the forum.

Aled11-03-2011 09:51 AM

dialaroom - a permanent ban from the forum is just that. The same person trying to register with a different name 12 months later will not be permitted if they are banned.

dialaroom11-03-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 18849)
    dialaroom - a permanent ban from the forum is just that. The same person trying to register with a different name 12 months later will not be permitted if they are banned.

[size]
    That's OK, no skin off my nose. It's just that I saw he was logged in, in the What's going on section, as a member, actually clicked on his profile, it came up and under infractions it listed his and said they had expired. So naturally assumed you had let him re-join.[/size]

mikeseaton11-14-2011 02:08 PM

Jean Louis interest in .tel continues !

I recently received an invitation via Twitter to join his new .Tel Forum at http://my.opera.com/tel-domain/forums - it does appear a legitimate forum for discussing the .tel project - though obviously duplicates a lot of what is found here. 

Mike Seaton

dialaroom11-14-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 19004)
    Jean Louis interest in .tel continues !

I recently received an invitation via Twitter to join his new .Tel Forum at http://my.opera.com/tel-domain/forums - it does appear a legitimate forum for discussing the .tel project - though obviously duplicates a lot of what is found here. 

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Appears to contain only the thoughts of he who cannot be mentioned, (a bit like a Scottish Play we won't name).

Oh and 1 post from me, always up for a free link as you know.[/size]

boracay.tel11-28-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18820)
    Mark

[size]
    Geez. His subdomain copies of our boracay site are for many keywords ranking higher than our actual site and particularly the subdomains for specific resorts and yellow pages categories.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-28-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 19264)
    Geez. His subdomain copies of our boracay site are for many keywords ranking higher than our actual site and particularly the subdomains for specific resorts and yellow pages categories.

[size]
    It's because of all the linking he has done. To counter, we need to start linking our populated domains together. There is an initiative starting for linking city domains together. More info soon.

Mark[/size]

maximka11-28-2011 09:53 PM

dutchstreetdog01-07-2012 01:08 AM

I remember this famous person commenting on my adult site And saying

"I am not including adult websites in my directory.Speak what you want, but it degrades human nature"

And cheking my seo serp, i came across his scam site And found sleezy advertising on it.
    I found advertisement with a "big big sexy woman but" on it, but i am afraid to click it!
    What happend amigo? Short of money? changed your mind? Thinking diffrent about human nature? eating to much raw meat lately?
    And you even have my sexgids on your scamdomain!

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 12:55 pm