The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Interesting day

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Interesting day Empty Interesting day

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 6:15 pm

Blunderer04-18-2012 08:33 PM

Interesting day

Went to a well known high street (UK) bank to open a new business account today and got offered 2 years free banking - that's 2 YEARS WITH NO CHARGES AT ALL. I took it.

During the visit, the Business Manager told me that:

"Yellow Pages have had their time"

"Everyone has cut their advertising budgets, including the bank"

"The bank has stopped paying travelling expenses to their mortgage advisers - if they visit a client they do so at their own expense"

Hard times!

dialaroom04-18-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 22386)

"Yellow Pages have had their time"

[size]
    Just my opinion, but I've heard the same from a lot of businesses. Too expensive, too much baggage, poor customer service etc etc... could go on. I have listed most of my businesses (not just web) free with yellow pages, only to be told that if I didn't buy advertising my free listing would be removed. 

Used to advertise and spend a lot of money with them for a large company I managed, quite a few years ago, initially had reasonable return. Enquiries from them dropped off or were pointless, to the point where it was a total waste of marketing budget. 

Larger general directories can only be successful if they have a fairly comprehensive cover of all categories of business they profess to cover. As soon as it has empty categories, it becomes useless, like an empty .tel.

You only have to google yell.com reviews, there is a lot of disquiet out there about them. Small, focused, cheaper directories are doing better than ever. Mind you, I would say that wouldn't I.[/size]

Sumerlin04-18-2012 10:58 PM

There is something to it.
    Yellow pages shares go down in value every day (today was an exception)

telrific04-19-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumerlin (Post 22401)
    There is something to it.
    Yellow pages shares go down in value every day (today was an exception)

[size]
    That's a fact.

They haven't kept up - thinking they had it made.

They have the resources to do something about it, but will they ?

Even if they do, they can't beat the cost savings if Telpages gets it together.

It will still be a slow transition though, I still don't see small directories doing $ Billions in revenue in a bad economy like they are, so a "drop in the ocean" success doesn't exactly prove much today for the competition.

All in good time.

:)[/size]

Sumerlin04-19-2012 10:26 PM

This is a great chance for .tel, unfortunately the company is run by.....
    I will not finish my sentence because they will ban me like they did many others who had a guts to tell the truth

spline04-20-2012 11:28 AM

I got an account thats free for lifetime and have the same safty as a Swiss bank. Plus its open 24/7 instant transaction all over the world.

Transaction fee is 100.000% cheaper than with VISA/Paypal/Mastercard for each transaction.

Its called Bitcoin and unlike .tel names its has gone viral and gets lots of press. 
    You should check it out.

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 6:10 am