The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Time will .Tel - that's what they said way back in...

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Time will .Tel - that's what they said way back in... Empty Time will .Tel - that's what they said way back in...

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 6:30 pm

mikeseaton05-20-2012 05:44 PM

Time will .Tel - that's what they said way back in...

Quote:

Paperless, Global Contact Directory? Time will .Tel - Of course, to be worth investing in, .tel has to be user-friendly and accessible enough—and professional looking enough—to differentiate itself from, say a free domain you can register at BlogSpot. Also, .tel will also have to be eminently searchable—it won't do anybody or any business any good if it gets buried under Facebook and LinkedIn profiles. But if it can rise to the task, we may finally have a definitive reason to call for the cancellation of all phone books.

[size]
    Here's the link to the full article - but over 3 years later has time finally run out for .tel ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific05-21-2012 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 23897)

Here's the link to the full article - but over 3 years later has time finally run out for .tel ?

Mike Seaton

[size]
    When the Facebook fad crashes, people will look for something real, aka .TEL

This means Telnic has bought time, with the fad blooming, to get itself together.

Had it been successful to start, it may have peaked prior/at Facebook competition.

Now, it crawled, walked, wobbled, and can go from there to peak "post-Fadbook".

Stay the course, work on the Ship.

:)[/size]

mikeseaton05-21-2012 07:18 PM

@telrific

I don't believe .tel is destined to become a social network domain - but even if it could go down that route there is one thing that attracts 900 Million users to Facebook which .tel will never have - Facebook is FREE !

Mike Seaton

Alex05-21-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 23915)
    Facebook is FREE !

[size]
    This statement is completely wrong:

Users pay with the loss of their privacy and with delivering their complete identity to the advertising industry![/size]

telrific05-21-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 23915)
    @telrific

I don't believe .tel is destined to become a social network domain - but even if it could go down that route there is one thing that attracts 900 Million users ..

Mike Seaton

[size]

People who use Facebook:

1. Go To A Primary Website: www.facebook.com
    2. Search For People or Businesses
    3. Communicate With One Another Using The Tools Provided On The Page.

People who use .TEL:

1. Go To A Primary Website: www.telpages.com
    2. Search For People or Businesses
    3. Communicate With One Another Using The Tools Provided On The Page.

It's All Social:

social - pertaining to, devoted to, or characterized by companionship or relations.

society communicating = social

Now, ask yourself why one of the above is used most often over the other: "free" is a good part of it ! (But that's not all of it !)

:)[/size]

Cees05-22-2012 08:21 AM

Free for the moment, they have to find a model/s that brings in money.

In New Zealand
    "Facebook has rolled out a new product, named "Highlight," that allows users to pay a $2 cash fee if they want their status updates to be more prominent in their friends' news feeds."

Alex05-22-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 23925)
    Free for the moment, they have to find a model/s that brings in money.

In New Zealand
    "Facebook has rolled out a new product, named "Highlight," that allows users to pay a $2 cash fee if they want their status updates to be more prominent in their friends' news feeds."

[size]
    It won't take long until you can get a Facebook account free of ads for a fee.[/size]

telrific06-04-2012 01:29 PM

Are we there yet TelPages Book ?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...popularity.PNG

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-04-2012 02:58 PM

Until Telpages is open to search engines, it's impossible to tell where we are.
    Mark

telrific06-05-2012 07:45 AM

As we wait for the June Newsletter, it doesn't hurt to be reminded of the CEO's words ending 2011:

http://www.telnic.org/newsletters/do...aph-dec11.html

dottel.net06-05-2012 10:30 AM

my two cents....

i think telnic has got the strategy totally wrong and are missing the strengths of their own product. focusing on the 'online business card' for want of a better term when there are free offerings available is a difficult sell. they instead should show a business how that with a few subdomains and little work a business can attract long tail traffic quickly and easily.... the $10 seo package. having your own 'mini site', online business card, etc happens to be a very handy by product

TelRise06-08-2012 08:02 AM

I agree, without the benefit of long tail seo offered by subdomains, a dot tel loses a lot of its appeal for providing online visibility.

telrific06-08-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TelRise (Post 24364)
    I agree, without the benefit of long tail seo offered by subdomains, a dot tel loses a lot of its appeal for providing online visibility.

[size]
    That may have been the appeal for some, but it was never the intent of .TEL or TelPages by design, or as a gTLD statement to ICANN as its primary purpose.

As intended, see the new post and opportunity for either style >> here <<

;)[/size]

dutchstreetdog06-13-2012 10:36 PM

New extensions

My goverment bought 2 new extensions for €300.000
    .politie and .overheidnl
    Philips bought .philips
    Google bought .lol who nows why ?!
    And Pepsi And Coca are both fighting for .cola
    WHATS WRONG WITH DOTTEL FOR €10,-

Alex06-13-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 24475)

[size]
    No software development & no marketing! That's it![/size]

dutchstreetdog06-13-2012 11:24 PM

Well the new gTLD also dint do nothing on marketing and being soled for €150,000 a piece
    And the new gTLDs need someone to program the websites, with telnic you can do it yourself
    with the CTH 
    So, i dont now, what to think about all this, but i still believe in DotTel and hope it gets the break it diserves !

Alex06-13-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 24479)
    Well the new gTLD also dint do nothing on marketing and being soled for €150,000 a piece

[size]
    Your impression is wrong! 

For the new gTLDs the most powerful marketing which exists has been used to sell this new product:
    Management consultants with excellent relationships to the industry have convinced influential decision makers in big companies to buy their own nTLD.

Do the same with .tel - and it'll be a success, too![/size]

Alex06-13-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 24480)
    Do the same with .tel - and it'll be a success, too!

[size]
    In the case of .tel it's not enough to convince those companies only to buy a domain (and let it empty after); instead you have to convince them to integrate it into their existing technologies.[/size]

dutchstreetdog06-14-2012 12:31 AM

Yes you probely right !
    Thats how those things work
    The big boys from big companys are invited to a expensive nightclub, bey those marketing boys
    The drink some champagne, smoke some sigars, in the mean time the show rentaslut.tel as à example
    And its all good !

Blunderer06-14-2012 02:20 AM

What exactly will Barclay's Bank and American Express be able to do with their own TLD that they can't do with .com (which they can assert a right to)? There may be some justification for major organisations setting up their own domain extension (did they ask the shareholders?) but what justification is there for Amsterdam's Local Government spending taxpayers money on a vanity domain? And then they will have to change all of their letterheads and vehicle signage, etc..

.tel is different, so it does not stand comparison.

It all reminds me of the story of the kings new clothes - Fashion hype.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Time will .Tel - that's what they said way back in... Empty Re: Time will .Tel - that's what they said way back in...

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 6:30 pm

Blunderer06-14-2012 02:39 AM

@Alex,

I had a look at your forum earlier today (made me feel nostalgic - thought I might sign up under the username Sucksessful) and must point out that the figures you quote for my plan should be per site, per anum, not weekly (I wish). The plan is to get to the point where I am populating a site to that level each week. I wouldn't want anyone ordering a new Rolls Royce, against the expectation of earning £52K a year from each site.

telrific06-14-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 24475)

[size]
    No TelPages Directory Refinement and Marketing (still).

http://yptalk.wordpress.com/2012/06/...curer-factors/

It's a customer participation thing, and we ain't gettin' it yet.

"Participate by yourself" - yeah, that's a killer message.

:([/size]

Alex06-14-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 24485)
    @Alex,

I had a look at your forum earlier today (made me feel nostalgic - thought I might sign up under the username Sucksessful) and must point out that the figures you quote for my plan should be per site, per anum, not weekly (I wish). The plan is to get to the point where I am populating a site to that level each week. I wouldn't want anyone ordering a new Rolls Royce, against the expectation of earning £52K a year from each site.

[size]
    Thank you for the feedback, Blunderer!

To correct the numbers I've attached your information into the thread there.

I would be very happy if you sign up. 

I believe also it would be beneficial to present such great project as yours to the public to gain interest for .tel.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 11:59 pm