The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

New to Selling .Tels - Tips & Suggestions...

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

New to Selling .Tels - Tips & Suggestions... Empty New to Selling .Tels - Tips & Suggestions...

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 3:04 pm

Geo02-27-2012 11:28 AM

New to Selling .Tels - Tips & Suggestions...

Being new to selling .Tel, I was just wondering how others here go about it. Where are the best places to advertise or list .Tel domains? Do you try to contact potential buyers directly, and if so what approach has worked for you in the past?

I would like to sell some domains to help offset the cost of renewals; should I put some content in them first to make them look good, or is that a waste of time? It seems that with the current market rates for .Tels escrow services, including Sedo, are kind of expensive. How do you go about your sales?

TIA

mikeseaton02-27-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 20553)
    It seems that with the current market rates for .Tels escrow services, including Sedo, are kind of expensive. How do you go about your sales?

[size]
    Geo - If a domain seller doesn't use an Escrow service you need to ask yourself two questions:

Q1 - Am I prepared to transfer my domain to the buyer and trust them to make payment ?

Q2 - Is it likely the buyer is going to transfer money to me before they receive the domain ?

If the answer to either of the above is NO, which is usually the case unless you know each other or the domain is being sold for peanuts, then failing to use an Escrow service simply means the likelihood of completing a sale, of any extension, is very low.

It's for this reason I use Sedowho include their excellent Escrow service within their commission charge.

Regarding the sale of .tels at the moment, unless and until "Joe Public" knows about, desires, and registers .tels the sale price will remain low and therefore you may consider it better to develop and get revenue via AdSense etc. rather than hope to make a capital gain from selling.

I am doing this with some of my .tel domains, it takes a lot of time and means concentrating on your best names, but it is a fact that the resale market is and will remain low until .tel has critical mass and the public see having their own .tel as natural as owning a mobile phone.

It's a reality check all .tel owners face - which is why many .tel investors have a diversified portfolio - my other focus is .com (obviously) and the .com alternative .co (see CoInternet) which can of course be linked to and from your .tel.

Mike Seaton[/size]

dottel.net02-27-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 20557)
    many .tel investors have a diversified portfolio

[size]
    indeed - sound advice to anyone. never good to have all your eggs in one basket.
    for anyone looking beyond .tel & .com .net .org and regional cctlds, .me and .co appear to be the best alternatives...[/size]

Geo02-27-2012 09:44 PM

Good advice. So it appears that Sedo is the best alternative now if you're willing to factor in $50 plus for the deal? 

Any luck going direct to possible buyers or any contact you guys first?

How difficult is it to make at least reg fee back via Adsense on a Geo or any .Tel ? How much time per domain would you need to invest in a domain? I do realize that there many variables. Thanks

aliencafe02-28-2012 06:39 AM

I'm making a Reg. fee per month basically around $10.00 usd per month on Waikiki.tel. I set it up a year or so ago and I get clicks every few days, with many visits everyday-

Geo, some sales have been made between reputable buyers and sellers here on the forum. Most of us have been here for 3 yrs and know each other. This eliminates the sedo fee trading amongst ourselves, however all the buyers here are experienced buyers and prices are not earth shattering right now..

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-28-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 20579)
    Geo, some sales have been made between reputable buyers and sellers here on the forum. Most of us have been here for 3 yrs and know each other. This eliminates the sedo fee trading amongst ourselves, however all the buyers here are experienced buyers and prices are not earth shattering right now..

[size]
    I agree with Aliencafe. The trades between forum members have been rock-solid with virtual handshakes. I've bought and sold several this way. All you need to do is ask about anyone on the forum and you'll get your answer.

Mark[/size]

dottel.net02-28-2012 03:47 PM

agree - it's been a pleasure doing biz with folks on this forum. I've either bought from or sold to most of the senior members here.

TELcp02-29-2012 07:13 AM

Well, I think It's my duty also to mention that I have done transactions directly (via Paypal, cutting down escrow expenses) with senior members here without any problem. Most of them migrated here from telsters.com.

Besides that, they have clear contact/location details in either their forum profiles or in their signatures (outgoing links to their biz etc). This makes easier to identify any member whether senior or junior.

Cheers!

tel4rent02-29-2012 09:43 AM

I agree...it was a pleasure to do biz with many...straightforward.

dialaroom02-29-2012 10:43 AM

Buying and selling amongst fellow forum members is a great place to start why not list a few here, get some feedback. Personally I wouldn't trust any of them!:D

Current date/time is 2024-05-13, 3:36 am