The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Sedo Question

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Sedo Question Empty Sedo Question

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 3:06 pm

teltheworld03-05-2012 02:05 PM

Sedo Question

I have been having a look at Sedo with regard to selling a .Tel

I have noticed some owners of TLD's which are not necessarily .Tels, have put a price beside them in the market place and have received offers.

Does that Automatically mean that the offers received were above the asking price?

Or that these offers could be below the asking price?

Just wanting clarification before I put my .Tel up for sale.

mikeseaton03-06-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 20675)
    I have noticed some owners of TLD's which are not necessarily .Tels, have put a price beside them in the market place and have received offers.

Does that Automatically mean that the offers received were above the asking price?

Or that these offers could be below the asking price?

[size]
    Could be either in theory, since you don't have to accept an offer unless you have your domain set up as "Buy Now" i.e. fixed price with immediate sale.

Sellers who get the full "Make Offer" asking price would probably tend to accept it - though Sedo give you the option of using the bid as the Reserve price and setting in motion a 7-day Sedo auction - no further bids and it automatically goes to the buyer at the Reserve price. This 7-day auction option is most likely to be taken by a seller when the bid is below the full asking price, or they never set an asking price in the first place.

You could haggle for more than the asking price when you receive a full asking price offer, though many buyers could well refuse to play ball with this.

Probably all a bit irrelevant at the moment, because until Telnic manage to get "Joe Public" interested in buying his own .tel the demand level is keeping prices low and therefore you will run into the the problem of not making a huge amount over the Sedo commission (15%, minimum 50 USD / 35 GBP, price includes escrow service) unless of course you have a top quality domain for sale. 

You may find it more effective to create your own domain sale site (mine is at http://www.Domains123.com) and then deal with the escrow side as a seperate issue - you may get away without escrow if the price is very cheap or the seller and buyer know each other, as with members of this forum.

If you are interested in creating your own domain sale site - which can of course be monetised with Google AdSense - I havehttp://www.DotTels.co for sale - for further details please click here.

Mike Seaton[/size]

teltheworld03-06-2012 01:28 AM

Hi Mike

Many thanks for replying, its just that I thought if you stated a minimum price in Market Place any offers below that would not even show up as being offers on Sedo.

mikeseaton03-06-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 20680)
    Hi Mike

Many thanks for replying, its just that I thought if you stated a minimum price in Market Place any offers below that would not even show up as being offers on Sedo.

[size]
    That's correct - if you set a Minimum Bid price on Sedo the potential buyer is unable to enter a bid below that amount, so the "offer" never actually gets made to the seller.

Mike Seaton[/size]

teltheworld03-06-2012 06:52 PM

Thanks Mike

I've got my head round it now

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 4:50 am