The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Sedo Auction Question

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Sedo Auction Question Empty Sedo Auction Question

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:45 am

teltheworld02-02-2011 10:23 AM

Sedo Auction Question

I have seen a couple of Auctions on Sedo where bids have not reached their reserve and was wondering how this could be, as in order to start an Auction you need to have an opening offer on Marketplace, which I understand 'Would' then be the reserve.

So wondering how with the Auction, it says that the reserve had not been met.

Shahid02-02-2011 01:10 PM

Hello,

Sedo has 2 kinds of auction

1) a sedo oriented ( part of promotion or sedo selects the best domains and auctions them )
    2) a user oriented ( where a normal person comes and see ( 2000 US$ or make an offer ) and he offers anything over 60 US$ as that is the minimum bid.

so what you see as the reserve is not met is part of sedo auction and they ask you ur reserve so it is 555 then sedo will put it as 999 and not met incase it goes over 555 then it will say reserve met.

where as in normal auction people will place a bid of 60 sedo will show you,

50 is for us and 10 for you ( minimum charge of sedo is 50 ) or 10% of 500 US$ if more it still 10%

so you get 3 options, 

choose the bid and sell
    make counter offer
    keep the bid as your reserve met price any bids over that your luck or else it will be sold for that. during 7 day auction.

Thanks

Shahid

teltheworld02-02-2011 01:43 PM

Hi Shahid

I 'think' I'm getting my head around it now?

I ask say $2,000 and someone offers $750 Then I could if I wanted to use that opening offer of $750 to start the Auction (or wait for a better offer)

If it doesn't make the reserve of $2,000 I then have to Sell for $750

If it goes for $2,000 or more then my reserve is met and I am very happy

What was really confusing me, was that I was assuming that if 'my make offer' on Sedos Marketplace had been set for example at $2,000.

Any offer less than $2,000 would automatically be rejected by Sedo and not passed on to me to be considered.

Hope I have got that right?

But just one more question:

Lets say my reserve is $2,000 and someone offers $750 and I use that $750 offer to Start an Auction
    then another bidder offers say $950

What happens at the end of the Auction if it doesn't reach the reserve?

Is the bidder who offered $950 obliged to buy it, even though the reserve price was not met?

The reason I am asking this, is that in a 'Normal' Auction for 'Goods' if the item does not reach the reserve, the sale is void and the 'Under bidder' does not have to buy it.

Many Thanks Shahid

maximka02-02-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 12498)
    50 is for us and 10 for you ( minimum charge of sedo is 50 ) or 10% of 500 US$ if more it still 10%

[size]
    What with TEL extention? As we know, TEL could not be parked, so the minimum is 50 EUR, not dollars?

http://litvo.webasyst.net/photos/ful...ea18f5726c0a22[/size]

teltheworld02-02-2011 06:02 PM

Thank you Maximka

Very useful info

mikeseaton02-02-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 12495)
    I have seen a couple of Auctions on Sedo where bids have not reached their reserve and was wondering how this could be, as in order to start an Auction you need to have an opening offer on Marketplace, which I understand 'Would' then be the reserve.

[size]
    Yes that's true - to start a Marketplace auction you need to accept a bid that becomes the reserve - BTW you can negotiate upwards from the original bid before accepting say a 2nd or 3rd bid as the reserve and then start your Marketplace auction at that point.

However if you have a premium domain (as defined by Sedo staff) the requirement of an existing offer does not apply - so your auction bids can start at below the reserve price - much like conventional auctions for physical items.

Here's a link which shows the different types of Sedo auctions
    https://www.sedo.co.uk/uk/sell-domai...ons/sedo-gmbh/

Mike Seaton[/size]

teltheworld02-03-2011 12:08 AM

Many Thanks Mike

I think I am starting to get the hang of it now!

Much appreciate you taking the trouble to answer my question

Shahid02-03-2011 01:48 PM

http://sedo.com/us/about-us/price-li...d=&language=us please go to this link you will find it is 50 US$ not Euro.

sorry for late reply but i guess mike made you understand it

shahid

maximka02-03-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 12520)
    http://sedo.com/us/about-us/price-li...d=&language=us please go to this link you will find it is 50 US$ not Euro.

sorry for late reply but i guess mike made you understand it

shahid

[size]
    Can there the money unit be connected with currency in which Sedo pays to you? I remember that when two weeks ago I asked Sedo's manager to change the currency at my account from EUR to USD, she answered:
    Quote:
    [/size]

Dear maximka,
    If your country of residence is in the European Union (EU) (excluding the UK): you will receive payments in EUR, regardless of the address of your bank account. This is done automatically by the system.

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 1:12 pm