The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Haiti EarthQuake is massive

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Haiti EarthQuake is massive Empty Haiti EarthQuake is massive

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 5:52 pm

tel4rent01-14-2010 01:07 AM

Haiti EarthQuake is massive

On January 12, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck Haiti. Join recovery efforts mobilizing around the world to assist earthquake victims. Your donation will help disaster victims rebuild their lives and their communities. Spread the word with HaitiEarthQuake

Be generous and donate now!!

Call YELE

Thanks for your donation.

Be well.

mactel01-14-2010 02:51 AM

Great idea and approache.
    But you can impossibly ask for donations, and at the same time only displaying your email address: You must at least show your the name and address of your organisation.
    Thats only common sense. If there would be a problem later, people need to refere to the organizer and collector of the donations.
    That's like a untouchable person. Business or charity does not work that way. And specially today: People are asking for the most possible transparency. I notice, that there are many owners of .tel domains, not mentioning who they are, or where they are, or what their business address is. That is so unpersonal, often much too anonyme, and not very inviting. And if they can't find any address, why should they then bother to take a closer look at a .tel domain name, and navigate through folders, etc.?
    Hey, people: Be realistic, and show your face, if you want to do business or charity. 

But again: It is a good idea and attempt, about helping people in Haiti.
    I wish you a lot of success.

tel4rent01-14-2010 08:24 AM

Dear Mactel,

Thank you for your support.

The domain is to simply put as much information as possible under one roof...easy to find and take action. The web domain was made for the sole purpose to help the people of Haiti recover as fast as possible.

The concerns that you mentioned below is valid and we never stress enough to be careful to whom you donate. Thanks for the reminder. However, i want to make it loud and clear that the donations mentioned on the HaitiEarthQuake are going for their respective organizations and NOT TO ME. 

I do not endorse any organization and information is provided as an inspiration for you to explore the best ways for you to impact your world.

These resources include some of the highest-rated charities by CharityNavigator.org (an independent and non-profit organization that evaluates and rates thousands of charity groups based on effectiveness and financial stability) and are vetted by CNN journalists for credibility: CNN, BBC, [url=http://www.google.com/relief/haitiearthquake/#utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=haiti earthquake]GOOGLE [/url]etc...You can verify it. But again a little research would have put it at ease.

The world is mobilizing to help the people of Haiti on all media (TV, blogs, web site, mobile etc...) and why not DOT TEL. 

My intentions are to get the word out there so you raise the awareness about this calamity and HaitiEarthQuake is my share to help the world and the people of Haiti.

Today we all need to take action...

Be aware NEWS ON HaitiEarthQuake

Looking for a MISSING PERSON

Help the earthquake victims - Donate NOW SMS HaitiEarthQuake or DONATE NOW SMS YELE 

Be well.

Shahid01-14-2010 08:46 AM

Great approach Tel4rent, its something like www.AIDS.tel which i own

mactel01-14-2010 10:17 AM

Great approach, and I had wished that the inhabitants of the Gaza Strip would of got only a fraction of the support that Haiti is getting now.
    Anyway, Palestine will get more support, through use of .tel, as well...
    Donate for Haiti and Palestine (Gaza, especially)... 

@ tel4rent:
    A lot people won't click on the links of haitiearthquake.tel, if they do not see any address. IMO.
    - Build trust and confidence..., not suspicion...
    Before I click on any "Donate" link or button, I want to verify, who the responsible organisation or person is.
    Putting a "Donate" link right on the very top, and no oranisation name obove, or in the header does not make too much sense to me, personally. It is too ballyhoo... Even if it is meant to be a good cause. 
    It might quasi put people off, seeing that "Donate" link as the very first link of all links.
    Introduce your project and endeavours to assist Haiti, to the readers, before you hold out your hand, and ask for money (to help). Then people will be more willing to donate, once they are informed, and know who you are.

tel4rent01-14-2010 01:36 PM

Mactel!

Thanks for the constructive comments. I will take it into consideration on the next update. 

Be well.

Keep Donating YELE

Latest News on HaitiEarthQuake

tel4rent01-15-2010 02:57 AM

Hi All,

Just finished updating HaitiEarthQuake.tel and Yele.tel.

Added contact numbers / charity organization for the european continent.

Thanks for your donation and help

tel4rent01-16-2010 01:22 PM

Hello to all,

I have just added the phone number of RED CROSS in New Zealand and also the SMS format for Direct Relief (only US).

For people trying to find their love ones Person Finder is provided by google.

For more news in English or French, check out HAITI EARTHQUAKE NEWS

Continue DONATING

tel4rent01-17-2010 05:15 PM

UK donation for haiti earthquake

You can Now donate from the UK to Haiti EarthQuake with DEC UK.

Keep donating to Haiti

tel4rent01-18-2010 10:11 PM

Have reworked the structure of Haiti EarthQuake and added more agencies NON-US...mainly francegermanydenmarkmexico...

But also integrated Person Finder apps from google to help people find their loved ones...

Keep donating to Haiti.

Thanks!

dottel01-19-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 4653)
    Have reworked the structure of Haiti EarthQuake and added more agencies NON-US...mainly francegermanydenmark,mexico...

But also integrated Person Finder apps from google to help people find their loved ones...

Keep donating to Haiti.

Thanks!

[size]
    Tel4rent, may be you should 
    1. contact the organisations/agencies that are working there and offer your site to update the info/stats/etc that could help them.
    2. Advertise your site using adwords (any ppc methods) to reach the public for more donations to the victims.
    3. advertise on other forums[/size]

tel4rent01-19-2010 01:11 PM

Thank dottel for the tips.

I am actively working on what you said. Let's see how it shows on the results. 

Quite frankly it is been a great experience for me personally and meet wonderful people during the Haiti EarthQuake crisis. Let's keep our fingers crossed

All major tech/internet organization has been involved in one way or another even sometimes together to build the best tool to help rescuers, victims, charity agencies, volunteers report from the ground. Great learning! You can almost read the next generation of tools taking shape...

If you haven't donated yet, DO IT NOW!!! Let see how many dot tel owners have given

Be well

Shahid01-19-2010 01:27 PM

It's a very noble cause may ALLAH reward you in this world and here after

Howard01-20-2010 02:45 PM

Congratulations tel4rent for all the effort you've put into this worthwhile use of a .tel. 

http://haitiearthquake.tel/ is this week's .tel of the week.

tel4rent01-20-2010 09:10 PM

Thanks Howard! I am very happy to hear that. Hope it will raise awareness about the victims of haiti. 

There is a great among of time being invest in building a central repository to capture the details of all victims in Haiti. Volunteers are needed to help "clean" the data, you can help by visiting Haiti EarthQuake. It is on the front page (right side, you cannot miss it)

If you know anyone reporting or looking for a missing person, please direct them to visit Find ME

But most importantly, Keep donating to Haiti.

I dedicate the tel of the week to all the victims of Haiti.

Be well.

dottel01-20-2010 11:12 PM

Congrats Tel4rent

tel4rent01-21-2010 12:01 PM

Thanks dottel!

Volunteers are need to convert the data of missing victims. If you have free time in your hand or know anyone that can help. Please jump in and start converting

Be Well.

tel4rent02-17-2010 09:35 AM

Dear All,

It is a soft reminder that Haiti still need your contributions of any form money, service, voluntarism, IT etc...Keep it in your thoughts and act today in your local community!

"It is in giving that your receive..." by Master Choa Kok Sui

Be well.

dottel02-17-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 5529)
    Dear All,

It is a soft reminder that Haiti still need your contributions of any form money, service, voluntarism, IT etc...Keep it in your thoughts and act today in your local community!

"It is in giving that your receive..." by Master Choa Kok Sui

Be well.

[size]
    I have checked http://donate.haitiearthquake.tel/ as I wanted to donate £££ but I see no option for such custom dinomination. All I see is £5 or £10..can you update a resource that can be used to donate more..

I prefer the sms method as it sounds faster and does not require to hang on phone..[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-01, 8:18 pm