The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Massive Profits with descriptive domain names

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Massive Profits with descriptive domain names Empty Massive Profits with descriptive domain names

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 2:43 pm

mikeseaton08-28-2011 11:22 PM

Massive Profits with descriptive domain names

Watch this video about how Zappy makes millions from descriptive domain names, think about the future opportunities that .tel offers, then marvel at how incredibly cheap .tel domains currently are !

Mike Seaton

telrific08-29-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 17109)
    Watch this video about how Zappy makes millions from descriptive domain names, think about the future opportunities that .tel offers, then marvel at how incredibly cheap .tel domains currently are !

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Excellent Video Mike.

Shows exactly what I've been saying all along with .TEL and YellowNames Premium, etc.

Couple that with the fact the generic domain name is a natural Key element of exclusive .TEL search results 
    and you have the best combination in the world with .TEL and TelPages.com being pushed together globally.

I watch the video and all I can think of is "duh". 

What is so hard to get about all this ?

:)[/size]

Shahid08-29-2011 09:10 AM

Thanks for sharing the info, its good to be read about then always read about people.

i feel sorry for that person selling CreditCards.com for 3m and the other selling it for 133m shows how much we need to learn from him.

just understand one thing .tel was a vision of success for many, even still is if you try to play with it only if you are in that market ( business small or big ) then i guess you surely are ahead of your competitors.

Shahid

mikeseaton08-29-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 17113)

• The examples in the videos were developed extensively with great design and individual product specificationswhat you cannot do with the control panel of .tel!

[size]
    Jens, while I understand your concerns, I think we must accept that .tel will never be a replacement web site for .com with all it's design options, although for many small businesses .tel may well be the only web prescence they will ever need.

But there are a couple of things that .tel has going for it that other TLDs don't, i.e:

1. The ability to work seamlessly on both mobile phones and desktops/laptops/tablets - with other TLDs you end up maintaining 2 sets of source code.

2. The fact that data in Telnic's Open DNS can be read and published by anyone - if you want your information published on the internet at zero cost to you this is a great way to achieve that.

I have accepted .tel for what it is - although that doesn't mean it can't be improved - and am making my future plans accordingly.

I just wan't "Joe Public" to become aware of .tel and see the benefit of "Dial By Name" and having a single point of contact.

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton08-29-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 17122)
    1. More and more websites with traditional TLDs has two kind of websites, too: one for desktops and one for cellphones (just like .tel), but the .com websites looks better on desktops than .tel websites!
    It works the same way as with .tel: There is a routine that detects the visitor's device and shows either the .com web template or the .com mobile template!
    And I don't have to maintain 2 sets of source code with a .com; this process is automated!
    So this is not an advantage of .tel !!!!!

[size]
    With .tel the display of mobile or desktop is automatically detected and the appropriate screen served up. You can do the same with a .com, but the difference is that it is YOU who has to code the device detection and serve up the appropriate screen, the .com registry does not automatically do this for you !

Quote:
    [/size]

2. Since there are a lot of tools on the internet at no charge, I can achieve the same with a .com or with a .tel, e. g. at name.com both a .com and a .tel cost only 9.99 $. 
    That is all I need; the hosting I can get in both cases in addition for free!
    But there is one big difference: if I want to spend a lot of money to give an outstanding impression about my web appearance, I can easily buy upgrades for a .com, but not for a .tel !!!!!

[size]
    Absolutely correct - .tel is not meant to be a replacement for .com !

Quote:
    [/size]

The only plus factor for .tel is the "Dial By Name" option (as you mentioned). When I can start using it? (I mean not only in theory! *)

[size]
    I use http://TelDial.com, available now and free of charge, to "Dial By Name" (and also "Email By Name") from the address bar - here are some examples which can be called from both mobile phones and desktops/laptops/tablets:

http://domains123.teldial.com
    http://henri.teldial.com
    http://justin.teldial.com
    http://mikeseaton.teldial.com
    http://nadya.teldial.com
    http://telnic.teldial.com

Mike Seaton[/size]

dottel.net08-29-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 17124)
    With .tel the display of mobile or desktop is automatically detected and the appropriate screen served up. You can do the same with a .com, but the difference is that it is YOU who has to code the device detection and serve up the appropriate screen, the .com registry does not automatically do this for you !

[size]
    not really - if you're using for example wordpress then there's a simple free plugin you install that will serve up a mobile theme. couldn't be easier to do. for an example check http://newswire.tel.cm on both a pc and mobile device ;)[/size]

mikeseaton08-29-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 17125)
    not really - if you're using for example wordpress then there's a simple free plugin you install that will serve up a mobile theme. couldn't be easier to do. for an example check http://newswire.tel.cm on both a pc and mobile device

[size]
    I think the thing to appreciate with .tel is that it is not a product whose mass market sales are aimed at the developer - most .tel users do not want to learn how to use Wordpress and install free plugins.

The average Joe, who .tel must target if it is to be successful and reach the mainstream, simply wants to input their data through an easy-to-use facility like the CTH and have it work on both mobile phones and desktops/laptops/tablets without any further work whatsoever !

Mike Seaton[/size]

dottel.net08-29-2011 11:02 PM

@jens - sorry, just happened to read the thread and responded. i'll slow down

maximka09-01-2011 08:03 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-01-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 17130)
    PS: Within this forum I reminded several times the missing blog functionality of .tel domains!

[size]
    Limited blogging can be done now via the GuestBook tool (also http://guest-book-1.samples.guestbooks.tel/). If someone wants an extensive blog, then I can expand the tool to handle comments larger than 255 characters, except that they cannot be ordered by date in that case. Tools to make .tel more interactive are available but need to be marketed.

Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-01-2011 10:57 PM

@Jens, please. We know that is not possible. Interactivity is limited. But for less than $20 per year, a small business can get rather decent exposure. I'd rather focus on the more positive things and hope it inspires Telnic to be more proactive and open in development.
    Mark

maximka09-02-2011 11:35 AM

maximka09-02-2011 02:37 PM

tindaya09-03-2011 09:50 AM

When I bought my first domain .tel I thought this kind of domain was too much simple, but two years later I think this domain is too much complex.

You can do many many interesting things, but you must study a lot of how do it.

Two years a lot, I thougt that the domain .tel will be the future, and now I go on thinking that domain .tel will be the future.

In Telcos 10 years ago, was created the NGN (all is IP), because the future is all IP, 10 years later, only 5% use the NGN, but all Telcos know that the future will be all IP.

The domains that I bought, always I say to my chindren that they will use them...

tindaya09-03-2011 01:19 PM

Disruptive innovation

Disruptive innovation, a term of art coined by Clayton Christensen, describes a process by which a product or service takes root initially in simple applications at the bottom of a market and then relentlessly moves ‘up market’, eventually displacing established competitors. 
    An innovation that is disruptive allows a whole new population of consumers access to a product or service that was historically only accessible to consumers with a lot of money or a lot of skill. Characteristics of disruptive businesses, at least in their initial stages, can include: lower gross margins, smaller target markets, and simpler products and services that may not appear as attractive as existing solutions when compared against traditional performance metrics.
    Because companies tend to innovate faster than their customers’ lives change, most organizations eventually end up producing products or services that are too good, too expensive, and too inconvenient for many customers. By only pursuing “sustaining innovations” that perpetuate what has historically helped them succeed, companies unwittingly open the door to “disruptive innovations”.

TELrural ...TELview ... TELpages ... TELdial ... TELcp

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 10:22 am