The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Total .TEL Registrations 1st August 2011

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Total .TEL Registrations 1st August 2011 Empty Total .TEL Registrations 1st August 2011

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 1:26 pm

telrific08-01-2011 01:11 PM

Total .TEL Registrations 1st August 2011

As promised monthly chart ...

Still consolidating.

www.Registrations.tel

mikeseaton08-01-2011 11:41 PM

.tel Total Registrations shows a change of -2703 on 1st August over 1st July - see http://www.hosterstats.com/DomainNameCounts2011.php for details.

I guess the attainment of Phase 2 "critical mass" is beginning to recede into the future - so maybe Phase 1.5 will have to do for now!

Mike Seaton

telrific08-02-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 16574)
    @telrific

Why the borderline in the chart is marked with 1,000,000 registrations? Will the chart curve touch this level until end of the timeline (end of next year)?

Joking apart:
    What people in this forum expect about the future development?

UP or DOWN?

What concerns me the most: 

Since one third of all registrations are made in China, how sure we can be their domains won't get dropped after the first year in spring 2012?

[size]
    So, there are currently 1,130+ domain name extensions worldwide, and ICANN has paved the way for what will likely be thousands more.

Of these, ALL BUT ONE serve the purpose of a website address and the "1st" type.

The ONE that is different of course is .TEL which serves a purpose all its own and the "2nd" type.

.COM is the "Original" for the 1st type, and currently has close to 100 million registrations.

.TEL is the "Original" for the 2nd type, and currently has close to 300 thousand registrations.

The "1 million mark" will be a significant milestone for .TEL as the "2nd type Original".

This was simply chosen to show a 1/100th milestone for .TEL vs. .COM

WHEN it happens is of course yet to be determined, perhaps well before the end of 2012 !

I still say that .TEL will rise to the occasion of a critical tool when people begin to realize that it is the beginning of all beginnings.

CheckMy.TEL shows the questions that can easily be answered using this 2nd type as a tool - questions that are asked everyday and can be averted easily with the phrase and a .TEL movement !

Once Individuals use the tool regularly and wisely, the rest will come, just like Facebook and Twitter and Email itself.

My recent assessment of a .TEL as such a key tool reinforces my belief that it is just a matter of time.

van.tel shows how the simple use of notes and a CheckMy.TEL attitude will advance it's use beyond a listing alone, and far beyond both Twitter and Facebook as some "fanatic commitment" to disclose everything you do !

.TEL is the serious tool, Facebook and Twitter a fad like MySpace that want to be real tools !

:)[/size]

dialaroom08-02-2011 07:50 AM

CheckMy.tel - Simply Brilliant!

dottel.net08-02-2011 09:13 AM

@telrific i also must admit i like the messaging around CheckMyTel
    Helps explain the purpose and usefulness of tel for individuals very well

telrific08-02-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 16580)
    CheckMy.tel - Simply Brilliant!

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 16583)
    @telrific i also must admit i like the messaging around CheckMyTel
    Helps explain the purpose and usefulness of tel for individuals very well

[size]
    Thanks ! You are certainly not alone, this simple message is making an amazing difference in attitude towards .TEL,
    and I am amazed at the difference in reception myself.

A listing by itself is often a "stagnant" prospect, but still important, like a statistic, or a fact.
    Facebook and Twitter are an endless commitment to a "flood" of endless banter.

In-between is .TEL, when the "Notes" are used to share and socialize like a "cool drink of water" of news
    and information for family and friends and patrons to enjoy.

A REAL tool, with a REAL value simply conveyed as "Check My .TEL" is working great so far !

(added) It seems that less is truly more after all when it comes to Facebook and Twitter style socializing and .TEL wins !

(added 2) It seems too that Telnic realizes the same with the Newsletter, Blog, etc. - Quality over Quanitity ... even if we "news junkies" don't like it ! (We're still checking though aren't we ?)

;)[/size]

marimax08-03-2011 04:41 PM

It's all nice but how do you make this two ads that you have on the right and when you click on them you are redirected to the webnames.ca site ?
    I wish Telnic had an instruction on how to do it

telrific08-03-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 16631)
    It's all nice but how do you make this two ads that you have on the right and when you click on them you are redirected to the webnames.ca site ?
    I wish Telnic had an instruction on how to do it

[size]
    There are two URL questions asked in the tools that both TelMasters.com and TelDomains.pl use:

1. URL of Image (Image Source)
    2. URL of Ad Link (Where To Send It)

Hope that helps, Maybe Mark can elaborate !

:o[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-03-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 16633)
    There are two URL questions asked in the tools that both TelMasters.com and TelDomains.pl use:

1. URL of Image (Image Source)
    2. URL of Ad Link (Where To Send It)

Hope that helps, Maybe Mark can elaborate !

[size]
    Several Telmasters tools to add adverts (images/text) to domains:
    1) Quick Update, free
    2) Bulk Insert records incl ads into subdomains, $2.88 per month
    3) Bulk Populate directories, $8.88 per month
    4) Tel Ad Manager for bulk subdomains also 
    You can add image and text ads, top, right, bottom plus mobile. 
    See ads4.tel for examples.

Mark[/size]

marimax08-10-2011 01:58 AM

Thank you guys but it is still a nightmare for me and I suppose for others.
    I know how to add pictures to my sites. Because I use Gravatar my pictures are very small so the question is how to make them bigger just like your Alaskan Cruise picture. It is not explained anywhere
    Also when you click on your picture you are redirected to another website. This is another problem for people like me who are not a technical people.
    I think if our websites look nice more people would populate them and it would benefit all of us but
    Telnic does not have instructions and I mean Detailed Instructions for geniuses like me who could do it.
    I wonder if they care at all.
    I couldn't use Marks tools for bulk inserting ads into domains because I just want to do it with one domain but in the future I will need his tool and will use his service

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-10-2011 02:13 AM

@marimax

At Telmaster, first add your domain via My Account > My Domains and authorize it to use Telmasters OpenAuth. 

Select Quick Update.Specify your domain and hit [View].

Near the bottom, find the TelAds section and select Image Ad. Have a link to your 250x250 picture ready at some website. Specify the link (press Preview to verfiy it) and specify the URL to the site. Select Right Side. Press [Update] and wait until rendered.

Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 7:54 pm