The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel Total Registrations 1st July 2011....

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel Total Registrations 1st July 2011.... Empty .tel Total Registrations 1st July 2011....

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 12:46 pm

mikeseaton07-02-2011 12:14 AM

.tel Total Registrations 1st July 2011....

.... is now available at http://www.hosterstats.com/DomainNameCounts2011.php

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton07-02-2011 12:48 AM

With .tel registrations at just 3.76% of .info registrations (296,158 v 7,881,985) surely it's time we recognised the real world situation that "critical mass" is just not going to be reached without some serious promotion as suggested in this thread and many other recent ones.

I really don't want .tel to end up as the best Dial-By-Name solution the world never got!

Please Telnic can you share with us the plan of action that is going to move .tel forward to Phase 2 which is the Killer App we on this forum know about - but very few others outside this forum do - and establish .tel as the communications revolution that it really is!

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Seaton

telrific07-02-2011 05:33 AM

Here is the corresponding chart, updated as promised:

www.registrations.tel

Slight drop again this month.

mikeseaton07-02-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 15970)
    Mike,

The idea behind .tel is an extraordinary one!

But you also have to realize that not every extraordinary idea will become a success!

[size]
    Jens, I do realise that, and am fully aware that "first mover advantage" counts for a lot, particularly in technological developments.

To quote from a previous post:

After 2 years 3 months time is running out because if .tel doesn't get into public consciousness soon the investors who are still "keeping the faith" will dump thousands of domains, developers will find it is not worth their while developing due to a limited market, and Apple, Google or Microsoft (or some new outfit) will develop, or buy in, a "Dial-By-Name" solution that is "good enough", probably free, and get their millions of existing subscribers using it.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 15970)
    Sorry, but as much as I wish .tel will see more interest, you also have to prepare for the worst case!

PS: I know how hard it can be to let go!

[size]
    I have in recent weeks picked up some amazing dropped names from a major domain investor who seems to have given up on .tel. These names would be worth 4,5, or even 6 figures if .coms, yet this investor is letting them drop rather than pay $10 for renewal. Obviously pleased with my purchases, the nagging thought is beginning to creep in "Does he recognise the situation better than I am doing?" I hope not!

Telnic Ltd. was formed on 29th April 1998, so it is about the same age as Google, about twice the age of FaceBook, and yet after 13 years existence, and over 2 years since the .tel launch, we still seem to be some way off getting its key offering, and Killer App, Phase 2 out on the streets!

I am beginning to make plans for what I will do if Phase 2 does not happen very soon. In my view any development like this needs an "Ecosystem" of domain investors and software developers - Telnic cannot afford to lose that.

I guess what concerns me most about the apparent lack of movement towards Phase 2 is that until this is attempted we won't know whether the Telcos etc. will play ball and modify their systems - it could be they just say "not interested" - but we won't find out until Telnic actually asks them!

End of post - I'm going back to work on my .tels - but for how much longer will I and others be convinced to "keep the faith"?

Mike Seaton[/size]

dottel.net07-02-2011 07:51 PM

my two cents on the whole situation... phase 2 won't happen anytime soon if ever with .tel

(to repeat something we all know: ) .tel is a single repository of contact information which also offers a web proxy, mobile proxy and free mobile apps ontop of it out of the box. when following some basic rules, it also appears to rank well in search engines and gets ok(ish) traffic. ... but its nothing more or less so as long as you're happy with this for your $10 annual investment then it's a good investment, otherwise it's questionable....

regarding aftermarket & resale prices, 2+ years on a decent name if you find the right end user can expect to sell for around $500+
    Not a bad return if you've held it for 2 years and only spent a total of $20 on it

i've given up thinking about whats going to come next and am instead shaping a portfolio that should do well if the basic .tel premise is the only thing that ever still holds true for a .tel

telrific07-02-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 15981)
    my two cents on the whole situation... phase 2 won't happen anytime soon if ever with .tel

(to repeat something we all know: ) .tel is a single repository of contact information which also offers a web proxy, mobile proxy and free mobile apps ontop of it out of the box. when following some basic rules, it also appears to rank well in search engines and gets ok(ish) traffic. ... but its nothing more or less so as long as you're happy with this for your $10 annual investment then it's a good investment, otherwise it's questionable....

regarding aftermarket & resale prices, 2+ years on a decent name if you find the right end user can expect to sell for around $500+
    Not a bad return if you've held it for 2 years and only spent a total of $20 on it

i've given up thinking about whats going to come next and am instead shaping a portfolio that should do well if the basic .tel premise is the only thing that ever still holds true for a .tel

[size]
    Basic .tel premise:

1. Low-cost, easy-to-manage web-presence, all-device friendly
    2. Global directory

Had the basic .tel premise proved itself of value on these two facets alone, we would already be seeing success.

Proof of Value:

Low-cost - Yes
    Easy-to-manage - No
    Web-presence - Yuck
    All-device friendly - Somewhat
    Global directory - Yuck

All we had/have to do is see the above all yes's !

:o[/size]

tindaya07-02-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 15982)
    Basic .tel premise:

Proof of Value:

Low-cost - Yes
    Easy-to-manage - No
    Web-presence - Yuck
    All-device friendly - Somewhat
    Global directory - Yuck

All we had/have to do is see the above all yes's !

[size]

Easy-to-manage-----> with TELcp--->YES
    Web-presencie and Gobal directory----------> With the ideas of Marks and the Maps of Telnic--->YES[/size]

telrific07-02-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15983)
    Easy-to-manage-----> with TELcp--->YES
    Web-presencie and Gobal directory----------> With the ideas of Marks and the Maps of Telnic--->YES

[size]
    Remember the thread title ?

registrations.telverified.com

"YES's" vs. "NO's and YUCK's" isn't much of an argument !

When .TEL hits the 1 Million mark the YES's might have an argument !

Of course, it will still pale in comparison to 129,000,000 .com's, but the YES's will have something to shout about as a start. 

Right now ? "NO's and YUCK's" winning is pretty obvious.

You can say they are are "two different animals", but that only makes it worse, because
    .TEL has a larger market potential by including everyday people that .com won't get !

Should be:

129,000,000 - .com
    1,290,000,000 - .tel

:([/size]

TELcp07-03-2011 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=dottel.net;15981
    i've given up thinking about whats going to come next and am instead shaping a portfolio that should do well if the basic .tel premise is the only thing that ever still holds true for a .tel[/QUOTE]

Compelled to agree on this statement.

P.S. However, we will still develop/improve "TELcp" and expedite beta testing of "TELsub".

daytonac07-04-2011 11:02 AM

hi guys, thought i'd put my 2 cents in, while more like $3000 plus that i have put in, i started buying domains back 2 years ago, it one stage had over 250 of them, when idn's came on the market, thought i'd cap it at 10, which i did, of that sold 4, will let 5 fall off, and i'll keep 八.tel (number8 in chinese,lets hope its lucky for me, as a 3rd of all reg's are now idn's.) of the 250 plus, i rereg'd about 50, 2nd year round, i only reg'd about 20, but have picked up some better ones that have fallen off other people account, then came the 2 digit ll.tels and nn.tels, of which we all could have gone crazy prereging those, that said i did get 7 of the 9 i prereg'd, funny thing of the available 90 nn.tels, 65 of them are owned by only 9 people, hell 45 of those are owned by 3 people, of all of this, i have come to similar conclusion of others, with a slight difference, lots of single year, and 2nd year reg's are falling off, but in 2012, will be the big one for people who bought them with 3 yrs reg, and that will be the telling time as to make or break for this extension, unless ofcourse telnic manage to create a frenzy of sales (100,000's) with people who know nothing about domaining, as these are the end user, and who ultimately are going to make this a great success, with the new must item for 2011/2012. 

When are dot.tels (telnic) going to be the new black?

Also, for the record, i like this extension and can't wait for someone to tell me there dot.tel instead of there boring phone number, 

andre sanson
    no4.tel

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 10:07 pm